I can't finish it

NonExistingName's Avatar NonExistingName12/5/14 2:56 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 22
12/6/2014 6:22 pm
Insanity's Avatar Insanity
I can't finish my creations.
I am very inspired. I build, write, draw to express my emotions and ideas.
Every once in a while I have this most amazing, wondrous idea. I start work on it. Writing, or building whatever, I start working on it and i do so for days.
The piece is a masterpiece (in my head, at least), but, the longer it takes, the more my will fades.
It's annoying, really.
I have this sudden spark of emotion, of idea. I turn to my computer, trying to put it down somewhere, in a physical form.
But then I type a letter. I place a block.
It goes wrong. I erase the whole thing, thinking I'll do it some other time.
But I never do.

I can't keep track of the amount of good ideas that have been lost to lack of interest. It's a shame, and I'd like to end it.
How can I do that?
NonExistingName
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/06/2014 6:22 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
i know how you feel
this happens alot when im composing, i have a great idea for a melody/chord progression but i can never get it to sound right.
12/06/2014 1:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc1799227
[deleted]
12/06/2014 1:30 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
iSayCr4pAlot
practice makes perfect :>
12/05/2014 10:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
CorkyW
I'd say your #1 problem is the "erase it" part. Don't do that!! Let's use a MC build for example: You have this good idea for a house, tower, whatever. You log on and start the build and something clicks in your head and suddenly you don't like the way it's turning out......now you want to start over. Fine, but don't delete the work you've already done. Leave it sitting there as is. If you want to start completely over, fine, move over and start on a fresh plot, but leave what you've done alone. At some point that creative spark will come back strong & you'll continue right back on that half built structure (most times adding things you didn't think of the 1st time and it ends up being much better)

I do this a lot, I call it builders block. Like writers block but with MC builds lol. I have partial structures in my single player world just hanging, waiting to be finished. And they will be when I gain interest in those particular build types again. Most times I jump from project to project just so I don't get too fed up or bored with that 1 single build. But the worst thing you can do it delete any work you've already physically put down wether it e a block, a sentence, etc. Keep all that stuff tucked away, it'll come in handy later.
12/06/2014 6:15 pm
NonExistingName
Might be useful. Thanks!
12/05/2014 9:23 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
YourLocalFloridian
Lol why's that?
12/06/2014 1:27 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
I been bannedz
Jk I don't have a computer that runs anything well.
12/05/2014 8:35 pm
YourLocalFloridian
LOL I'll try it when I get the chance, do you happen to have Steam?
12/05/2014 9:20 pm
Runninlikcraz
Yeah but I probably won't be able to use it for a long long long time
12/05/2014 8:31 pm
Runninlikcraz
YourLocalFloridian
zOmBiLoRd
NonExistingNameLong

Also Long

LOL Little Caesars pizza is great, it's just that crazy-bread stuff sucked! sorry if that's the stuff you like, not sure if that's the same as this Italian bread you speak of, I'll have to buy some sometime!

Italian Cheese Bread and Crazy Bread are immensely different. Crazy Bread is okay but I prefer Italian Cheese Bread because it's simply yum. But I can't disagree with a plain cheese pizza to go along with it though.
12/05/2014 7:04 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
Bjorn0411
i have similar problems, that i get an idea, start working on it, but never finish it, hell even my mother is similar.
but one thing you can do is to put some big idea into small objectives.
instead of seeing your goal as "finish the castle" (just as an example"
you should think "finish this section of the wall, then this part, etc etc..."

basically put smaller goals, that are withing a short reach. so that you can feel as if you have actually finished something.

when i placed a work board once on my builds, there was nothing as rewarding as removing those signs telling me what i needed to do.

hope i am of any help!
12/05/2014 6:43 pm
YourLocalFloridian
zOmBiLoRd
NonExistingNameI can't finish my creations.
Every once in a while I have this most amazing, wondrous idea. I start work on it. Writing, or building whatever, I start working on it and i do so for days.
The piece is a masterpiece (in my head, at least), but, the longer it takes, the more my will fades.
It's annoying, really.
I have this sudden spark of emotion, of idea. I turn to my computer, trying to put it down somewhere, in a physical form.
But I never do.

I can't keep track of the amount of good ideas that have been lost to lack of interest. It's a shame, and I'd like to end it.
How can I do that?

I have this same problem. I have some GREAT ideas and then I give up on them after a while of trial and error. There's a couple things you can TRY to stop giving up.
1. Reward yourself, this is a common method for lots of things like homework or working a long time (Unless you don't have a problem with those things ) rewarding yourself with something you've wanted for a while that wouldn't trouble you to buy if you absolutely want it as a reward. If I really wanted to finish something, I would force myself to eat vegetables and some protein as dinner (which I would hate) and then when finished with whatever, buy like, 10 boxes of italian cheese bread from Little Caesars
2. Don't carry the burden of finishing some things by yourselves. If you are implying that you make like projects for Minecraft or adventure maps, then don't make the entire thing by yourself! I've had some great adventure map ideas but I have only made 1 out of like the 8 that I've thought of, which still wasn't very good. I wasn't prepared to finish the whole thing by myself and I dragged it on and on for months on end. Grab some friends and let them help you finish things.
3. Take breaks to reinvigorate yourself. If you're having trouble thinking then just stop and pause. Take about 30 minutes to an hour to just relax and unwind. Think about the finished product of the thing you're working on and how (possibly) successful it will be. Sometimes all we need is a little forethought to keep our motivation boosted.
I hope I helped you man and I poured my brain out trying to help because I have the same problem. Now if only I used these methods Good luck!

LOL Little Caesars pizza is great, it's just that crazy-bread stuff sucked! sorry if that's the stuff you like, not sure if that's the same as this Italian bread you speak of, I'll have to buy some sometime!
12/05/2014 6:27 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
EthanConcept
I have the same problem but I like to think about how popular and how much people will like my creation so I just think about that the time I'm making whatever I am making. The creations and ideas you come up with have to be ones you actually like that is probably why you stop because you think its cool but then you didn't really want to do it in the first place. For example when I was creating my Build it Up and Trick or Treat minigame I was thinking how popular it might become but I didn't get bored because I wanted to make a game that someone suggested called: Build it Up and it included classes and I really wanted a game that had classes and I wanted to celebrate Halloween.

Hopefully you found this helpful and interestingly interesting

12/05/2014 6:11 pm
Runninlikcraz
NonExistingNameI can't finish my creations.
It's annoying, really.
But I never do.

How can I do that?

I have this same problem. I have some GREAT ideas and then I give up on them after a while of trial and error. There's a couple things you can TRY to stop giving up.
1. Reward yourself, this is a common method for lots of things like homework or working a long time (Unless you don't have a problem with those things ) rewarding yourself with something you've wanted for a while that wouldn't trouble you to buy if you absolutely want it as a reward. If I really wanted to finish something, I would force myself to eat vegetables and some protein as dinner (which I would hate) and then when finished with whatever, buy like, 10 boxes of italian cheese bread from Little Caesars
2. Don't carry the burden of finishing some things by yourselves. If you are implying that you make like projects for Minecraft or adventure maps, then don't make the entire thing by yourself! I've had some great adventure map ideas but I have only made 1 out of like the 8 that I've thought of, which still wasn't very good. I wasn't prepared to finish the whole thing by myself and I dragged it on and on for months on end. Grab some friends and let them help you finish things.
3. Take breaks to reinvigorate yourself. If you're having trouble thinking then just stop and pause. Take about 30 minutes to an hour to just relax and unwind. Think about the finished product of the thing you're working on and how (possibly) successful it will be. Sometimes all we need is a little forethought to keep our motivation boosted.
I hope I helped you man and I poured my brain out trying to help because I have the same problem. Now if only I used these methods Good luck!
12/05/2014 6:04 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
A suggestion would be to take breaks while working on it. After you have refreshed yourself, then you can come back to it feeling good and excited to start up again. I am not sure if this will help you, but it helps me.
12/05/2014 6:07 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
the problem in this case is that the break doesn"t end
12/05/2014 5:59 pm
YourLocalFloridian
double the same, especially with drawing! I see this masterpiece in my head, then I see some lines and a mis-placed arm on the paper! xD
12/05/2014 5:57 pm
Level 84 : Elite Artist
Arkadya
We're The Same
12/05/2014 6:03 pm
illdeletethis
how many are you?
12/05/2014 5:48 pm
illdeletethis
i know that situation
12/05/2014 5:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
wildwolf333
well you could do what I do and take a half used notebook (I used an old school one) and turn it into a minecraft journal for yourself and if you have an idea shove it in there
12/05/2014 5:30 pm
NonExistingName
I need help over here.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome