EVERY SINGLE MOD ON PMC HAS BEEN STOLEN!!!

Borisr55's Avatar Borisr559/17/11 10:13 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 72
9/23/2011 3:19 pm
spoonodeath's Avatar spoonodeath
This website steals every single mod that has been posted on PMC and takes FULL CREDIT even posting an ORIGINAL download link from MEDIAFIRE!!!

Can I sue him?

and when I say every i mean every

http://hacks.games-offline.com/chicken- ... craft-173/
THATS MY MOD >:C

and heres some popular mightypork mods

http://hacks.games-offline.com/icarus-f ... craft-173/

LIKE WTF???

is that legal?
Borisr55
Level 48 : Master Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/23/2011 3:19 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Professor
spoonodeath
Someone #Cyprezz
09/21/2011 3:16 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Modder
Pyrius
h
09/21/2011 2:38 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Modder
blockman22
They got my moddddddd
09/21/2011 2:18 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Nxl8
I made a mod and uploaded it here so not every mod is stolen
09/18/2011 8:08 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
Not every mod. Some mods that are on Planet Minecraft I couldn't find on that website.
09/18/2011 8:21 pm
Borisr55
no EVERYONE OF THEM...

which ones you coudln't find... you can search tags on the top right of this evil website
09/18/2011 7:25 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
ProjectCraft
I agree with Zeranny. If you "bring down" his website, MCJJH, that could harm PlanetMinecraft. Indeed the owner of the site stole mods however if you bring down his whole site...well that's not fair play and he at that point could technically sue you or PMC for that matter because not everything on his site is stolen (or at least I think). Just contact his email and nicely state that he should bring down those stolen materials and he will most likely bring it down because he does not want to put himself in any kind of trouble.
09/18/2011 7:10 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Elf
TheRealMozzie0610
zeranny i have a better idea...use this:
09/18/2011 7:07 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Turtle
McJJH
Message me if I should bring the site down, Or replace it with some... stuff... that boys like :3
09/18/2011 7:13 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny

No illegal stuff, kthx.
09/18/2011 6:59 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Oh no, use the
09/18/2011 6:07 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
"Hey guys, lets do some illegal shit to a website and plan it all here on a publicly view-able website. "

Its people like you who make my job so much easier.
09/18/2011 5:16 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Professor
spoonodeath
I am now your eternal monkey demon from hell!

09/18/2011 5:10 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
ProjectCraft
The only time you really should sue someone off of video game submissions is if they take money off of it. If they basically ask for the person to donate because of all those submissions they stole, then that is a VERY good reason to sue them because that money is rightfully the owner's. However there is indeed no point to waste money on buying a copyright or suing people over a video game submission and even if you do you need Mojang's consent because you can't make money off of Minecraft when they are the ones that created it, so you don't want to waste time doing all of that. Like SoulStealer said, ask them to take it down, and if they refuse well then that's when you should start threatening them.
09/18/2011 7:53 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Technomancer
I_Modz_Codz
Yeah but all of PLanetMinecraft is copyrighted if you look at the bottom of the pageon the mods section AND me and i think alot of other modders copyrighted their mods too and stealing someothing thats copyrighted IS illegall and CAN get sued
09/21/2011 3:18 am
Level 37 : Artisan Dragon
carvine1
copyrighting requires you to have registered the thing.. in that case did any of the modders buy their protection or at least be registered to be able to copyright. i know PMC probably has but i think they can get the mod and claim it as thiers since it isnt copyrighted... oh wait i might have gotten it wrong... is PMC's copyright to protect any content on the website. i think that is the case so i think all the mods are protected
09/21/2011 2:10 pm
Borisr55
actually EVERY MOD on PMC is COPYRIGHTED TO THE OWNERS
it says on the bottom left of the homepage!

© 2011 PlanetMineCraft.com. All rights reserved. All creations copyright of the creators.
09/18/2011 7:58 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Turtle
McJJH
Agreed ;3
09/18/2011 5:02 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
shampow1
hey is one person really stealing every mod?
09/18/2011 2:17 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
In all seriousness now, this happens. Look at YouTube for example, about a year ago they removed the "embed" option next to a video to stop other sites grabbing it, now they've added licenses so that if a video is found on an external site without the users permission they can be taken to court and the site/video removed.

I know Cyprezz will do all he can to resolve it this time but this will happen again and again, I suggest Cyprezz removes the embed option from the site, that way they will have to link to the original page rather than copy and paste some code which they can then pass as their own
09/18/2011 2:10 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
huebearsong
Not all of the mods are stolen, only a couple. I know because i search a lot of mods that i dont think they created.
09/18/2011 4:57 pm
Borisr55
no all of them are, and in order....
09/18/2011 2:28 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Vd2
Every one is.....
09/18/2011 2:10 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
BobbyZam
The Guy who uploads it and take credit is Khanhvan
09/18/2011 1:57 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster uwu
dagothagahnim
this sort of thing happens ALOT. I've found my texture packs and skins on several other sites with others taking credit for them. I've gotten most of them removed, and even got $200 in damages against a guy hosting my zelda texpak through adfly and making money off of it.
09/18/2011 1:49 pm
Borisr55
I think the best thing we could do is spam the email

fancy1594@yahoo.com

EVERYONE WRITE A QUICK EMAIL INCLUDING, ""DO YOU WANT A LAW SUIT"*

*just to scare him
09/18/2011 1:41 pm
Vd2
I just emailed the people who host that website.... hopefully ill get some feedback.
09/18/2011 1:40 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
I can make a file that, when opened, deletes Windows completely and erases all files..

Just saying.. Here if you need me for illegal stuffs, I seem to excel in that area
09/18/2011 6:54 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
HypnoChicken
I gotta virus called A-BOMB, It is similar.. I think we are hacking buddies xD
09/18/2011 1:34 pm
TheRealMozzie0610
lets just spam his website!!!!
09/18/2011 1:33 pm
Vd2
What the fuck....... ill happily help you get this bastard? What can I do to help?
09/18/2011 1:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ian_pw010
if you guys really want it to go down i can help
maybe a DDOS attack is good?
but first research and stuff like that lol
wo wanna help pb me
09/18/2011 1:10 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
SafetyMoose
xoxHOODR4TxoxI think its time to get a team of PMC hackers and take down his cheating site!

yes, lets do something illegal to combat something else that is illegal....

trust me, i have been involved in a hacking investigation, its not a pretty thing to be involved in these days, especially if you live in the US, Canada or the UK

Dammit!
09/18/2011 12:30 pm
TheRealMozzie0610
xoxhoodr4txox..i agree..BRING ON THE HACKERS!!!!
09/18/2011 12:05 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Baconator
xoxHOODR4Txox
I think its time to get a team of PMC hackers and take down his cheating site!
09/18/2011 12:36 pm
esoomytefasgone
yes, lets do something illegal to combat something else that is illegal....

trust me, i have been involved in a hacking investigation, its not a pretty thing to be involved in these days, especially if you live in the US, Canada or the UK
09/18/2011 11:39 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
sueing for copyright infringement: read my blog about it, but yes, you CAN get money for it. if you have a smart lawyer, they would recommend a class-action suit, so that all people who have been stolen from will get some money (so long as they join in the suit.)

HOWEVER: before that happens, every single mod on PMC would need to be verified to be original (nobody's posted any stolen content,) someone would have to have the money to hire a lawyer (minimum of probably $1500 retainer) and a letter would need to be sent to the owner of the other website, threatening legal action if the mods aren't removed immediately.

Which, if they willingly do it, means the person who paid the retainer to the lawyer is out $1500, and nobody gets a dime.

So... my suggestion? Find a different way to get satisfaction, that won't cost anyone anything. Because in all likelihood, the guy hosting the website wouldn't have any sort of money to pay out even if you all DID successfully sue him.
09/18/2011 10:50 am
Borisr55
what we need to do is post a mod with a disclamer that if this mod is posted somewhere other than PMC the website that posts it WILL be sued
09/18/2011 4:34 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
killerinminecraft
hatred will fuel victory of suing them
so we must gather all modders that their mods have been victimed
and let us sue the humans who is responsible for this
and did you know that lkinx's paintball gun mod has been stolen and it said
that he will sue the guy who tries to steal his mod
09/18/2011 4:35 am
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
killerinminecraft
dang! even cyprezz's texture packs have been stolen!
09/18/2011 4:06 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
HypnoChicken
Ok I am not posting anymore mods until this shit is over.
09/18/2011 4:03 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
On the copyright subject,what about on the minecraft forums?
All of the bigg-ish mods have the copyright text near the bottom e.g (More creeps)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Zoom in to see it,didn't want to make a huge text cover the entire post.
*HINT* Add a spoiler button? *HINT*
09/18/2011 2:52 am
Level 32 : Artisan Musician
Mr. Barrelroll
Is it just mods being stolen here? Either way, we should probably let Cyprezz try to sort this out.
09/18/2011 10:51 am
Borisr55
everything is being stolen

CYPREZZ READ THIS!
09/18/2011 2:51 am
Level 44 : Master Ninja
HakkeKoshu
Honestly if you didnt pay 40 (or 1 if you know how to) bucks to copyright your stuff to the government or whatever,you just have to deal with that site.
Or send some DDOS attacks to it.
09/18/2011 2:54 am
esoomytefasgone
You dont need to pay to copyright something, It is owned by you the moment it is created. Now, what you can pay for is a legal log of the copyright making it easier to prove ownership.
09/18/2011 2:44 am
esoomytefasgone
mfw 3/4 of this thread is 12 and has no idea how the legal system works....

09/18/2011 2:27 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
r2fart2
sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em sue em SUE EM!
09/18/2011 2:15 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
xXShadowLycanXx
it is the same guy on all the stolen mods khavan or something!!!!!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome