Mod Loader overwritten by Forge File? Did I lose mod?

Rabbit-Nat's Avatar Rabbit-Nat1/31/13 12:17 pm
1 emeralds 279 5
2/2/2013 9:11 am
big-splat's Avatar big-splat
Can anyone help? Using 1.4.7 version - Installed ModLoader in order to install Instant Structures for my son. It worked. Then, I installed Most recent Forge File in order to install Castle Defense. Did I overwrite ModLoader and Instant Structures?
Rabbit-Nat
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/02/2013 9:11 am
Level 40 : Master Creeper Hugger
big-splat
If you need more help, just ask
01/31/2013 2:25 pm
Rabbit-Nat
That is great to know!
You have been most helpful.
When my son gets home from school, I'll have him test everything out to make sure it is all there (I don't know how to use Minecraft-Dare I Say!)
01/31/2013 12:57 pm
Rabbit-Nat
Part of what you said is very interesting....
When I force an update to my 1.4.7 minecraft, do i lose all my mods? (or did I misunderstand you?)
01/31/2013 1:38 pm
big-splat
Yes, you will, but they can be re-installed in the same way you previously installed them but remember not to use mod-loader and forge at the same time

~big-splat
01/31/2013 12:44 pm
big-splat
Modloader will have been overwritten, and there may be problems running the mods. Modloader is pre-included with forge, so all that I can recommend is that you use the 'Force Update' button in the minecraft launcher to download a fresh minecraft with no mods installed. Once that has downloaded and reached the main menu of minecraft, then close minecraft. Then proceed to install all of your mods (not including Modloader, you wont need that) but install forge first, then it should work fine.

Hope this helps. .

~big-splat
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome