Create a fictional religion inside minecraft.

Qtw's Avatar Qtw1/7/21 2:21 pm
2 emeralds 1.2k 5
1/7/2021 3:04 pm
Fiend's Avatar Fiend
firstly, not sure if this goes into this forum or a specific minecraft version...as it can work with both.

anyway.

basically create one or more fictional religions to apply to the world of minecraft.for fun and roleplay purposes.

just follow a few steps.

what god or gods does this religion worship?
what do they do?

what are the rules of the religion?
are there rules for handling certain items?
(an example would be to disallow planting carrots as they are evil, but eating them is fine for it destroys the carrot.)

what rituals do the faithful perform? both holidays and every day rituals are accepted.
sacrifice items to fire?
ritual feast?
purposly taking damage as a blood offering?

what are the holy buildings called and shaped like?
they can be useable as housing or just a struction that is a symbol. like a star shape as the holy symbol.

can't think of any more rules or suggestions at the moment.
if you have any ideas to suggest as a rule/creative advice please add it to the TOP of your post and i will likely add it as an edit if it hasnt been suggested before.

remember. this is for FUN only. do not make a mockery of real world religions. that means no taking a real world relions deity or prophet and makeing him/her look dumb.
Qtw
Level 21 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/07/2021 3:04 pm
Level 44 : Master Vampire
Fiend
Well I made this a long time ago---
But i made a religion around my Minecraft parrot who had died.

In the religion the worshipped god is called Sinya and is a dark blue parrot, there are also formless beings called the creators but they dont matter right now.

The god is pretty much an anarchist god and is like 'do as you please, kill players, steal, whatever feels right.'

The only rules are that 1. Parrots are not to be harmed, and 2.When a parrot dies its feather(s) will be given to the shrine of Sinya.

The faithful sacrifice seeds for hopes of less monsters.
gold for maintained health,
and live animals/players to the fires of the shrines for prosperity and luck.

Shrines do not have a definite shape but are usually made of quarts and have fire, next to shrines rests a tree made to look like a willow tree.

They have a blue parrot on their shields and around their houses
01/07/2021 2:34 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Modder
Notta
The Cult of the Cake, there is no god, there is no hell or heaven, only... Cake.

Followers of the Cake, have themselves The Guide of Cake (basically a cake cookbook) where they can make and soon consume cake to feed their hunger.

The followers seek the land of cake, a biome filled with nothing but cake because of this they do not stop to make a sanctuary for they are nothing but determine to find this land of pue Cake, that is their sanctuary.

The symbol they wear on their robes are of a Minecraft Cake.
01/07/2021 2:24 pmhistory
Level 44 : Master uwu
BaneKettu
For anyone who is creating a fictional religion:

I would highly suggest for you to study current world religions for your fictional religion. It will help your religion be more complex and interesting.
01/07/2021 2:25 pm
Level 21 : Expert Miner
Qtw
this thread is more meant to be a creative exercise for everyone. not just me.
01/07/2021 2:28 pm
Level 44 : Master uwu
BaneKettu
sorry, it was more of a suggestion for people creating one. I'll edit my message to be more clear.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome