Featured Images

inHaze7/13/11 9:20 pm
1 emeralds 168 4
7/14/2011 9:05 pm
Zaralith
So I was wondering...am I the only one that can't stand it when people use non Minecraft related pics to use for there submissions featured image?

I have no problem with people that want to put other images as a reference or something for people to see, but to use them as the featured images just doesn't seem right. I would love to hear how others feel about this. Do you really like those "coming soon" image, or other random pic projects or do you think they are a waste of space?
Posted by avatar
inHaze
Retired Moderator
Level 97 : Overlord Terraformer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/14/2011 9:05 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Zaralith avatar
If a person posts pictures and images that are not minecraft related or are not specifically crafted logos for whatever they are posting, we try to have them remove the images in favor of posting actual screenshots, especially in the cases where there are no screenshots, the submission is taken down and changes are demanded before the submission is restored. Personally, submissions with a real image as opposed to a minecraft image are much more likely for me to look into them for moderation or removal.
07/13/2011 9:32 pm
Level 97 : Overlord Terraformer
inHaze
inHaze avatar
I'm not sure how you would go about fixing it, I couldn't even find anything in the rules that said what you can and can't use, so I would assume some people think anything goes. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in feeling this way.
07/13/2011 9:28 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
SoulStealer avatar
I think the coming soon images are fine , But It annoys me when people make a texture pack , project or server with a real life picture of them as the featured image ...

If your going to post a real life picture of yourself , put it as your Avatar.
07/13/2011 9:22 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
kacboy avatar
I dislike it, but what can we do about it. If it annoys you that much, just report it and we can straighten them out.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2022
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome