If you owned Mojang, what would you do?

dominusanimum's Avatar dominusanimum 9/6/2023 9:08 pm
20 emeralds 1.7k 208
9/6/2023 9:08 pm
dominusanimum's Avatar dominusanimum
Let's just say you suddenly owned Mojang. All its money, assets, workers, files, ect. What would you do? How would you change the game?

I personally would:
*Create affective bedrock java crossplay (including curseforge mods)
*Team up with big websites to put many things on the marketplace for free
*Integrate optifine into base games
*Revive minecraft earth, and create a subscription based plugin which syncs chunks on a server to irl location in minecraft earth
*Automatically downloaded anticheat
*Nether roof on bedrock, and togglable feature for both
*More website integration

I wanna see everyone's ideas here:
Ins0mn1a
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/05/2023 2:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Cookie
dominusanimum
I would add junglins. And a jungle treehouse village.
09/05/2023 2:45 pm
Level 46 : Master uwu
TheEnderCore
- Re write the java edition in Rust and make that the main version.

- Make a system to be able to integrate mods like sodium in to the main game.
- Add proper modding support
09/05/2023 2:49 pmhistory
dominusanimum
That wouldn't work. It would actually be better to focus only on Bedrock because the coding is easier and faster. Plus, it can be used on many devices, while java can't. I don't actually think they should do this. I think they should keep Bedrock and Java.
09/06/2023 6:38 am
TheEnderCore
Bedrock is a broken buggy mess. Fixing would still require a rewrite at the least.
09/06/2023 8:54 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Engineer
Witherbeast
I Mean, Bedrock Edition I like it the way it is in my opinion, Although that is just my opinion.
09/06/2023 7:54 am
dominusanimum
The weird thing is, in some updates it will not lag a all work perfectly dine, but in somw updates it has problems. They just need to fix its code, not rewrite it,
09/06/2023 8:21 pmhistory
TheEnderCore
When I say is broken buggy mess, I don't mean performance. I am talking about everything else. Like if java is a broken buggy mess and needs a re write (I know, I work with the source code). Then a game that's is made for 9 platform at the same time is not any better.
09/06/2023 9:08 pm
dominusanimum
You also have to consider that a single platform must work on many different kinds of devices.
08/21/2023 11:29 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
ItalicMuscle
i would get out of the ownership microsoft and fix minecraft.
08/21/2023 10:19 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
Heavy_Weapons_Guy_From_TF2
Also sit back and have some Dunkin' Donuts
08/21/2023 10:14 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
Heavy_Weapons_Guy_From_TF2
I'd make Bedrock and Java be the same version but for different platforms. Crossplay. Everything in Bedrock gets put into Java, and vice versa.
07/28/2023 10:23 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
PotasioElCerdo
add technoblade
07/28/2023 4:47 amhistory
Level 26 : Expert Lemon
AwRecKer
I would add the bundle, add back the old exclusive features (like the april fools updates, and nether reactor cores as a decorative block) and put them in both versions, and fix bedrock redstone
07/01/2023 10:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
LoveArrow
Force rail and minecarts update, and sell the game to microsoft
06/27/2023 6:25 pmhistory
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
SprucedVanilla
Create affective bedrock java crossplay (including curseforge mods)
This would be a herculean task, but would be amazing if it worked!

Team up with big websites to put many things on the marketplace for free

You'd need permission from everyone who made marketplace content, and you've have to right up a whole contract for every single one. Putting your content on the marketplace is a legal agreement between you and Mojang. Though having everything on the marketplace for free would be fantastic (especially if it followed the java-bedrock crossplay before)

Integrate optifine into base games
Mojang did actually contact OptiFine a while ago - but couldn't secure the rights to integrate it into the official versions.

Revive minecraft earth, and create a subscription based plugin which syncs chunks on a server to irl location in minecraft earth

You would get a lot of people building questionable things - and moderating the entire earth would be tricky...

Automatically downloaded anticheat
Yes, certainly. Just have it included in minecraft by default though, not a seperate auto-download.

Nether roof on bedrock, and togglable feature for both
A gamerule for nether roof would be cool! This fits with crossplay too.

More website integration
I assume you mean like an "install with Minecraft" feature on sites such as planet minecraft. Bedrock already provides this, but it would be awesome for java as well!
06/28/2023 1:11 pmhistory
Level 10 : Journeyman Taco
bonkmaykr
Including an anticheat with minecraft as part of the base game is a bad idea because 1. It wastes Mojang's time fighting a futile battle, 2. It would hurt HvH/Anarchy, and 3. Anticheat is prone to many false positives and "effective" anticheat is often borderline malware.

It should be something downloaded from a community server with the user's informed consent. Let the server operators decide if they need anticheat and what anticheat to use, and let the players decide if they want to agree to use that anticheat or not. Only issue I could see with that is that somebody could set up a server that just downloads a trojan

Also getting forge/fabric mods to work on Bedrock would require some kind of JVM emulation layer that interfaces with the C code and that's a lot of work for Mojang that Microsoft isn't interested in supporting given their marketplace-driven approach.
06/28/2023 3:47 pm
SprucedVanilla
It's true that anticheat such to an extent that hypixel uses can be very annoying. Even if Minecraft did supply an "official" antichest though...

Or made it so you could only play on a server if you aren't running mods (and if the admin turns that feature on). Admins would also be able to whitelist mods etc
06/27/2023 6:26 pm
SprucedVanilla
PMC really messed up my message formatting :P
06/26/2023 4:33 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd
EarthySpruce
Make minecarts faster, add fireflies, procrastinate, sell it back
06/25/2023 6:13 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
fredbear playz
i would create minecraft 2 early
06/25/2023 6:02 amhistory
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
bangetto
poop on bedrock and go all-in on java, maybe kick out microsoft on the way
06/25/2023 6:54 pm
bonkmaykr
based
06/24/2023 9:27 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
kingkoops
add more aggresive insect mobs so bane of arthropods could have a better use!
06/24/2023 7:47 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
k0neko
fire everyone.
06/24/2023 7:58 pm
dominusanimum
Bad idea
06/27/2023 6:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pig
JustAnNPC
its their choice lmao
06/24/2023 7:29 pmhistory
Level 23 : Expert Pig
JustAnNPC
SELL IT FOR NOTCH FOR 1 DOLLAR SO HE DEFENENTLY WOULD ACCEPT IT
and make better updates to minecraft
09/05/2023 2:18 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Ins0mn1a
Well he chose to leave minecraft, before Microsoft made the offer. He was already looking for an offer. I don't know if he would accept it.
06/24/2023 7:04 pmhistory
dominusanimum
In a hypothetical scenario where Mojang allowed me to add any three things of my choice to Minecraft, this is what I would pick. The boomerang would be a new weapon for combat, but it could also be used as a tool. The copper golem would be programmable and able to interact with redstone systems for all sorts of purposes, which would be revolutionary. Architects would be a new type of allay used as an alternative method for auto-crafting. These three things would significantly improve Minecraft.

1. Boomerang To summarize this, this is basically throwable flint-and-steel, but it does have a few other advantages. This will be a new fire-based weapon similar to how the trident is an aquatic weapon. I have designed a new type of boomerang which would be unique for Minecraft and it would not replace the trident in any way, so all players would be happy. You could obtain soul rods from killing a soul blaze, which could be used to craft a boomerang. It is crafted from two soul rods and a gold ingot. When it is thrown, it ignites whatever it hits with soul fire. It behaves exactly like flint-and-steel. When it ignites a put-out campfire, it becomes a soul campfire. It can set mobs on fire and cook their meat. It can ignite portals and tnt. A boomerang will not be destroyed when it breaks, so the player can repair it. It can be repaired by putting it on a soul campfire. The boomerang will always return to the player. The boomerang could have blue fire particles when it is thrown, like a trail of fire which just makes it look cool. However, this will be much more useful than just throwable flint-and-steel. If you break a sweet berry bush with this weapon, it will drop soul berries. Soul berries cause a temporary effect similar to instant health or instant damage, allowing players to naturally regenerate health even if they don’t have enough hunger. This new weapon could include new enchantments which would modify this weapon’s behavior, such as being able to gather items, cause knockback to mobs, or quickly harvest crops or cobwebs. This would be my new favorite weapon if it was added.

2. Copper golem The copper golem could significantly enhance the game's redstone mechanics and teach players the basics of programming. The golem can operate a copper keyboard, which can trigger a redstone signal. Punch cards, programmed in a keypunch block, provide the golem with step-by-step instructions, allowing it to perform a variety of tasks. You can name the punch cards when you program it, so you will know what it does. Copper golems could be used for automatic farms, weapon defense systems, storage sorting, and so much more. This would need to include cameras which can be activated by redstone, copper pipes, copper conveyor belts for allays, observers being able to observe if a plant is fully grown, dispensers being able to use any tool and plant seeds, and copper hoppers which do not remove items out of chests unless that specific item has been requested.

3. Deepslate allay Architects are an allay made of deepslate and have giant blue glowing eyes. They can be found inside the secret room in the Ancient City. It makes fast beeping noises in binary, but is completely silent to the warden. It can regenerate its health, it can't drown, and it's fire immune. You can give it an item, and it will search for materials to craft that item, then it will drop that item on the ground. This would be an alternative method for auto-crafting. Unlike an allay, it would not bring the item anywhere. It would just drop the item on the ground.
06/24/2023 6:18 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
Finto277
I would do so much things
06/24/2023 4:23 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
MrJakkar
I would immediately sell it to someone that would know how to manage such a company. Maybe I wouldn't own Mojang anymore after, but I would be richer so why not? XD
06/24/2023 3:20 pm
dominusanimum
I would create a real life Matrix where everyone would live in Minecraft… :)
06/24/2023 3:09 pm
bonkmaykr
A lot of the things you wished for probably aren't ever going to happen as long as Microsoft is in control.
06/24/2023 12:51 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Magical Girl
sslaptnhablhat
Revert the game back to 1.8 and reinstate Notch
06/24/2023 3:17 pm
dominusanimum
I would never revert it back to 1.8

Reinstate Notch...? Maybe
06/25/2023 6:55 pm
bonkmaykr
why maybe
06/24/2023 12:32 pmhistory
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Oslypsis
I'd change the villager and villager-esque mob designs, even if it makes the community unhappy. Maybe I'd need to offer the old designs as an alternative "legacy art" kind of thing within the game. Apparently Notch designed the villagers to have large noses because he was anti-semitic. Then I'd cut ties with the old villager image and make a public statement apologizing for taking so long, and for the previous owner's actions, then clarify they don't represent Mojang's views.
06/24/2023 11:54 am
Level 39 : Artisan Enderdragon
KingtheTitan
Update it, fix some bugs and then sell it to Microsoft for 20.5 billion.
06/24/2023 3:10 pm
bonkmaykr
it was sold for 2.5
06/25/2023 11:06 am
KingtheTitan
That was like a decade ago, the prices would have raised.
06/25/2023 6:55 pm
bonkmaykr
yeah but microsoft already owns it lmao
06/26/2023 6:51 pm
KingtheTitan
Oh, never mind, End update then.
06/24/2023 10:49 am
Level 38 : Artisan Blueberry
Zomphey
End update.
06/24/2023 5:33 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Modder
XENKO
sell the game for more money 😇 😇
06/24/2023 12:45 amhistory
Level 43 : Master Fish
Zulfish
add the combat snapshots into an upcoming update
learn Java (pain)
rework old textures
faster minecarts (if yk yk)
rework phantoms
add a natively supported modding engine
06/24/2023 11:10 am
Level 39 : Artisan Wolf
ItzOrangey
Camman18 would love you.
07/06/2023 7:30 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
G4LCDev
I have no idea if its canman18 or camman18
07/06/2023 8:32 am
ItzOrangey
It's camman18. He did a whole video on the topic.
07/28/2023 4:12 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Warrior
G4LCDev
At the same time, if you watched PrestonPlayz's short on it:
1st: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvQqNqu8HU 2nd: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfx6Ld8TjK8

It's kinda odd, but interesting!
07/28/2023 9:23 am
ItzOrangey
If you call him canman18, he will rage.
He made a vid on it.
06/24/2023 12:48 am
Level 43 : Master Fish
Zulfish
and remove bedrock
Planet Minecraft

Website