2 Bugs in 1. Profile Picture, random text.

Aethroz's Avatar Aethroz5/1/14 11:10 am
1 emeralds 261 6
5/1/2014 12:36 pm
Aethroz's Avatar Aethroz

I noticed while browsing that sometimes, profile pictures under the submission are the Stock one, yet when commenting and on their profile page, the user has a custom profile picture.

Also, very often when browsing, the comment box will be filled with "random text". Not much of a problem, just thought I'd mention it incase it hadn't been mentioned before.
Aethroz
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2014 12:36 pm
Aethroz
Amsarian*Shakes fist* those darn viruses. I'm just glad they're gone so quickly. Kind of making me wary to click links embedded in words or images in case the virus guys are getting smarter.

Hover over. The url should pop up in the bottom left of your browser. You can make sure it links to what it says it will link to.
05/01/2014 12:29 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Aethroz
AmsarianI guess it will be fixed at some point, but it looks like there's stuff bigger going on, what with the virus spreading that's been happening.

Yep. Lot's of spam lately. Cyp and Paril and the Site Mods are fast to get rid of it though. Just takes away from the time they can be spending working on the site.

*Shakes fist* those darn viruses. I'm just glad they're gone so quickly. Kind of making me wary to click links embedded in words or images in case the virus guys are getting smarter.
05/01/2014 11:41 am
Aethroz
AmsarianI guess it will be fixed at some point, but it looks like there's stuff bigger going on, what with the virus spreading that's been happening.

Yep. Lot's of spam lately. Cyp and Paril and the Site Mods are fast to get rid of it though. Just takes away from the time they can be spending working on the site.
05/01/2014 11:22 am
Aethroz
I believe I saw it on a level 40 something in the projects section. It probably has to do with changing the picture, I just think it is odd, and wanted to bring it to dev's attention(because, you know, they don't have enough stuff to deal with).
05/01/2014 11:31 am
Amsarian
Then the likelihood is that the images take a while to update. I've seen that it actually varies, I'd bet that it has something to do with broadband speed or the time the profile is changed, such as when the site has more people on than usual.

I guess it will be fixed at some point, but it looks like there's stuff bigger going on, what with the virus spreading that's been happening.
05/01/2014 11:19 am
Amsarian
They could have recently changed their picture and it hasn't updated for the part that has the default image, so it just reverts to the Steve head. As for the random text, I think the page could have loaded wrong. Probably nothing we can fix ourselves.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome