Major Mojang Issue

Pasidon's Avatar Pasidon12/17/11 8:05 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 17
12/18/2011 8:47 am
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
Ok, so I'll make this quick. I bought Cobalt recently, and when I put my profile information in for my Mojang account, it fails to connect. I checked my Mojang account, and when I try to log-in, it says my username "Pasidon" does not exist. I had an e-mail verify the account associated with my address and it clearly says "Pasidon" does exist. I got my password reset and still nothing, so I REALLY need some advice about this. I'm not sure if the Cobalt and account issues are connected, but they both need to be resolved before I get any more fed up with this. I didn't pay money only to gripe about this...

Oh, but I can still login when playing Minecraft. I just don't understand...

I would e-mail Mojang about this if I could find an address to mail my gripes to... a community issue e-mail would also be a satisfactory gain from this topic. Appreciate the help, if received.
Pasidon
Level 33 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2011 3:29 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
ehdfawq3er
Ok, for short, when you log in with a mojang account, use your email adress.
More info on my post above ^^^
12/18/2011 3:28 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
ehdfawq3er
Ok, firstly you need to port your minecraft account to a mojang. Do this by logging into your username(and password) on http://www.mojang.com and then do what is says. Then buy cobalt while logging into your new mojang account, wich is accesed by your E-Mail you registered, not your minecraft username. Then you can log in into cobalt
12/18/2011 3:18 am
Pasidon
Well it's alright... I spent the day looking for fixes, and found nothing. But I did some extensive research into the Cobalt issue and noticed my 36.ddl file was corrupt. So I replaced that and I can play Cobalt now... that's great. But my Mojang account still doesn't work, and that's an issue I don't think I can fix. If anyone finds some sort of customer support e-mail for Mojang or something, I could use it. I have yet to see one, so... yea.
12/17/2011 10:36 am
Level 31 : Artisan Hunter
hunterbeebe
Sorry man I don't know what to do.
12/17/2011 10:11 am
Pasidon
And let me state that I am just now learning how horrible Mojang's customer support is. It just has me answer 2 questions and it gives me only one solution that's irrelevant to my problem:

http://www.minecraft.net/support

That's the extent of the help they're offering me... I feel like I'm about to be incredibly spiteful in a few hours if I don't get a solution...
12/17/2011 10:01 am
Pasidon
I'm still not quite sure what this Herobrine garbage is... irrelevant, but what do you mean merging? I can clearly find people playing Cobalt as we speak that did the exact same process as me without having their username umphed from existence.

Oh, and just to make sure my username was the issue, I asked for a password look-up and it requested my username "Pasidon":

"User Not Found"

https://www.minecraft.net/resetpassword

But I just sent a username look-up to my e-mail address, and that e-mail states in fine print:

Accounts for pasidonofchaos@hotmail.com:
* Pasidon (Premium!)

That's quite the contradiction.
12/17/2011 9:54 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Ranger
Alien8ed_Phreak
They're working on merging but it is still a WIP. And just to be funny...

IT WAS HEROBRINE
12/17/2011 9:50 am
Pasidon
Oh. I did use a credit card. Not sure what a chargeback is, but they didn't say anything of the sort. It still says my account exists and all, so I'm not quite sure if that was the case. I bought Cobalt through the Cobalt site, but I originally got my account from minecraft.net perfectly fine a long while ago. But I got my question up at that site; appreciate the help.
12/18/2011 8:47 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
Did you ever get a response from them?
12/17/2011 9:26 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
did you buy your account direct from minecraft.net? did you use a credit card to buy it?

There's a chance if you used your credit card to buy the game, that there was a chargeback. Mojang will delete your username if there's a chargeback. If you didn't buy your account from minecraft.net there's another good chance you purchased a gift code from someone who bought the code with a stolen credit card. Otherwise, log into http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang and let them know your issue. I was talking to a real live person in less than 20 minutes.
12/17/2011 9:26 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Cake
MinecraftNotchEzJens
I dont know a clue even what Cobalt is.
12/17/2011 9:15 am
Pasidon
Yea, a different e-mail didn't work. Now this problem is just getting irritating...
12/17/2011 8:51 am
Pasidon
Well... I'm fairly confident a new e-mail won't work. Cobalt is like Minecraft in the sense that you register it to a specific e-mail when you buy it, and you can only use that e-mail to log-in and play. But Cobalt doesn't seem to have a 'play offline' option, so I think I need my original. I'll try still, but I dunno...

Oh, and my login won't work on the official Minecraft page either:

"Oops, unknown username or password."

http://www.minecraft.net/login

There's something wrong with my account in general since I logged in there just last week.
12/17/2011 8:39 am
Level 82 : Elite Architect
lynchyinc
perhaps use a different email address?
12/17/2011 8:33 am
Pasidon
I've considered that. I tried registering for a "Mojang account", and it said my e-mail was already registered with the same information I use for my Minecraft account.

And it specifically sates:

"Log in with your Minecraft username and password and
you'll get a head start to migrate your account."

https://account.mojang.com/login
12/17/2011 8:31 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Alpha_Legion
Yes, your Minecraft account is for Minecraft, not a whole Mojang account. - affraid i think you'll have ot make a new account. :/
12/17/2011 8:25 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Taco
dadeniboy
i think your minecraft account is not your mojang account, so maybe you are going to have to make another account.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome