Idea about Submission Details.

Masq's Avatar Masq3/11/14 6:10 pm
3/12/2014 7:05 pm
Speedy's Avatar Speedy
Hey everyone!

This is basically going to be short, sweet and to the point because I really don't have much time before I'm off Ok so basically, on around 50% of the blogs/skins and such that I view, I always see the same question cropping up:

"What Program did you Use?"

or words to this effect. For example for skinning it could range from MCSkinEdit, to MCSkin3D. And for blogging it could be about the images they have on the blog, or Photoshop/Word that they used to write it on. And I was just wondering, why can't there be an extra box, right by where it says the additional credit, and tags, where you can right what programs/websites you have used?

Surely this would:
a) help out the reader if they like the style.
b) Save the writer/skinner and etc, to write the answers out 1000 times.

It was just an idea.
Thoughts?
Masq
Retired Moderator
Level 39 : Artisan Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/12/2014 7:05 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
Azie
IAmLikeSoCalledTT

1) People may not read your whole piece of text, and so could easily miss the program you have used if it is in the main body.

2) It is much easier to see, and clear, being right at the bottom.

3) You may not like to write it in the main body as it could look unprofessional and ruin your flow.

Solution: Separate your "additional details" into a separate section in your description that is bolded. Really hard to miss it that way and people skimming your description for the tools you used can read it.

Additional details don't exist for skins.
03/12/2014 7:16 am
Level 43 : Master Princess
Buttsauce
I really, really like this idea. I would also love to get some new categories, at least in the skinning section. Like fantasy, steampunk, horror (monster?), historical, original character, this kind of thing.
03/12/2014 2:36 am
Masq
Azie
IAmLikeSoCalledTT

1) People may not read your whole piece of text, and so could easily miss the program you have used if it is in the main body.

3) You may not like to write it in the main body as it could look unprofessional and ruin your flow.

Solution: Separate your "additional details" into a separate section in your description that is bolded. Really hard to miss it that way and people skimming your description for the tools you used can read it.

True True
03/12/2014 2:21 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
IAmLikeSoCalledTT

03/11/2014 8:09 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Taco
Duckgod
No offense, but can we just list it in the main body?
03/11/2014 8:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
PoshTick
/\ This /\

And I have been frequenting pmc on and off for almost two years. Only thing I have seen change is the banner up top and fixes to some previous issues (images not loading along with problems with the site running and that one malware thing a while back).

It is a good suggestion, like most others, but is not necessary or a must have feature for pmc. Still would be nice for those of us lazy people.

Support.
03/12/2014 2:15 am
Masq
Yeah I suppose you could just write it in the main body. But perhaps the box at the bottom would work for a couple of various reasons.

I dunno! Thanks for the support!
03/11/2014 7:39 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
awesomesteve
I subscribe to this statute.
03/11/2014 7:24 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Excellent idea.
03/11/2014 6:52 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy