Idea for a player service

1 emerald 13 replies 130 views | started 12/17/2017 10:52 pm by PixelNinja112
I've always seen lots of people who are looking for staff for their servers, or want developers or builders. So, an idea came to mind: What if there was a service that would find staff, developers, and builders for servers. The idea would basically be that the people running the service would find/recruit people who want to be staff/builders or develop servers. Then, the server owner can talk to the manager, and tell them what they want. Then, the service manager finds staff that meet what the owner wants, so people who want to be staff get to be staff, and owners get staff they want.

Right now this is just an idea I'm throwing out there for anyone that actually has the time to do this. So please respond whether this is a good idea and if you'd use it, because I might do this in the future if no one else does. However, if someone does start this, I'd be interested in helping, I just don't have the skill or experience to run something like this.

Edit: I've been told something like this already exists, so this thread is pretty pointless.
Posted by avatar
PixelNinja112
Level 21 : Expert Architect

13 replies

12/19/2017 7:42 pm
Level 33 Artisan Engineer
Acier
such services already exist in the form of discord servers, i am on a few listed as a builder
12/18/2017 9:35 am
Level 37 Artisan Pixel Puncher
TomConn
It would be a great idea, however I would say: Hard to actually pull off, mainly because with Builders and Developers you can find 2 kinds as I've seen it:

The "I'm Good" Builder / Dev - This is the usual Builder / Dev you find on PMC and other forums where you can't actually be sure that these people will do their work correctly, nor stand by you.

The "I'm actually Good" Builder / Dev - This is the kind of builder / dev that wants money for their work, but on the up-side you'll get exactly what you asked for.

And considering that PMC has sorta become this "I need help" "I need staff!" For server owners who think they're going to make it, I would say that it's best not to put your time too much into this idea.
12/18/2017 4:17 pm
Level 21 Expert Architect
PixelNinja112
The idea would be that builders/devs still charge for their work, the service just helps servers find good ones. Unless the service goes big, it would be free, so servers only pay their staff/builders/devs, not the service.
12/18/2017 5:15 pm
Level 37 Artisan Pixel Puncher
TomConn
But we already have that. It's called mc-market.
Every server owner who actually wants to find someone good go there.
12/18/2017 2:42 pm
Level 17 Journeyman Toast
PantekGames
Totally agree and if I'm correct OP is basically just talking about networking which the server manager already does... This would be just outsourcing it to a company which I feel would be such a hassle, considering you don't know when the service is going to "take off" (as in gain popularity) and also what the response time of the service would be like.

Somewhat of a good idea though?
12/18/2017 4:20 pm
PixelNinja112
What would make it a hassle? Since the point is to make things easier, I'm wondering what would actually make it easier for servers. The response time probably would depend on how many helpers there would be. The idea is that there would kind of be a list of possible staff, then when a server asks for staff, the workers find some players that meet their requirements, and then confirm with the owner that they want to hire these staff.
12/18/2017 7:56 am
Level 7 Apprentice Architect
usandlew
i like the basis of the idea... but, it would need some source of verifying peoples skills/qualifications as well as identity so servers arent put in the hands of idiots who will destroy stuff.
12/18/2017 4:23 pm
PixelNinja112
That's something else I was thinking about. Builders and devs won't be too hard, since you can probably see their past work, or ask people who've hired them if they're good workers. The same thing could be done for staff, and maybe there could be a server for testing new staff/builders.
12/19/2017 12:45 am
Level 7 Apprentice Architect
usandlew
Alot of servers have a dev server, for testing configuring their new plugins. Using this to allow a contractor to work on, rather than the main server would be the way to go. i wish it would happen. I could use it now and then
12/17/2017 10:55 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Miner
BloodyEclair
Very good idea only problem is i cant make a website like this xD :(

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome