Frivolous Reporting

mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole8/31/11 7:51 am
8/31/2011 7:58 am
Happybandaid's Avatar Happybandaid
One of the most frequently reported offense is generally "bad language" which has been dealt with by the wonderful Cyprezz, who recently added a profanity filter to the site. YAY!

However there have been SO MANY reports lately, and some of them are as silly as "bad use of grammar" (we're not editors here) and "post doesn't make any sense" (you're probably right, but how does that break rules?)

There has been a huge surge of people reporting, which would be fabulous help to the moderators IF we didn't have to fight through a whole slew of pointless reports. This is the reason that many reports do NOT get dealt with!

The mods are thrilled that so many people have read and understood the rules, but please be aware that unless the issue is serious (for example: a threatening post, links to virused websites or illegal software, etc) it probably won't be on the top of our list of priorities, if it hits the list at all. Thanks.
mommaCarole
Retired Moderator
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch