Datapack Tab

Devi The Panda's Avatar Devi The Panda10/21/18 1:04 pm
10/23/2018 2:44 pm
Devi The Panda's Avatar Devi The Panda
So does anyone remember awhile back in (I believe) 1.10 or 1.12 when PMC announced that they'd be adding Datapacks to the website for 1.13? What ever happened to this addition? It's kind of confusing to have them in the Mods tab.

Anyone have any information on where or when this might be added, if it will even?
Devi The Panda
Level 41 : Master System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/23/2018 2:17 pmhistory
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
A section dedicated to Datapacks will be added. I agree, that they deserve their own section, categories & filters. I'm currently developing a different system that will help the community in many ways including understanding, using and creating datapacks. Datapacks will be the next content section. It's hard to say when but ideally months ago, realistically, in 1-2 months depending on too many factors to list.

Have suggestions for the Datapack categories? Potential filters?
10/23/2018 2:44 pm
Devi The Panda
Possibly filters for "Bosses", "PVP", "Items", "Tools" such as map building tools? If I think of anymore I'll either update this or reply again.
10/22/2018 6:38 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
What's confusing about having them in the Mods section? They are game modifications that need implemented server-side to work in SMP so it seems fitting that they would be in the Mods section.
10/22/2018 2:32 pm
Devi The Panda
Because they are not truly the "Mods" we all know of. Datapacks are json packs that work alongside the game without Forge modloader or any type of extras and can be used on a server without having third party players installing the same thing.

A mod can have several things that Minecraft doesn't have in it while a Datapack changes the game using whatever it has. Though you can add things to the game, it's vary limited compared to a Mod that has to have Forge or other source of Modloader installed.

That being said, it is confusing. If you have a tab for them it'd be easier for community members/players to find datapacks instead of surfing through the many Mods that are already posted. You also wouldn't need to have to put "datapack" in the name since you'd already know that what you're looking at is indeed a datapack.
10/22/2018 4:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
Those are very valid arguments. I tend to play pure vanilla so it seems fitting to me that it would be in mods but I see what you're saying and it does seem like enough of a difference to warrant its own section.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome