Am I going insane?

RadiantGaming's Avatar RadiantGaming9/28/15 10:34 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 57
9/29/2015 5:38 pm
funny bunny's Avatar funny bunny
Hi. So I think I'm going insane.

So recently, I realised I might be going insane. From a really young age, I've always talked to myself and other stuff in my head but I'm not gonna talk about it. I also realised that recently, I've become a lot more touchy and aggressive. I've also been having some suicidal thoughts. So what do you guys think?
RadiantGaming
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/29/2015 5:38 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
You're not going insane. I have the same problem, if you start to lose emotions then you are a psychopath. Nothing wrong with that, it's just hard for us to communicate our feelings/feel for other people. I wouldn't worry.

If it IS depression, talk to your parents. Nothing we can do here.
09/29/2015 3:45 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
there is nothing wrong with going mad, being insane is great

if you are having mental issues and/or disturbing thoughts go speak to a professionally train psychiatrist not a forum full of minecraft players he/she will know a lot more than we all do
09/29/2015 1:57 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
FinalGirl
Oh and I agree with the people above who says you shouldn't share personal stuff here.
09/29/2015 1:54 pm
FinalGirl
Hey! You know first of all you're not the only one that talks to themselves we sometimes do too.. all do.. About your suicidal thoughts I suggest you try and talk to someone about it like your family doctor or theres many Communities where you could call and they could help you I know for sure you aren't going insane so take that out of your mind insane people are bad people and you aren't the only one being touchy and aggressive I am too so I know how you'd feel with it but its okay I promise their are many people who would accept who you are no matter what...people sometimes tell me that I'm touch and aggressive buts just who I am even if I tried to change myself ... The only reason ppl should change themselves is for the better... I probably ranted about stuff not related to your topic but I thought it might help... If you'd like to ask me anything do not hesitate please.
09/29/2015 12:37 pm
Level 40 : Master Cowboy
TwizZted_uP
You should really go see a doctor. I have a pal who has similar thoughts and everything's been fine since he went to see one.

Oh and, it isn't really a good idea to share this on PMC. Your family probably worries about you (because of your friend) and wants you to talk to them. I bet they're dead worried about you. Family is supposed to be there for you. Family is supposed to help you in hard times like this. If parents's children are hurt, they are hurting even more. You shouldn't let yourself (and your parents) down by not pouring your heart out to them.

Thanks,
Twisted
09/29/2015 12:29 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
RenegadeRad
Man, be cool and be energetic! I also have thoughts, I talk to myself (and those thoughts are actually of me brutally making my enemies non - existant) You are just depressed and lonely, make friends! I can be yours

I have PMd you!
09/29/2015 10:27 am
professor8337
That would explain it. Go and talk to some family members they will most likely know how you feel.
09/29/2015 11:44 am
RadiantGaming
Nah. I think I can deal with it myself. I'll just keep in mind, don't commit suicide I guess.
09/29/2015 2:47 am
RadiantGaming
Yeah, maybe I'm just depressed. TBH I lost my best friend recently, so yeah.
09/28/2015 9:18 pm
professor8337

RadiantGaming wrote:
Hi. So I think I'm going insane.

So recently, I realised I might be going insane. From a really young age, I've always talked to myself and other stuff in my head but I'm not gonna talk about it. I also realised that recently, I've become a lot more touchy and aggressive. I've also been having some suicidal thoughts. So what do you guys think?

Unless you are persuing a degree in computer science you are not going insane. Computer science majors are insane just look at me
09/28/2015 9:09 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
Lufuu
As a shicophrenic Suicidal teenager i can agree that hearing a voice or imagining a person is a sign of a mental disease. I have to take special meds for my condition and due to that i can avoid suicidal thoughts or fake people/voices. So i reccomend talking to your parents about seeing a doctor and getting some meds for this.
09/28/2015 9:07 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
UNDERTALE_CREW
You're fine, I create people to talk to all the time. But, the suicidal thoughts aren't as good. One thing of reassurance: many teenagers (if that's your age) have those thoughts but later realize that they were wrong and life is great. Talk to your parents and you should be okay.
09/28/2015 9:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
If you actually think you're insane, don't post on some Minecraft fan site, go talk to someone who cares about you in real life, and maybe a doctor. This is a serious thing not something to get hate over on PMC
09/28/2015 8:56 pm
fgrdfrgth
Don't think about suicidal... Talk about it to poeple you trust, a bit like you did... Some poeple surely will be able to help you, the proof, a bunch of poeple want to help you right now... Other stuff you can think about is what would you miss if you would do these bad decisions? Or even if you think about it, how much effort your parent have put for you to make you happy? If i'm rong about enything, don't be offensed by it plz... You can do all you want, tho, not suicidal... Evryone would be devastated in your familly... Its just a thing you need to power against because its the worst thing you could ever do to yourself...
09/28/2015 8:19 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pony
Starlight Glimmer
Ok I may be able to help:

I used to have suicidal thoughts, and occasionally still do. But here is what I do to keep myself from doing it:

I think how sad my family would be if I actually did do it, and I also think what fun things I can do the next day, such as play video games and watch my favourite shows, etc. That is how I powered through my suicidal thoughts.
09/28/2015 6:26 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
if you want to start youtubing then talking to yourself is good for commentary but go to work with your parents for a day and do that every so often
09/28/2015 6:00 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Cutie 2343
I don't think you're insane, I think you're just depressed, talk to your family. And don't share it with other people! I also create people in my mind to talk to, I like to talk to myself when I'm bored
09/28/2015 5:58 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
09/28/2015 5:26 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
I went through a phase similar to this where I was really depressed. Just focus on the positives in life, and you'll get through it. Talking to yourself is fine tho.
09/28/2015 5:12 pm
YottabyteTheByte
peobably caused by stress, get something that ameks u less stressed
09/28/2015 5:09 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
iixRose
Uhmmmm I think you might be a little sick? Or maybe you are depressed.
09/28/2015 3:20 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
c
09/28/2015 3:04 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I talk to myself and I'm not weird at all (djasdjcasddncaxf;asdc Imsoballer:P HA!), but suicide stuff... You should go to a psiholog. SERIOUSLY! You should, this is no joke stuff.
09/28/2015 2:40 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pokemon
GamingAleks
no it's normal.
09/28/2015 2:39 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I did some research and the only time your going insane is when the voices in your head is NOT yours.

Basicly when you can't talk with the voices or tell them to stop. Go to a doctor because then your insane.

Talking to yourself inside your head is very normal. Everyone does it. You know how a 2 year old kid just says what he's thinking? Yeah, they haven't learned to think before you speak, and that "Think before you speak" is actually the voice you hear in your head, and a fun fact: You know how there's a voice in your head reading this right now? That's normal, you're not insane! (If you want more details check this video by: Thoughty2, he explains it much better then I can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9pKSeXZFZc )

And suicide thoughts. Well there are many different, and I know that because I've been out there too. Now I helped myself through it with a simple mental trick. Smiling. This sounds like a stupid joke probably but next time you feel like you don't want to live, try as hard as you can to smile as wide as possible, and think of your family, freinds, or something you like.

If that dosen't really help, I have something that I read, and I would recommend you do too

Suicide
People who try to take their own life are often trying to get away from a situation that seems impossible to deal with. Many who attempt suicide are seeking relief from:

Feeling ashamed, guilty, or like a burden to others
Feeling like a victim
Feelings of rejection, loss, or loneliness

---

People who are at risk of suicidal behavior may not seek treatment for many reasons, including:

They believe nothing will help
They do not want to tell anyone they have problems
They think asking for help is a sign of weakness
They do not know where to go for help

---

I'm pretty sure you can relate to some of this. And it might help you to see that there are other people like you out there, and a lot of those people get through even though some of this have happend to them - And in case you want to read the whole thing: Here you go: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001554.htm

The Hope Line (If it gets worse)
If you are feeling suicidal now, please stop long enough to read this. It will only take about five minutes. I do not want to talk you out of your bad feelings. I am not a therapist or other mental health professional - only someone who knows what it is like to be in pain.

I don't know who you are, or why you are reading this page. I only know that for the moment, you're reading it, and that is good. I can assume that you are here because you are troubled and considering ending your life. If it were possible, I would prefer to be there with you at this moment, to sit with you and talk, face to face and heart to heart. But since that is not possible, we will have to make do with this.

(Read the rest of this here: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Now you might be wondering why I give you such a long post and spent about 20 minutes setting this up. That's because I care for people like you who are suicidal, and because I've been there too, and still go there when I fail my duty.

And have a nice day sir! Stay You!
09/28/2015 2:36 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc13774
[deleted]
09/28/2015 2:34 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
it's probably puberty, you go through stuff like that in it, so just don't follow the irrational impulses you're getting.
09/28/2015 1:59 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Suicidal thoughts aren't really bad, unless they make you hurt yourself, or others. And if you feel like You might be doing something bad, like killing yourself soon, STOP IT! Talk to someone that can help you and will help you make it through. Parents are maybe the most obvious persons ot talk to, because they will definatley help you. But if they know how you feel they might look at you like you were a freak for the rest of you life. But I'd recommend talking to a profesional, like a school curator or just a therapist. But school curators are free, at least in Sweden lol. But if you don't wanna talk to someone you don't know you should talk to your parents, even tho I don't suggest it, only as a last resort. And sometimes just talking to friends help
09/28/2015 1:37 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
Don't worry i do that all the time. Your not crazy
09/28/2015 12:36 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
The self-talk stuffs is pretty normal. I talk to myself all the time, but that's because I'm so charming and smart. (And humble!)
The aggresiveness isn't insaneness. Sounds more like puberty, but what do I know.
The suicideness, now that's a little more serious. Still doesn't mean you're going insane.

But whatever! I suggest you talk about this with people who actually know what they're talking about. I myself don't think you're goin' bonkers, but I'm not a psychologist. Talk about it with someone who knows about this stuff.
09/28/2015 12:30 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
If you think there's something wrong, you should talk to a doctor rather than trying to self-diagnose.
09/28/2015 2:18 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
09/28/2015 12:13 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
RadiantGamingHi. So I think I'm going insane.

TBH, no. Most people would talk to themselves a little bit, though they wouldnt have full blown conversations.

For "other stuff" I have no idea what you are talking about, so im just going to say odds are it is normal. The mind is a strange place.

"Touchy and Aggressive", that isn't "going insane". But maybe talk to someone about it and try and keep calm, avoid "lashing out" at people as much as possible.

Now, suicidal thoughts. Not the most normal thing, but also again, not the definition of insanity. As long as you aren't always thinking of your own death, like say its very rarely, then you are fine as long as you don't plan on ever actually living out these thoughts.

You aren't going insane. Ignore what anyone is saying about you "losing your mind". However, maybe talk to somebody about the aggressiveness and the suicidal thoughts.
09/28/2015 11:42 am
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
PMKat
Also, if you are feeling horrible enough to commit suicide legitimately, know that there will always be somebody there for you. Call the national suicide hotline. 1 (800) 273-8255 English and Spanish.
09/28/2015 11:40 am
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
PMKat
That first part isn't insane at all. I create little characters in my head and talk to them too sometimes. I even roleplay with myself. It's actually quite fun. ^-^
Anyways, that second part though, that's probably depression. Just always try to look on the bright side of things, no matter how hard it may seem. Being touchy isn't always bad. Just think of it as who you are. And sometimes it isn't always bad to be aggressive either, though it would probably be best if you tried shifting more towards passive-aggressive/ Sometimes you just have to look at certain things like they aren't that bad. You know what I mean?
09/28/2015 11:22 am
jiwu
I'm going through depression at the moment and what you're feeling is serious. If you feel like you want to kill yourself, go to a doctor immediately. Or schedule a Councillors appointment. People on planetminecraft can't console you because most of them are 15 and under. I do understand where you're coming from.... Please get help
09/28/2015 11:27 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
Good luck to both of you, but do not think about suicidal thoughts.

Think about this:
You know a lot of religions there are in the world? Whatever you believe, death won't do anything. What it is, is just total darkness. You won't feel anything and it's completely not worth it.

You can't get the stuff you've always wanted. First kiss, having a family, whatever. You won't be able to live life like you want it if you end it now.
09/28/2015 2:23 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
xXPuffinXx
Dark man. It may be true, but I'd quite like a mod to cut it out, lots of people need beliefs to stop them from being depressed and worried about death. And you never know, there could be a god and heaven, or maybe we re-incarnate. Find some evidence then I'll consider what you said
09/28/2015 2:37 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
for some reason, I'd prefer to not exist than have an afterlife when I die, but I don't want to die yet.
09/28/2015 2:28 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Vigri
Sorry. I do not know how to help with these type of situations and thought I was helping. Apparently not.
09/28/2015 11:21 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
i talk to my self to. i have no friends
forever alone..
i never had a good friend. ,_,

if you have sucidical thinking , just clean your mind with soap
09/28/2015 11:18 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NewSuperMario
It's pretty normal to talk to yourself in your head from what I know (I do it myself) so that's nothing to worry about

Oh, and I kind of create people in my head but they're usually only copies of myself xD
09/28/2015 12:40 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
I managed to create an entire city, of course a combination of many animes.
09/28/2015 1:38 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
ssproad
I have made worlds. In minutes.
09/28/2015 1:40 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
HeyItsPaul
minutes? I do it in seconds.

EDIT: Recently my school was attacked by titans xd
I fled to the nearest town xd

EDIT 2: Like I put myself into where my actual school is.
09/28/2015 11:16 am
Level 1 : New Network
Prisonnightmare
If your having suicidal thoughts just dont pursue them... Talk to someone if your depressed. As for talking to people in your head that you created who doesnt? XD I used to but then I kind of just stopped. His name was astronaught XD
09/28/2015 11:21 am
RadiantGaming
NewSuperMarioIt's pretty normal to talk to yourself in your head from what I know (I do it myself) so that's nothing to worry about

Oh, and I kind of create people in my head but they're usually only copies of myself xD

I love the gaming community, they always make me feel better <3
09/28/2015 11:04 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
Minecraft fox
yeah. and also insane is good sane is bad
09/28/2015 10:57 am
Level 37 : Artisan Explorer
TastyYoghurt
No, you're not going insane. There isn't really such thing as insane in the sense that you mean. There is such a thing as being mentally ill. What mentally ill people have in common, is that they feel really, really terrible in one way or another. If you don't feel really terrible very often, you are probably not going mentally ill. If you ever start feeling that way, talk to your family or your doctor. Don't talk to people on PMC forums.
09/28/2015 11:11 am
RadiantGaming
I dunno, the people here usually help me with these kind of problems. Like you just did.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome