Im making a server for my discord and i need some tips !

LaPandaBlasee's Avatar LaPandaBlasee9/15/19 6:48 am
9/26/2019 7:05 am
illdeletethis's Avatar illdeletethis
i want it to be fun but easy so i chose vanilla but should i add plugins ? i don't think mods would be useful since it's just a small community type of server ! also im using Aternos !
Please leave any tips !
LaPandaBlasee
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/15/2019 7:37 am
Level 33 : Artisan Pig
TipzTeam
You should have plugins for a server. I mean to use those plugin used for anti-cheating and mod
09/15/2019 7:46 am
LaPandaBlasee
alright i'll add them then !
09/22/2019 2:27 amhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
DolphinSwim
1) Don't use Aternos.

TRUST ME
09/22/2019 5:38 amhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
1, don't use aternos.

2, go for plugins don't do vanilla, because you might want a anti-cheat plugin or some other plugin that will make life easier (like essentials)

3, don't use aternos...
09/22/2019 7:02 am
LaPandaBlasee
is minehut better ? i gave up on Aternos cuz the plugins made it lag way too much
09/22/2019 8:30 amhistory
Eclipse
Well... depends, do you want to host a free server or paid?
09/22/2019 8:31 am
LaPandaBlasee
well a free server since this is just for my discord server and its small !
09/22/2019 8:33 am
Eclipse
Yeah.. minehut probably is the best option if you are hosting a free server
09/22/2019 8:34 am
LaPandaBlasee
alright thanks for your help dude !
09/26/2019 3:07 amhistory
Level 1 : New Crafter
taciturasa
It really depends on what sort of gameplay you want, what your community is like, and what your resources are. Since you seem to be stuck on free platforms for now, I'd highly recommend keeping your plugins super light. Just a few tweak datapacks, something for anti-grief, and essentials or an essentials-like plugin/datapack should be fine.

Don't use Aternos, however. As someone else suggested, Minehut is a fine choice.

If you can find a free service that lets you do it, I'd also highly recommend using papermc instead of the default server or spigot. It's much more performant and will let you squeeze every last inch out of your server.

If this server really takes off, and you as a community can afford to do it, consider moving to Nitrous Networks for paid server hosting. This'll let you expand into deeper territory of plugins and datapacks. At that point, I'd recommend Gamemode 4 for some incredibly datapacks, tyruswoo's game changer, and MineTinker.

If you want to really mess around with configurations, if you can, check out this guide for Spigot optimization:

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/guide-server-optimization%E2%9A%A1.283181/

If all this is overwhelming, just focus on the first two paragraphs for now! Everything else is just additional info if you decide to explore further. Server admin can be rewarding and educational!

Good luck, and have fun!
09/26/2019 6:46 am
LaPandaBlasee
thank you !!!
09/26/2019 7:05 am
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
if you want it to be survival + economy you could get tips from libertyminecraft
all of their setup, financials and important in game developments are posted on their site
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome