How can a 14 year old make money to buy a Laptop?

DarkFadeLink's Avatar DarkFadeLink1/24/14 8:14 pm
1 emeralds 1.8k 17
1/25/2014 12:06 am
ImAnthony's Avatar ImAnthony
Hi. I need help making money... I am 14 years old and here's what I got so far: I have $127.5 Dollars right now and I need $500 before August 1st (my birthday) and i have made around 16$ this week and here's how i earned it... I just find cents in the house, The floor under the couch, drawers.. and sometimes on the school cafeteria... Here's what I plan to buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/probook-15- ... ifications
Also I can't work for my parents because I cut the grass & fertilize it and the plants and do the dishes and once I asked my father for money and he said: "Are you going to pay me for the water, electric blah blah blah Internet Bills?" I said no and went away... So if there is a way to make money online then please help me. I am not doing YouTube or going to other peoples backyards so if you got any recommendations please help me out
DarkFadeLink
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/25/2014 12:06 am
Level 26 : Expert Architect
ImAnthony
Make dat money!
01/24/2014 11:32 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Ironcross
bitcloudsolutionsDeleted

If I understand this correctly, and I probably don't (so please clarify), this would require OP to have lots of friends who play Minecraft, want to rent servers, but don't already have hosting services picked out.
Being optimistic (although I don't know OP or anything about his social life) this probably won't get him more than $30, unless he has hundreds of prospective server owner friends.

Also, it's kind of sleazy to advertise your business on PMC.
01/24/2014 10:54 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
DarkFadeLinkIts true
dooly123jjcyalater is a BAAAAAWS

Indeed i am
01/24/2014 10:50 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
TheMindStormMan
I'm 14 and used to be in your exact situation. I earned 1k in 1 summer just by mowing lawns. If you tell people its to save up for a new computer, they'll pay extra. I got $20 a lawn and mowed one every day, it didn't take long for that money to add up.
01/24/2014 10:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
blueguy_gaming
okay first instead of buying that laptop with only 4gb of ram build your own pc i have a good computer and it only cost me $489 it runs any game i have even the most popular ones anyways instead of 4gb build urself a computer bro u cant get a 8gb custom build pc with 500
but heres a way too make money
wait till ur 16 in the u.s the let u work at tht age unless u go cut neighbors lawns or something thts the only way
01/24/2014 10:39 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
Maybe buy some shares or try to invest.

Make something and sell it.

Bitcoin?
01/24/2014 11:05 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn
MrCreeperXD
Rhett and Link?
01/24/2014 10:28 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
The age for work starts around 14 years of age. So I suggest looking around for a job as an option. In Australia it is 14 and 9 months, in the U.S. it is flat 14, so it is possible to go find a job if you are in the U.S. If you do not feel like or cannot get a job because of local laws then you could try doing chore work, like mowing the lawn for neighbours or family, doing the dishes for your parents or babysitting. I know a lot of friends who do babysitting.
01/24/2014 10:26 pm
Level 48 : Master Lad
evanmoney
Holy mother of goodness.... I am also 14 and my birthday is August First :O

And also opening a minecraft server isn't a bad idea. I may only be 14 but I have created a very successful (in my opinion) minecraft server, along with a few of my friends.
01/24/2014 10:19 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Ironcross
Like the others said (or quoted, really) a lot of money-making apps and sites are total wads of crap. Swagbucks, survey sites, et cetera are all just scams. I'm only 15, so I'm not terribly experienced with the world of online "odd jobs" (not that I would be experienced if I were older anyways).

Still, I want to point out an online opportunity to get you some more spare change (although it is by no means worth your time unless you cannot do anything else). Amazon has an online "human intelligence task" system called the Mechanical Turk. It pays cents at a time for boring-as-dirt menial tasks that computers can't accurately do. It's stuff like labeling faces on images, finding search results that meet certain criteria, etc. Rewards vary from $0.00 to $0.24 at a time for up to an hour of work, so this is a last resort if you can't do physical labor, or if you can't operate a Minecraft server (see below). It's not going to pay for a $500 laptop though, unless you spend about 5,000 hours doing these tasks (assuming you can't find pocket change around the house or at school).

Here's a much better option: Open up a small Minecraft server. Run it at home or pay for a server with some discount hosting service, maybe a prison or something. Donors get special ranks and trinkets, and if you have a decent payment system and some good bukkit plugins, you can probably make a little bit of money. However, this requires a lot of commitment, and there's an exceedingly high failure rate for these kinds of ventures. If you make a decent-sized initial investment and learn how to use plugins, and obtain some basic building knowledge to make your server pretty, you can get some players, and with luck, donors.
01/24/2014 9:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Modder
SGTRedd
I would find out if your father will let you use the mower to start your own little grass cutting job. Get several neighbors around the area to let you take care of the lawn by the month. I did that when I was a kid about 40 yrs ago and trust me hard work still pays even in the 21st century.
01/24/2014 9:32 pm
Level 46 : Master Gent
Firework4lj
Don't do the stupid money making apps, they make you a very small amount of money and are a very very bad way to earn money. If your not going to work in other peoples back yards or do work for it then theres no way to make a lot of money. "I don't want to work, it takes too much time" well you know what, you know how people earn money? Hard work. Your parents work at a job and perform a task all day long. Even rich people had to work hard for their money. There is no such thing as an easy way to earn money.
01/24/2014 9:44 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
True dat.
01/24/2014 9:41 pm
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher
HaloMrFrags
This is what.
01/24/2014 9:38 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
^^^^ This
01/24/2014 8:38 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
dooly123
well if you live in Australia i would look into
http://www.reboot-it.com.au/
if you have a ipod or android hand held device i would look into money making apps for downloading for viewing videos
01/24/2014 9:32 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
DarkFadeLink
Sorry I live in the U.S... but thanks anyways
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome