Fixing submission statistics

BrokenTactics's Avatar BrokenTactics6/27/11 7:47 pm
1 emeralds 356 8
7/16/2011 9:05 pm
Boomer's Avatar Boomer
Instead of the
xxx Views, xx today
xxx Downloads, xx today

showing the last 24 hours, I think the stats should be based on how many downloads/views since midnight.
BrokenTactics
Level 47 : Master Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/16/2011 12:27 pm
BrokenTactics
Cyprezz
I think it would be more interesting to see the graph based on daily views rather than accumulative. That way, you'd see it rise and fall from day to day.

Yes, I completely agree with you.
07/14/2011 1:03 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
Like the Steam "Online now" graph, which is interesting to see when things break.
07/13/2011 4:58 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
I like graphs... graphs make math pretty.
07/16/2011 9:05 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
Thats why graphs were invented, to make math/statistics pretty.... well maybe not, but could you imagine if we always only used text and no graphs for statistics?
07/13/2011 10:15 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
I can generate the line graph(s) above. It wouldn't have the A,B,C markers for significant events but it would be a pretty graph.

I think it would be more interesting to see the graph based on daily views rather than accumulative. That way, you'd see it rise and fall from day to day.
07/07/2011 7:35 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Boomer
That looks like the details screen of youtube...... I know someone from my senior project class used.... can't remember what it was... digitabs or something that gave a very nice bar/line/pie graph of the statistics of computers from the graphic design labs on the college I went to. One of the pages had the graph update itself every minute and it even updated which was interesting to watch.
06/27/2011 8:46 pm
BrokenTactics
For #1, I would assume players would then each have their own time zone changeable in the "My account" screen.

Even if you don't change they way the views/downloads statistics work, Could you possibly change "today" to "Last 24 hours?"

On a random side-note, would having a chart showing statistics be plausible? Like the one YouTube has. [attachment=0]<attachment unavailable>[/attachment]
06/27/2011 8:08 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
I respectfully disagree. For 2 main reasons:
1) PMC is global. 181 countries spread out over every timezone. Choosing one timezone doesn't seem right.
2) Having it based on past 24 hours allows submissions to gradually rise and fall rather than all of a sudden everything is reset. One minute a submission has 523 views for today, the next it would be 0.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome