Collaborations - Multiple Submission Authors

Zatharel's Avatar Zatharel8/20/15 4:07 am
1 emeralds 366 9
8/23/2015 12:31 am
Chips's Avatar Chips
Hi there. I've been wanting to post this for a while now, only now had the time. I've divided it into spoilers to make it more clear.

The Idea
Have you ever worked together on something with a friend or a group of friends? Has it been an issue as to who has to post? Or have you just made a group account? This should solve all of that.

The idea is to be able to allow multiple people to own a single submission as "Collaborations". Interested? Read further.

The Execution
So how would this work?

Obviously, a single person will have to be the initial poster. So when that person does start uploading, there would be a field somewhere that says
"Other Authors:" which would function like our PM system (type out part of a name all similar names come up and then click on the specific one you want). These other authors would be able to edit the submission but not delete it. Deleting would belong solely to the initial poster. The said submission would show up on the profiles of all authors, and they would share the experience points.

And now I know what you're going to say - someone can just put in all their friends to earn exp. But what if we divide the experience? Say, for every submission author, the experience is divided. So if we've got 100 experience, and 4 authors, they would each get 25, and not the full 100. This would make it a tad more fair, wouldn't it?

Previous Mentions
I'm not the kind of person who posts without doing some research, so I'd like to note that there have been previous suggestions for this:
multiple-authors-t27071.html?hilit=multiple%20authors
www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post6598 ... rs#p659898
post254302.html?hilit=multiple%20authors#p254302

The thing I noticed is that none of these suggestions had a reply from someone higher in the chain. Sure, the posters are or were moderators, but I'd like to hear from a developer if this is even a possible to manage feature.

Feel free to give your suggestions, opinions and criticism on this in a reply.
Zatharel
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart