How can YOU make PlanetMinecraft a better place?

x1Gambler1x's Avatar x1Gambler1x12/1/11 10:55 pm
12/3/2011 10:13 am
x1Gambler1x's Avatar x1Gambler1x

I want to remind each and every one of you.. why PlanetMinecraft needs to change!

Lately, because of our community has been expanding — like always; there has been a lot of hate being thrown at each other. People have been accusing others for certain things, like Griefing, spamming, giving negative feedback on user-Uploads.. it's just not necessary! As this happens, everything gets blown out of proportion, and it makes this site look just as bad, and we don't want that to happen!

Please refer to the Forum & Chat Rules forum section:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/forum-rules.html

What can I do to help out and prevent this from happening?
• Set people in a good mood. Visit anything that has been recently updated, give positive feedback, and possibly some positive suggestions/opinions.
• Use family-friendly language and content, the youth should not be exposed!
• Upload necessary and family-friendly content. No stolen content, flaming/hateful, insults, personal attacks & black-lists (list of people to "hate on"), and others. Please refer to the Site, Chatroom & Forum rules link above..
• Participate in fun-type forum topics, keep yourself known as a good person!
• Somewhat "moderate" forums, comments and the chatroom by letting people know what was necessary or otherwise, like defending someone.
• Don't single anyone out, no blacklisting. It is common in the forums for people to make topics on "hating a specific person."

We have the ultimate assistance of PlanetMinecraft's Site Moderators, Chat Moderators, and Cyprezz (Owner/Admin). Because of our expansion, yes, more moderators are needed to be added in order to control the community in a positive way. But for anyone who are not ranked or assigned a special task, it is still important to keep our community a safer place for the youth, young adults and adults!

There is no need to troll, flame or hate on something or someone, because everything we do will affect another, emotionally! We the community need to remain positive!

Suggestions given by newliberymc:
Ignore Trollers
Don't give kindling to the arsonists. Be responsible and just ignore these trollers and continue on with the discussion whether it might be your favorite skin, ponies, etc. If we don't have a fire in the first place then we won't need the firefighters to put it out. Besides, if these trolls start to continuously harass the thread they can always be muted/banned by staff for spamming.

Read the Thread before posting
I have a friend at school that barges in every conversation without even knowing what we are talking about. Don't get me wrong he is a very nice guy, but when we are talking about why Starbucks Tea Frapuccino is pure awesomness, he butts in and starts talking about the goodness of English Breakfast Tea. (-_-;; <= My Face) So spend a few seconds and scan through the thread before posting your thoughts on it. I can guarantee that this will reduce spam.

In case of Emergency...
Simply click that "Report to Moderator" button. PMC has excellent staff that can take care of you. Don't try to deal with spammers/haters/etc. yourselves. By doing that you are just giving them more and more attention. Metaphorically speaking, starve'em of their interest.

If you have any comments or questions or even suggestions, please post below! If you support PlanetMinecraft and this forum-topics' main idea, please state that below! And props to newlibertymc for reminding everyone that following basic rules can make PlanetMinecraft a better place!
x1Gambler1x
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/02/2011 9:33 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
i personally can help out by flagging any suspicious or rule-breaking submissions i find
12/02/2011 9:30 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
I would definitely try to tidy the forums up a bit as sometimes we get 4+ topics on the exact same thing.

Skins need better categorizes i think, as we have so many now there needs to be a better way to group them, maybe provide a way for artists to add skins to a 'set' e.g.

The food series skins would go into their own 'set' or 'series' which could be found be searching food in a skin set search. I'll try to explain it better later, i don't have much time at the moment

It would allow much better grouping and tidy the place up a bit
12/02/2011 7:43 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
what got removed Gambler? I like your post, I think it's excellent!! And Newliberty has some fabulous suggestions as well.
12/03/2011 10:13 am
x1Gambler1x
Thank you, I appreciate it! And what got removed, I believe, were the comments this one person made about how they were against people making "peace signs" with their fingers.. and mocking them saying that those people think "they are cool" and stuff. Some of my comments were removed which were in direct to that person, stating that people who make peace signs is their prerogative; and that he has his opinions, but keep them to himself.

@Lycandar & @Palaeos: Those are great ideas! Not only supervising suspicious activity on PlanetMinecraft is important, but tidying up is needed as well; in certain areas. And Palaeos, being on the hunt for suspicious activity and flagging things are need to be done correctly and carefully, thank you also!
12/02/2011 6:55 am
x1Gambler1x
Somewhat off-topics, but I wonder how many pages there were before the moderators removed them, xD. I went to sleep after making this post because the site wouldn't let me refresh.
12/02/2011 12:54 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Hero
Eatoncheese
By people stop picking on others just cuz their learning
12/02/2011 12:28 am
Level 45 : Master Network
NewLibertyMC
Guys lets focus on actual positive solutions instead of whining about ponies and such. I am going try to focus on solutions that ANYONE can take to make PMC much much better.

1. Ignore Trollers
Don't give kindling to the arsonists. Be responsible and just ignore these trollers and continue on with the discussion whether it might be your favorite skin, ponies, etc. If we don't have a fire in the first place then we won't need the firefighters to put it out. Besides, if these trolls start to continuously harass the thread they can always be muted/banned by staff for spamming.

2. Read the Thread Before Posting
I have a friend at school that barges in every conversation without even knowing what we are talking about. Don't get me wrong he is a very nice guy, but when we are talking about why Starbucks Tea Frapuccino is pure awesomness, he butts in and starts talking about the goodness of English Breakfast Tea. (-_-;; <= My Face) So spend a few seconds and scan through the thread before posting your thoughts on it. I can guarantee that this will reduce spam.

3. In Case of Emergency...
Simply click that "Report to Moderator" button. PMC has excellent staff that can take care of you. Don't try to deal with spammers/haters/etc. yourselves. By doing that you are just giving them more and more attention. Metaphorically speaking, starve'em of their interest.

Hope this solution helps and I hope everyone abides by this simple rules and help make PMC a better place!
12/02/2011 12:33 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Archer
intheannexe
Seconded.
Great post btw and as macnow said Props to you!
12/02/2011 12:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
macnow
These are the words of a true PMC contributer. Props to you sir.
12/01/2011 11:13 pm
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
TheAsterite
Wow, ive been trying to post for about a minute, but there were sooo many replies!... :O
12/01/2011 11:11 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
BlackFTW
I TRY to make people laugh/smile/not completely rage on everything/happy by being random and attempting at comedy/making jokes/being funny...

((Flamer war creation plausibality at 38%))
12/01/2011 11:02 pm
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
P0CKETLINT13
It can change by getting rid of the trolls..
12/01/2011 11:02 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Enderdragon
delet_this
I would add more moderators, to control the traffic and trolls. With all of the flamers and the fighting, the site needs to be more controlled with active mods to stop the hating and make a friendly site. There's a huge community and a constant amount of great new members joining us and we need to remove the few bad ones that come with the batch. There is also a lot of stolen content being put onto the site and making the community look bad so that needs to be taken care of and hopefully have most of the stolen content be removed. I think that if PMC had a greater, larger well-picked staff we could help heal the community into a peaceful, friendly place!
12/01/2011 10:59 pm
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
TheAsterite
Nope, just chuck testa.

Peace yo, i be a hippie.

NOT.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome