Need a CPU Cooler

Irish's Avatar Irish8/9/15 9:57 am
1 emeralds 191 5
8/9/2015 10:18 am
UltraFireFX's Avatar UltraFireFX
So, my current CPU cooler/fan is a basic stock one that I have had for over 2 years. I have recently upgraded my motherboard and case and I have started to notice something; My CPU Fan now randomly decides to sound like a jet engine.

It's usually set to only run at 30%, which is fine. But for some reason it randomly goes to 100% speed even though my CPU is a cool 35C. I have no idea why it is doing this, I have checked the BIOS, tried using Speedfan, nothing is working.

So, I need a new CPU cooler. Im not going to bother tinkering anymore with my current one since it is a lost cause.

My budget is £50 and I live in Northern Ireland, so I can buy it from anywhere as long as it ships to the UK.

I want whatever is the best value, just no water-cooling since I don't have anything extreme running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TL;DR: I have £50 and need a non-watercooled CPU cooler. My case is the Fractal Design R5.
Irish
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/09/2015 10:18 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
UltraFireFX
I'd absolutely suggest the Coller Master Hyper 212 EVO, every suggests it because it's the best cooler for the money, any better and you should really get water cooling, I have it on my AMD FX-8350 and with the thermal paste that comes with it, I get about 20-30 degrees idle and 30-40 degrees under load.

You should be able to Google the dimensions because even in my case, it's a bit tight, especially if you use the top fan sockets.

Good luck!
08/09/2015 10:14 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
What CPU do you have? Are there any limitations in case clearance for your cooler?

As others have recommended, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a pretty good bet if you want efficient cooling for your CPU. However, if you're constrained on space (e.g. in a mini-ITX build or a slim case), the Gelid Solutions Slimhero is a great option. It's also pretty quiet, with a maximum noise output listed as only around 25 dbA.
08/09/2015 10:08 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Althalus
The hyper 212 is the go-to. It's way better than the TX3. Cools any CPU from the last 6 years really well. Go for it, I've had one for years and it's still working.
08/09/2015 10:04 am
Level 44 : Master Pixel Painter
Hebb
-snip-
08/09/2015 10:03 am
Level 44 : Master Pixel Painter
Hebb
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler ... 212e20pkr2

This is a good one, its very very cheap and still pretty good. It's also very popular. It can run up to 2000 RPM.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome