forum Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Discussion

Do Guns Kill People?

37 emeralds218 replies2,158 views
created 04/25/2019 7:31 pm by AgentShield233
last reply 05/12/2019 7:59 pm
I don't know about other countries, but the USA has and is having big problems with Guns.

"Ban! Guns! Ban! GUNS!" Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police.

Guns kill people? People kill people. A gun can't shoot unless something pulls a trigger. a Gun is a device that shoots a projectile, Bullets are the projectile. If we don't have guns how will we defend ourselves from people who attack us?

Please think about this, Don't Ban guns.

In the Bill of rights, the second amendment
clearly says

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment below, ask Question. Share opinions. Well I gtg, please Don't ban Guns. :)

Posted by avatar
AgentShield233
Level 22 : Expert Engineer

comment Login or register to post a reply.

218 replies

05/11/2019 10:44 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
ThermoNuclear
This is way too vague,
Cars do not drive drunk, people do, pencils do not make mistakes, the people using them do, spoons do not make you fat unless you choose to eat unhealthy, thats sounds very anorexic, spoons were not made for making people fat, they were made for us to eat liquidy foods, cars were not made to be driven whilst being drunk, they were made to make transport faster, pencils have erasers to destroy OUR mistakes, its not really the guns fault, the cars fault, the spoons fault, or the pencils fault, we choose how to use our devices.
05/10/2019 4:12 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
GoggleD0GG
You should be allowed to own most guns after a background check and occasional mental health evaluation.

It's not evil people who kill. It is broken people. When there's a mass shooting, I always hear, "Why couldn't they have just gotten help for their problems!?" Would you say that about someone taking their own life? No. Why? Because it's hard to get help-it took me all the courage I had to seek therapy for my destructive thoughts. We need to support those who feel homicidal urges and encourage them to get help.
05/10/2019 10:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Geek
Cardinal System
Well, you have presented a single argument from a much larger debate. It is always dangerous to bring up controversial issues when you do not understand both perspectives, or do not posses a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the facts.

Yes, it is true, guns do not kill people. This is an undeniable fact. However, proving this single argument will not change leftist ideals. They are currently riding the recent trend of school shootings to push their agenda, which indeed is an issue that needs addressed. Both parties have acknowledged this. The controversy arises when we discuss how to solve the issue.

Conservatives (generally speaking) are well aware that disarming citizens is the first step in establishing a government dictatorship - this was one of Hitler's strategies. Liberals (again, generally) believe that the only solution to the problem is disarming citizens. Again, both sides present valid concerns, and school shootings are not going to stop themselves. What we need to do is set aside prejudices and work to compromise. After all, this great nation was founded on compromise...
05/12/2019 7:59 pm
AgentShield233
INteresting
05/10/2019 10:00 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
PeanutBudder__
guns don't kill people, people kill people. it's ironic that no matter how civil we try to be, were still animals on the inside. Humans are nothing more then advanced animals who got rid of any other threat and have each other to face. Guns and any other weapon are nothing more than a way to use against one another. so are bows, spears, axes, or any other object that inflict harm, they're to benefit us against us
05/10/2019 11:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
braintard
no bro its the bullets
hahahahahah im so funny and smart :sunglasses:
05/10/2019 9:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Wildcard_Gamer
no, robbers do, sound of the police, woo woo
05/10/2019 4:49 pm
AgentShield233
Cool stuff and important
05/02/2019 2:00 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Nocturn_Adrift
"I don't support bow control because I need to defend my village from raids."
05/01/2019 7:45 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
ThermoNuclear
Guns are made for killing, who knew they would be used to kill eachother.
Anyways, spoons don't make us fat unless you decide to, and pencils can Erase mistakes, and cars don't drive themselves, drunk driving is a choice.

Its all a choice, Killing with a gun, Getting fat from eating too much with a spoon, and not using your eraser, or making too many mistakes with the pencil.

Guns kill people, they were meant to kill. Banning guns would be a big problems, but this stuff right here is pretty flawed.
05/01/2019 6:26 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Princess
Kirigiri
I live in the UK so I don't know how much right I have to comment on this but from a British standpoint, we banned firearms after the Dunblane mass shooting in 1996 where 16 children were killed and we haven't had a single school shooting since. I respect the fact that Americans have the right to bear arms its the second amendment but "The Fifth Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution declare that governments cannot deprive any person of "life,liberty, or property" without due process of law."and mass shootings are a direct conflict with that law revoking INNOCENT peoples right to live a free and happy life or live a life at all.

twenty years on from columbine where 13 people were killed, America roughly sees one mass shooting per day and since 2009 has had 299 school shootings counting mass shootings in general. Now I don't know if banning guns will fix everything but it certainly seems like a start. Technically no guns don't kill people but a gun is not a: spoon (utensil for eating) pencil (utensil for writing) or a car (mode of transport) it is a weapon. In Las Vegas in October 2017, a gunman killed 58 people and wounded hundreds more.

" In June 2016, a gunman in Orlando, Florida, killed 49 people and wounded dozens more at a gay nightclub."
and if you look at the graph you will see that since 9/11 more us citizens have been killed by guns than terrorism. In conclusion, no guns technically don't kill people by themselves but they do kill people when someone picks one up and starts shooting people.

05/10/2019 10:42 pm
Cardinal System
A valid argument, something to consider.

I should point out, however, that CNN is not a reliable source of information. It is extremely polarized and is known to censor or misrepresent information.
05/10/2019 10:52 pm
Kirigiri
true but CNN isn't the only site, and tbh you don't even need graphs or websites, you can see it on the news in England we get stabbings and acid attacks but in America, gun crime is all over the news. I'm not really pro or anti-gun because I see the valid argument in both sides of the situation.
05/10/2019 11:02 pm
Cardinal System
Right, I understand what you are saying. I am just trying to point out that, in this day and age, most news organizations are known to be inaccurate in their reporting (usually because of polarization). But your point is still valid.
05/01/2019 6:50 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Robot
Nitrox Nova
in other news, fatal stabbings in the uk are at an all time high!
luckily the uk police are on the job, once they confiscate all the screwdrivers and scissors, England will surely be safe.
05/01/2019 7:07 pm
Kirigiri
I'm not saying that confiscating the guns is an answer the UK has a stabbing/knife crime problem and it doesn't help that London mayor has stopped random stop and searches because he is concerned that it will offend people.
05/10/2019 4:07 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
PyroSimba
Random stop and searches are a violation of rights and privacy and won't do anything to stop crime.
05/10/2019 4:22 pm
Kirigiri
not necessarily, because you do a random stop and search and what if you find a gun or a knife in the bag you've just stopped and searched
05/01/2019 11:28 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
romling
knife wounds are easier to avoid and easier to recover from, if you get shot you're a goner.
05/02/2019 12:09 am
PyroSimba
Not true at all. The average human has a 30-40% chance of surviving a gunshot wound compared to <10% of surviving a stab wound. Studies also show that homicide rates didn't decrease because of gun bans. People who want to kill will kill regardless of weapon availability and anyone who understands CSI can tell you that it's very difficult to track non-gun related murder. Also, a ban on guns wouldn't work as people would just shift to using illegally bought weapons (see Australia).
05/02/2019 10:31 am
AgentShield233
Thank you, and he's right Knife wounds are more deadly.
05/01/2019 9:37 pm
AgentShield233
Wow this is big!
05/01/2019 9:40 pm
Kirigiri
sorry i got a bit carried away
05/01/2019 10:51 pm
AgentShield233
No I love the Comments and people who care about the world and these people.
05/02/2019 1:58 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Nocturn_Adrift
>BBC
>CNN

Questioning the validity of these sources. These organizations are a bit infamous on the accuracy of their reporting at this time.
05/01/2019 2:43 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
MaxTheRaven
I live in Europe, I used to take part in bullseye pistol competitions and have a passion for historical firearms, I don't go hunting neither am I a supporter of killing animals but I believe the right to bear small arms (with background checks and proper training) is something that shouldn't even be a question.

Unfortunately most people who regulate firearms and create firearm laws are uneducated people that make laws based on how scary something is or looks or they actively want people to have no means of defending themselves.

To anyone that thinks that firearms are dangerous, before you even say a word, learn about the technical side of firearms and look up crime statistics and facts before you talk and do even more damage to society. (And also stop listening to News reporters and celebrities for political advice, and while you are at it stop watching tv in general and be active lol kbye)
05/01/2019 4:29 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake
EndPlayz
I get your point, but I want to say this:

If you ban guns, less people will be shot, and thus less deaths, because it's way harder to get any form of gun. And yes, it is the person who pulls the trigger, but you can't know that untill it's too late and people have already been massively injured or killed.

"Prevention is better than curing" and to prevent people shooting others, remove the tool.

Yes, people will lose 1 freedom, but do you think that freedom is worth hundreds, maybe even thousands of (young) people in the US alone?

If you ban guns you can at least be sure that the people who whould have pulled the trigger, can't do it, that way you can help them without so many people dying.
05/01/2019 6:06 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Tobyhn
The main problem with that logic is that most of the people killing other people are using illegal guns. If you take away legal guns, the only people using guns will be criminals and the government. It may be slightly harder for a criminal to acquire a gun, but they could still get them in one of the same ways they did before. Illegally. Crime rates would most likely spike, as robbing someone's house just became a lot easier. Therefore, you have endangered every non-criminal in the country.
05/02/2019 12:10 am
PyroSimba
It's not even that hard to buy illegal guns. There used to be an illegal arms dealer just a block away from my school. He sold guns to kids.
05/01/2019 6:37 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Makaneek
people won't die less if you ban guns. murderers could still use knives or black market guns.
05/02/2019 10:44 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
tom-116
For a single killing, yes. But how often do you hear of dozens of deaths due to a stabbing spree? It wouldn't decrease the number of people who kill, but it would reduce the amount of deaths.

If Americans want to hold on to their right to carry a gun, they can, but why not at *least* ban some of the more dangerous ones. Just looking at the laws, it's currently legal to have a Colt AR-15 in the US. When exactly would one need that, where a pistol wouldn't suffice? The only answer that comes to mind is when you want to kill a lot of people quickly.
05/10/2019 4:12 pm
PyroSimba
You are clearly getting a lot of your info from leftist media. AR-15s are semi automatic, just like most pistols. It is not in any way similar to military grade weapons (U.S. military uses the M4A4) and is actually a consumer grade sporting rifle. The majority of gun homicides and mass shootings are carried out using pistols (they're easy to conceal in crowded areas). And about your stabbing spree question, look no further than the UK right now.
05/02/2019 12:22 pm
Makaneek
fully automatic weapons are already pretty much illegal. and pistols ARE semi automatic, just like the colt AR-15 is.
05/02/2019 3:03 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Cake
EndPlayz
Well ok, this is for everyone below my reply (in this part of the comments)

If you look at the facts, the US has a VERY high homicide rate for a modernised nation, and is (I'm pretty sure) the only modernised nation with the rights to own a gun without permit. I think that sais enough about the fact that banning anyone from using a gun would at least drop the homicide rate)
05/01/2019 6:35 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
MaxTheRaven
Nobody who wants to commit a crime get's a background check done and registers a gun at a gun store, buying a gun illegally without having it trace to your name is really really easy so no, deaths won't go down.
05/01/2019 6:07 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cowboy
PeterMxrphy
You CANNOT ban guns without somebody using them. I think the general idea of "guns kill people" is just stupid. I cannot stand those politicians who have no favor of what the founding fathers wrote.
05/01/2019 4:52 am
Meerkat101
Live in Scotland, only guns are for idiots that shoot wildlife, so life is much more peaceful. Sure there has been incidents and some areas of Scotland are more rough (ie knife crime)than others but mostly it is the nicest Country you can live in. Plus it does not rain all the time!
05/01/2019 2:52 pm
Level 25 : Expert Nerd
OverIord
an anti-hunter...
do you not know that hunters keep the population of the game steady?
05/01/2019 6:40 pm
Makaneek
true. otherwise the side of the road would be littered with dead animals. Most can agree that this would be bad.
05/01/2019 4:24 am
topthat177
I have so much to say on both sides of this I couldn't be bothered to type it all out. All I will say is it was the best decision the Australian Government EVER made was to restrict gun laws in the way they did.

I rarely ever feel unsafe here without a gun, if you want to own guns in AUS you can and its not too difficult. You just need a good reason and you need to be of sane mind. Not "ohhh someone 'might' come into my home and my first response will be to shoot his face off."

America definetly has a problem. I don't have the solution for that problem. I also don't think a straight ban, "hand in ya guns now bois" is the answer either.

The real problem is that you all feel so unsafe in your own country that you feel compelled to need a gun in order to protect yourself. In australia, its quite rare that your average home invader will have a gun so if you pick up a stick or know self defense your on a level playing field. Also you are less likely to kill them while defending yourself. Because there are only a few certain types of people who deserve the death penalty and your average Jo I have described here isnt one of them.

Feel free to comment on what I've said. I'm happy to answer.
04/30/2019 2:07 pm
Level 43 : Master Tiger
Tigahz
Since Australia banned guns, there has not been a single public shooting.

You can either let children die, with no true reaction from the US Senate, or you can ban them like every single other rational country.
05/01/2019 3:03 am
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
Tremex
There has only been 10 mass shootings throughout Australia's history so even if there wasn't any after the guns ban, it really wouldn't say much. 2 of those mass shootings however, occurred after the gun ban!
05/01/2019 2:39 pm
Level 43 : Master Tiger
Tigahz
Ah, but people still die. You can never stop people from using guns, but you can remove the weapon they use. You say you want guns, yet merely this morning, I heard on the radio that yet another shooting had occurred in the US. If you want children to stop dying - then your government should intervene and be rational - by banning the use of guns like nearly every single other country. This would also coincide with lower homicide rate in the country.
04/30/2019 11:26 pm
AgentShield233
thank you for saying this. some stuff to think about
04/30/2019 9:09 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
HDNW1488
People kill people! Guns and ammution don't kill on their own! REPEAL THE NFA. KEEP THE 2ND AMMENDMENT
05/01/2019 11:30 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
romling
educate your citizens then, maybe you'll stop pumping out mass murderers
05/02/2019 11:03 pm
HDNW1488
The government doesn't care about people
05/02/2019 11:02 pm
HDNW1488
People kill people, you brits and sjws will ban knives next
05/10/2019 4:14 pm
PyroSimba
They already did lol
05/10/2019 11:25 pm
HDNW1488
then they will ban forks! If the 2nd ammendment is gone the 1st will be next!

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome