"Join me and a friend for a server!" threads.

mdaddy14100's Avatar mdaddy141003/8/12 12:16 pm
1 emeralds 152 6
3/8/2012 2:45 pm
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
Hello, haven't made a forum in a while Sooo, here goes!

Okay, so forum games threads don't go in the last twenty posts box for a reason right?
That reason is because it is not supposed to clutter up the box right? Because if people want to find a forum game, they go to the forum game section in the index. Right?
What I don't get is that people can post, "Hai guise! Join mah srver!" or "Hai! Need Sumone too let's play!"
Why can't they be like the forum games? So if people are looking for a server to join or a let's play to join, they go there to the index page and find the section, rather than clogging up the twenty posts box with " Okai! Pm me teh IP!"
Same goes for RP applications.
mdaddy14100
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/08/2012 2:40 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
Can't you lock it youself? It's your Thread.
03/08/2012 2:45 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Only moderators can lock threads or delete them, well you can delete your own thread if you can somehow get everyone to delete their post in order from newest to oldest i think but that's not really the point.

I will go ahead and lock it though since mdaddy wished it so and his question was answered.
03/08/2012 2:43 pm
mdaddy14100
03/08/2012 2:39 pm
mdaddy14100
Ouch...
Okay, I'm good now. Can I get a lock er something?
03/08/2012 1:44 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
There are separate sections for both of those things (Lets Plays & Servers) neither of which show up in the last 20 posts. If you see one in the wrong section, report it and move on.. To be specific and all, those things are breaking these rules:

Click to reveal
7: SEARCH BEFORE POSTING
To avoid multiple posts on the same topic, either do a search or look beyond the first page of posts. Posts that are discussing the same subject may be closed or merged and will be marked as merged. Please note that some merged topics may have a changed title to reflect the topic better.

9: NO SPAM, EXCESSIVE/UNNECESSARY POSTING, TROLLS
Spam can be described as this: the posting of advertisements (Including server advertisements, which I believe you're talking about), abusive, or unneeded messages on forums. You may think it only applies to junk mail or ads, but it also applies to the unnecessary posts that don't contribute any useful information to a topic. Moderators can (and do) delete any topics or posts that are considered spam.

Posting just to raise your post count will not be tolerated in any form. Your post count is just a number, NOT a status symbol. If you think you will get more respect having more posts, you are mistaken. If an Admin or Moderator deems you are abusing your account in this manner, your post count can be zeroed. Other such activity includes, but is not limited to: posting messages back to back that could have been easily in 1 post or when you have innocuous conversations back and forth with minimal post material or content or even minimal word content for that matter. Please use the Private Message (PM) system for such conversations.

A troll is a person who enters an established forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages. No posts obviously designed to attract flames or otherwise incite other posters to react negatively and aggressively will be tolerated.
03/08/2012 1:46 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
Tru Dat ^
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome