How to Increase server population quickly?

kolxik's Avatar kolxik8/21/12 10:00 am
8/22/2012 3:55 pm
TheWitting's Avatar TheWitting
I have an awsome server but...
There are not a lot of people on it..
So plz help me and tell me how to get a lot of people on it plz....
kolxik
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2012 3:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
TheWitting
Damn your server sucks.

You can do /kit tools every 8 seconds

Your admins doesn't warn before banning/tempbanning etc. I was griefing and they killed me, and when I asked i just got tempbanned...

And sooooo many warps.. Soooo many stupid names on the warps.. And sooooo many useless warps.. DELETE THEM.

Btw, don't write signs in colors. It's annyoing as -snip-
08/22/2012 8:40 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
DustyDesigns
"Bump" Your server Every 24H. This will get you not QUICKLY new players., But always a few new players a day.
08/22/2012 8:54 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Sheppy
I no Its called being helpfull Sorry if that sounds mean.
08/22/2012 8:35 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Sheppy
Well, Dont no if this will help but...

Make you're mc post Stand out Make it Bright And intressting Not short Because its not enoth information To even want to join. Make a banner Useing Paint Or Gimp. Search up plain banner to make you're own.

2. Use correct grammer And Make you're Server title. Good! Post pictures Of the spawn Or the Staff team

3. NEVER EVER say you need staff Just to get people playing Unless you actully need staff and when you dont Just edit the post.

4. The Most best way to keep you're server active on pmc server list is to bumb the page every 24 hours. Dont delete it as you might be classed as duping servers.

5. The part where you publish and people join: Congratz! People will start joining But make sure to Do the rules pretty simple like But with as much detail possible. Try to do droppartys Time to Time to keep you're players wanting to play allot Never let you're players get board. You got to keep them happy Do events

6. The most importent thing for staff is Do a detailed Template Getting the information You want not what others want! Getting the right staff is the key to keeeping a happy server.

Well I think I Explained allot I hope i helped Maybe subcribe to me if i helped?

Regards, Sheppy
08/22/2012 8:26 am
Level 28 : Expert Ninja
Aqua-lnferno
Post it on the servers section, make a nice banner, and Done.
08/21/2012 10:30 am
Level 45 : Master Princess
vinyl-ripp
Be patient.
08/21/2012 10:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Ranger
baywee22
or just keep updating every day on planetminecraft
08/21/2012 10:26 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Ranger
baywee22
i would suggest posting it on many server lists and voting daily that way you can get up in the ranks and get more people!
08/21/2012 10:22 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
the_bomb_is_lit
dude well why dont you help the guy out if you know a great way jesus christ im just trying to help
08/21/2012 10:20 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Phoenix901
I agree, posting the ip on other people videos is considering spaming for some people and will most likely be thumps down and marked as spam.
I'm currently on the server and looking around and i notice that when i joined the server i spawn ontop of a house and not in the spawn area you get to when you use /spawn ?
Are you using any plugins to set spawn like Essentials Core, SetSpawn etc?

In the shop you can also buy a diamond sword for 1000$ even though you can get a full set of diamond armour and weapons + tools from a sign at spawn with a 8 seconds cooldown.

Another thing is the Daily PvP time. I was looking around the map as the Daily PvP time started and teleported me to a small area where i HAD to fight people in order to leave.. That is something aleast i think is really annoying when i'm in the middle of something.

Update 1: Just found another sign and I now have 29 stacks of diamond aswell as an enchant sword ( Got the enchant from another sign)

Updated 2.1: I got randomly teleported multiple times by an admin/mod/op and set on fire (by the same person) witch is really annoying when i'm exploring the server.
His/Her IGN is: Professorcraft (Nickname "The Pro")

Updated 2.2: I've been on the server for 10 mins max in total now and i've experienced everything above aswell as two server reboots/restarts witch is allso annorying.

Update 3.1: After some waiting the server came up again and i come in to see an admin/mod/op harassing and killing a VIP member of the server and geting killed multiple times by and mod (His name is on the Server Staff sign/board) by him teleporting to me and killing me.

Update 3.2: I'm not sure if this is suppose to happen but the enderdragon is flying around in the world killing people aswell, one more thing you maybe should take care of. There are no way you can survive with that "thing" flying and mobs/admins killing people.

Please note that these thing are just some things that could change.
An good way to get people to join the server fast would be to post it on the PMC Server List here:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/servers/

I will edit this post or post another one on the thread if i find anything else.
08/21/2012 10:13 am
the_bomb_is_lit
Or you could just say that if someone joins they get a bonus
08/21/2012 10:17 am
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
You are pathetic. That's bribery.
08/21/2012 10:12 am
the_bomb_is_lit
it worked for my server so thats all i have
08/21/2012 10:09 am
Level 23 : Expert Miner
Jasonpwn1
Bomb, trust me that is a sucky way
08/21/2012 10:08 am
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
Don't do what the guy above said.
08/21/2012 10:07 am
the_bomb_is_lit
If I was you I'd go on youtube and post the ip in comments of popular videos of people looking for servers
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome