GeXile's Avatar GeXile9/17/12 6:42 am
9/17/2012 8:18 am
the_soup's Avatar the_soup
THIS HAPPENED TODAY:
the_soup
Site Moderator

about 3 hours ago
Removed submission. Reason: Unoriginal
A significant portion of your skin uses parts from other skin(s) that you did not create and therefore do not have the right to reuse. This can include preexisting skins by other members, skin-making programs or official Minecraft textures. Our community is interested in quality, original skins. Make your own. Thanks.

Sent: Today
To: the_soup
Okay i understand that u removed the assassin slime, by the way a bit not because it was a slime as assassin and that was not really unoriginal (and it was handmade + significant 99% more detailed then all the other assassin skins and i credited the ppl who had one, hopefully u saw that AND there was a link to the old assassin skin i reworked, so what did i do wrong) :S
Back to topic, I CANT POST my new skin, thats really bad now
be so kind, let the assassin skin go to the forgotten BUT let me post my projekts
thats not fair, u could have just tell me to remove it.
would have been easier and i would have done it cause i have a brain to use

GeX

The mod is offline at the moment so i got the problem the title features.

I only want 1 thing i want to be allowed to post, i mean thats really cruel.
I had requests and and and .....
and if this happens to really new to skinning introducted ppl they wont even be able to correct what they have done.
That was just like: slam the hammer harder on the user D:

And i really dont get why i got flagged and the skin removed it was similar to others but if this leads to remove. Then ehy there are 839492384398 hoodie skins and 783456493584 steve skins, i mean OMG no way.

If i missspelled something iam from germany sry xD
GeXile
Level 53 : Grandmaster Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/17/2012 8:18 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Erm, this has nothing to do with your hotlink not working. If you would have read the site rules, you would have known that A) Giving credit is NOT the same thing as getting permission and B) Many/most skins posted on skin-making websites are not original and are not allowed to be uploaded here.
The only way you would have been allowed to post that skin would be if you had gotten permission from the original creator (Leostereo) to edit it and re-upload it.
09/17/2012 8:01 am
GeXile
the_soupThe skin you posted contained elements stolen directly from this skin: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/ezi ... -lantosyt/

i gave that one credits Oo
even the author over skindex Oo
changed log said about 21:15 yesterday, german time.

but i think i found the fault of myself:
i made a word document with the credits hostet on my yahoo space and i think i forgot to mark it as html so pmc didnt save the change as a link and just saved the [ ]. Made because i didnt want to spam a whole site in the skin post, as ur beloved rules say it would have been spamming
In that case i have to say sry.
Well so see you tomorrow, and yes iam still the opinion that not being able to post for 24 hours just leads to 1 thing, the users leave the site and dont come again or spend the 24 hours with doing other things then reading the submission rules, dont u think so ?

GeX

StudnickyEVERYBODY LOOK HOW UNFAIR ALL THE OTHER MODS ARE!

eeerrrrmmmm no, i did not insult for unfair, and as i figured out it was my fault i think, when u read what i recently posted.
So it was more a unlucky fault of mine ending in the feeling of beeing unfair : /
the mods still just did the job, even if i find the rules a bit weired.
09/17/2012 7:55 am
the_soup
STODNECKY GET OUT THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU THIS ONE IS MINE
09/17/2012 7:55 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
EVERYBODY LOOK HOW UNFAIR ALL THE OTHER MODS ARE!
09/17/2012 7:54 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
onepiece101
0: MODERATOR'S RULING IS FINAL
All moderator rulings are final. If you believe that a moderator has ruled against you incorrectly, please send a polite PM to the Moderator who removed it. If you are rude or use profanity towards the moderators, your request will be ignored, regardless of its correctness and you will receive a temporary or even permanent ban. Moderators can make mistakes, however flaming them breaks many of the other rules on this list and will not be tolerated. If you can prove that the action taken was in error, we will gladly reverse the decision if possible. For either removed submissions or site bans, first appeal to the moderator who removed the submission or banned via a PM, or a different moderator if you suspect abuse.
17. PRIVATE MESSAGES
The Private Messaging (PM) system is used by members of this forum to send a communication between two people. These messages are by nature and name, Private. They are not to be published in the forum without the consent of all parties involved.

PM's sent by a moderator are not to be published under any circumstances. If a moderator wishes to make their thoughts known to the forum, they have ways of doing so.

If someone sends you a PM that violates the Forum Rules or in any way makes you feel uncomfortable, please notify a moderator immediately.

Anyone found posting PM's will be warned and/or suspended. Anyone found posting PM's from a moderator will be suspended.
09/17/2012 7:52 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
yes I can, but I'm not going to. The ban was for a single day and you can wait it out. Mainly because drawing attention to yourself in the forums by debating the "fairness" of an action by a moderator is against the rules itself.
09/17/2012 7:51 am
the_soup
The skin you posted contained elements stolen directly from this skin: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/ezi ... -lantosyt/ . As you had uploaded an unoriginal skin, I gave you a 1 day ban as I do every time I remove someone's skin who does not have any prior offenses. To put that in other terms, your punishment is not at all more harsh than any of the dozens of other people I have to punish a day.
As has been stated, not knowing the rules does not excuse you for not following them. I will not revoke your day ban because you broke our rules. Plain and simple. Follow our rules if you do not like being blocked from posting.
09/17/2012 7:42 am
GeXile
okay so u thought i didnt read them k, fail, i have read them when i created my acc thx.
okay so u still ignore the fact that my skin WITH credits and WITH thx and WITH a link to my old version got removed but the other 500 assassin skins not. kay
okay and u dont get that i just want to post, i wont upload the skin again, but let me post, i said sry so wheres the problem ?

and iam getting more and more used to the theory that iam talking to a wall

EDIT: cant you just turn off the *you are not allowed to post*
09/17/2012 7:36 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
You should be glad it wasn't someone far more strict. A 24 hour ban isn't something to be bothered about. As Carole said, take this time to read through the submission rules.
09/17/2012 7:31 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
Gexile... it's because when we ask our new members to read the rules of submission, we expect our new users to ... read the rules of submission.

When the new users turn around and yell that they didn't know it was against the rules, I always ask "Did you read the rules of submission before posting? No? Then I'm sorry, but ride out your punishment."

Consider the posting ban to be time to go through the rules on the site so that nothing else you post ever needs to be removed.
09/17/2012 7:07 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
This means that you have been site banned.
You have to wait out your ban.
09/17/2012 7:18 am
GeXile
ouh captain obvious xD (sry had to say this here)

thx i did regognize that but what does that mean to my problem, I WANT TO POST SKINS. This *u cant post* shit destroys many users as i recently found out on my ts servers. I mean i posted my old skin i credited some ppl and did make a skin of real good quality, and just because there are too many assassin skins, mine gets removed ?!?! That would mean the mods have to delete 80% of pmc skins ....... get what i want to say ? type in assassin in search and u see what i mean about 1000 results ?
[ironie on] I mean hay i made 1 (iam not shure if it was one) fault and get banned instantly, thats seriously very friendly to new users and very helpfull to develop this site [ironie off]

not to be rude to you, thats just because iam really pissed off at the moment
i mean 1 PM and i would have taken the skin down. NO just directly bann it and give me a postbarrier, srsly logic ?

GeX
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome