Does anyone know how pillager/ravager spawning works?

Matt_the_Viking's Avatar Matt_the_Viking1/15/20 8:04 am
2 emeralds 3.1k 2
1/16/2020 3:51 am
Matt_the_Viking's Avatar Matt_the_Viking
I'm asking because I am considering trying to build a city in my survival world, populate it with kidn... *ahem* ... relocated villagers from the villages I've found and using it as my centre of operations for the rest of the game. However I am worried if I make it too big then if there's a raid I'm worried they'll be spawning inside the walls which I really don't want to happen. Is this possible? If so does anyone know how the game works out the boundaries of a village and how big I could afford to go?
Matt_the_Viking
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/15/2020 8:00 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
The raid mobs always spawn 0-1024 blocks from the village. Therefore they can spawn inside your base.
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Raid#Raid_group
01/16/2020 3:51 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
Matt_the_Viking
Thanks. I wonder is that 0-1024 blocks from the village centre or from the edge? It doesn't seem to say in the wiki there but my guess is it would be the edge as I don't think I've noticed them spawning inside the village during a raid before. If it's from the edge of the village then I could make sure they're spawning outside by making sure the edge of the village is outside the base, right?

From the wiki on village mechanics: "The village size is a rectangle 32 blocks from the village center or 32 blocks from points of interest away from the center. A point of interest is any bed, bell, or job site block. The village center is typically the northwest corner of the village bell, or one of the claimed beds if there is no bell. The smallest rectangular size is 64×64 blocks"

If I'm reading that correctly, and the spawning is from the village edge and not the center, then it seems like they will never spawn within 32 blocks of a bell, bed or job site block that's within the village i.e. if I ensure is at least one of those every 32 blocks up to the edge of my base then they will never spawn inside. Am I right?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome