How to Resolve Planetminecraft Lags & DDOS Attacks

NewLibertyMC's Avatar NewLibertyMC11/30/11 6:14 pm
1 emeralds 431 9
12/2/2011 9:07 am
thebanhammershammer's Avatar thebanhammershammer
Hello Staff,

Recently there has been a spate of complaints about how PMC is slower than usual. My hats of to you for getting that much traffic . Furthermore to my knowledge, I do not know if Planet Minecraft has gone under any DDOS attacks, but I am seeing plenty of people spamming the server with views which takes away from the lag-free experience of others.

My proposed solution is using Cloudflare. This act as a proxy (or a gatekeeper) between your visitors and our server. By acting as a proxy, CloudFlare caches static content for your site, which lowers the number of requests to your servers, but still allows visitors to access your site.

As a result you get blazing fast speeds and a built-in threat control system that updates you with suspicious IPs trying to exploit your website. Furthermore it can minify JS, CSS, HTML so that the site loads even faster.

Since it is free, you can try it out on your personal websites first such as your blogs and if you like it you can implement it for PMC. You will not regret it, you have my word as Website developer of 6 years since my clients were very happy with it.

From,
New Liberty
NewLibertyMC
Level 45 : Master Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/01/2011 11:44 am
NewLibertyMC
Well just hope a staff comes along and sees this because they are definitely missing out if they aren't using cloudflare.
12/02/2011 9:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
thebanhammershammer
Definitely agree. First time posting on the forums because I wanted to see why there were so much lag on PMC.
12/01/2011 8:20 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Rebel24
They already use cloudflare as far as I'm aware. I have seen some connections to cloud flare somewhere, although I could be wrong.
As for cloudflare been slow, that won't happen
12/01/2011 7:57 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Network
Jack_Keeley
lol, what if claoudlfare is too slow with all the traffic PMC gets?
12/01/2011 6:59 am
Level 47 : Master Necromancer
Dagorex
pmc hasn't been lagging for me though...
12/01/2011 6:47 am
NewLibertyMC
ztreetfighterz:D thanks for the great hint!

You starting a website?
11/30/2011 9:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
deviantid
Somebody give this guy a cookie. A PMC Staff HAS to see this!! The lags are getting worse
11/30/2011 9:02 pm
Level 23 : Expert Taco
ztreetfighterz
thanks for the great hint!
11/30/2011 8:58 pm
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
P0CKETLINT13
<3
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com