Lists - Blog Rules

Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn11/3/14 5:46 pm
1 emeralds 351 2
11/5/2014 5:46 am
Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn
Hello there,

I will just get straight to the point, in the rules for submissions (under blogs) is this stated:
- Lists: Creating Blogs such as 100 ways to Die in Minecraft, Top 5 Texture Packs of 2014, and similar lists are not allowed. It takes minimal effort and would be better discussion for the forums as others may have differing opinions on what is the best or worst of any given subject. This also includes listing new features added to the game.

I kinda disagree with the vagueness of this (so I don't think that it's a 'bad' rule, just that it's too vague), since there are a lot of tutorials out there that use this style of writing to maintain a bit of order.

My suggestion is to only forbid lists that are just lists (I know this sounds stupid, but specifying details in rules is never a bad thing to do right?) and have no other content around them.

If you think I'm being stupid and that I'm overthinking this just comment it , same if you noticed that I overlooked something (I'm just one human with one brain, I can't see everything). Ofcourse if you agree with me it's nice to get some support.

Alright, thanks for reading.

-Pepijn
Pepijn
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/05/2014 5:46 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
JetraThe intention of the rule was to prevent a bunch of simple lists making it as blogs, similar to how Pixel Art is no longer an acceptable build topic. Most lists, at least what I consider them, are just a few words with really no major substance to them whereas Tutorials are a series of steps to guide the reader to a goal. I admit it's a very, very thin line, but it's difficult to describe something without using that same thing to describe it, though it would be helpful to tighten it up a bit.

Yeah I was thinking the same, this is ofcourse not a big deal (far from it) but I've learned that it's better to specifiy details in rules. In this case people might go reporting blogs that have a list in them, but also content around it (Not that many people actually go through all the blogs :/, but you get my point).
11/03/2014 6:13 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
The intention of the rule was to prevent a bunch of simple lists making it as blogs, similar to how Pixel Art is no longer an acceptable build topic. Most lists, at least what I consider them, are just a few words with really no major substance to them whereas Tutorials are a series of steps to guide the reader to a goal. I admit it's a very, very thin line, but it's difficult to describe something without using that same thing to describe it, though it would be helpful to tighten it up a bit.

Can't speak for all the sites, however.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome