Improving Planet Minecraft

RevolutionalRedStone's Avatar RevolutionalRedStone2/17/12 7:24 pm
1 emeralds 209 3
2/21/2012 9:48 pm
FoxOfDoom's Avatar FoxOfDoom
I've been coming here for a while now and i must say it's a cool site.

But there are some obvious improvements waiting to be made...

Search
----------------
You can't search for short tags! ( things like; RDF, CPU and RAM are perfectly valid and Google has no trouble finding relevant results on this site using them)

By default you are searching for Best ( solving this one is harder; alot of people may want only the most popular, but it seriously monopolies incoming traffic; perhaps newer posts should be given an automatic score offset so they have a chance of being seen among posts that have slowly gained score over months of time)

Projects
----------------
The project-modification-page is very prone to errors; and the console simply returns 'Undefined' for most of them

You can't leave project comments on a smart phone because of the particular java-script text input box

Large, clear PNG Images look very poor when automatically converted to JPG and down scaled for project image marquee's ( A warning would suffice, but it should-really leave the efficient PNG's alone )

There is no automated quality control; this post by silver_crysis for example has little to offer the community, and could have been easily recognized as junk ( no information at all and only a single small-image )

Subscriptions
------------------------
These work great for the most part; but there needs to be ALOT more information like who of those you follow are currently online now. The subscriptions page should also have an ordered list of all activity including diamond-giving.

Thanks guys.
RevolutionalRedStone
Level 53 : Grandmaster Pirate