How does one implement their own music?

vPixel's Avatar vPixel3/30/12 10:19 pm
1 emeralds 194 7
4/10/2012 6:04 pm
JustaFleshWound's Avatar JustaFleshWound
as the title says, i want to implement some of my own songs into my minecraft client.

i need help, and i REALLY don't want to download a mod because:

1. i'm too lazy
2. it is a pain in the butt
3. i don't feel like having to download modloader and everything.
vPixel
Level 16 : Journeyman Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2012 6:04 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
Okay, sorry for the bit of a necro, but this still seems unresolved, so I figured I would post this.

What MinerMine said first, if you want it to be in the cycle of music that plays in game. However, I think, repeat, I THINK that there needs to be an additional .class, or a modification to an existing class for your music file to be considered by minecraft. The file also needs to be in .ogg format, but there are a buncha converters out there.

Now, if you want to be able to play your music as a disc, you need to put the file as a .mus file in the streaming folder, which is inside the resources folder. But, you also need to write up some classes for the item that will trigger playing that music file, so the first suggestion may be eaiser.

Hope this helps. -TBK
03/30/2012 10:39 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Pixel Puncher
Creeper Hugs U
Hmmmm i wonder what minecraft and metal would be like- a good combination i think \m/
03/30/2012 10:41 pm
vPixel
this isn't a "oh, i wonder what that would sound like in minecraft" thread, this is a help thread.

if your not going to help, then don't post at all.
03/30/2012 10:28 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
JustaFleshWound
I believe that you need to convert your music to a .ogg file, but I'm not going to pretend I know what I am talking about.
03/30/2012 10:26 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
-> C:\Users\(Name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resources\newmusic\ Add music there.
03/30/2012 10:28 pm
vPixel
quick question, will this be played as music like the normal minecraft music right?
03/30/2012 10:31 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
Idk, Im in a hurry, But I think you'll have to convert it, Or you can use Windows Media Player, Add the music there, Get a 'WMP Toolbar' on your taskbar, And minimize it while playing Minecraft
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome