Current contest question

1Salai's Avatar 1Salai5/15/13 11:31 am
5/15/2013 6:13 pm
1Salai's Avatar 1Salai
This has probably been answered but currently there are people who would like to use my custom map to place their hunger games build on. I am fine with this except if it nullifies me from entering as someone approached me to team and create a new terrain map.

I would obviously want credit for my work on the first map others use but don't want to be disqualified for wanting to make my own. Would this count as multiple entries? I am guessing that is not OK.
1Salai
Level 45 : Master Robot

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/15/2013 5:58 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Ahh, I had trouble with this the other day.
When you typed in the username in the recipient box there'll be a small window directly below it so you can select the user.

(NOT SURE if this was the exact problem you were having)
05/15/2013 6:13 pm
1Salai
Nope, i would enter there, and when I pushed submit or send don't remember what button it is it reverted to a blank area where username was and gave me the error. Thanks for trying to help

I do have adblock and some other extensions for chrome that help with ads, so I'm thinking that may be the problem.
05/15/2013 5:46 pm
GrizzlyAmish
We can't keep track of forum posts. I was lucky enough to see this on the "Last 20 Posts" ticker.
It's advised that you (as well as other users) PM the site moderators. Since this is related to the contest then it would also be appropriate to PM one (or couple) of the members of the judge team. If they had questions then they could bring it up to the moderators as well.
05/15/2013 5:48 pm
1Salai
No problem, I tried to do just that from the contest page earlier but every time I went to send it, I was told there was no recipient, [even when manually copying and pasting the name] I will do this next time from another pc
05/15/2013 5:34 pm
1Salai
sounds good, I will let the person know who wanted to use it. I appreciate a moderator getting back to me. What would have been a better approach for me to use with answering this question?
05/15/2013 5:29 pm
GrizzlyAmish
I'm not a judge for the contest.

However, I strongly advise that they don't use your map if you plan to enter the contest. That team should build all of the content for their own contest submission.

(Hopefully a judge/planner chimes in soonish)
05/15/2013 5:11 pm
1Salai
I would want credit for the work I did on my map though, just links to my page & utube.
Would this be ok or be as if I was their partner?
05/15/2013 4:15 pm
1Salai
Thats what I would think, but it states players should not use models or past projects?
05/15/2013 2:50 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
ToastyDesigns
It shouldn't, as you are not the one uploading the actual map from your custom terrain.

~Toasty
05/15/2013 2:21 pm
1Salai
Bump, sorry I really need an answer and am unaware of another way to find it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome