NEED HELP ASAP!

HarrisonSJB's Avatar HarrisonSJB7/26/14 5:53 pm
1 emeralds 265 7
7/26/2014 7:00 pm
HarrisonSJB's Avatar HarrisonSJB
Right guys - straight to the chase.
Here's the dealio.

Earlier today I bought a Philips Gaming headset for the PC. (It clearly states on the packaging that's it's for PC).
I have a gaming COMPUTER, not a laptop.
The headset is equipped with an NC Boom Mic, and decent on-ear muffs.
The problem is this:
The headset has a "combo plug". I've no freaken clue how to use a combo plug.
If anyone can help me with a walkthrough maybe, on how to use a combo plug, that'd be amazing, and would save me money instead of buying a new headset...

I've been told I need an adapter, but surely the headset would come with an adapter if it needed one. SURELY Philips aren't THAT stupid...

The audio out works perfectly fine - but I can't seem to connect my mic no matter what I do. (This is achieved by putting the combo plug into the green jack in my computer, not the pink one)

If I put the combo plug into the pink one, NEITHER of them work! (Audio OR mic)

Please post your suggestions ASAP!!
HarrisonSJB
Level 47 : Master Turtle

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/26/2014 6:22 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
LittleChaosGaming
Tell me what the sizes are and then I'll try and figure it out for you and if not I'll find you the correct adapter on amazon or ebay
07/26/2014 7:00 pm
HarrisonSJB
The 1 combo plug is 3.5mm and my jacks on my computer are 3.5mm (both pink and green)
07/26/2014 6:14 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
2 x 3.5mm jack lead?
Microphone should be pink socket, headphones go in green.

Edit: I'd start by testing the mic works. Go anything else you can plug it into?
07/26/2014 6:07 pm
HarrisonSJB
RageLokiCat
HarrisonSJBRight guys - straight to the chase.
Here's the dealio.

Earlier today I bought a Philips Gaming headset for the PC. (It clearly states on the packaging that's it's for PC).
The problem is this:
If anyone can help me with a walkthrough maybe, on how to use a combo plug, that'd be amazing, and would save me money instead of buying a new headset...

I've been told I need an adapter, but surely the headset would come with an adapter if it needed one. SURELY Philips aren't THAT stupid...

The audio out works perfectly fine - but I can't seem to connect my mic no matter what I do. (This is achieved by putting the combo plug into the green jack in my computer, not the pink one)

-_- Laptops are computers. Calculators are even technically computers. A Gaming "Computer", without the bit about the laptop, wouldn't be helpful. What you mean is a gaming desktop.

Technicalities aside, why not just buy an adapter? There's not much else to be done, it's a slightly different plug, are your computer simply does not work with that. It can't even find the extra data, because the third strip of metal on the plug isn't touching anything. Does your computer have a third port, maybe blue? Perhaps that's the right port.

Edit, I guess that's been answered.

Thanks for the help man. I always said that computers are different the laptops, I guess that's just the way I say it. But yeah, a desktop computer is what I meant. ;P

I'll get an adapter then. Thanks for your help.
07/26/2014 6:02 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
HarrisonSJBRight guys - straight to the chase.
Here's the dealio.

The problem is this:

-_- Laptops are computers. Calculators are even technically computers. A Gaming "Computer", without the bit about the laptop, wouldn't be helpful. What you mean is a gaming desktop.

Technicalities aside, why not just buy an adapter? There's not much else to be done, it's a slightly different plug, are your computer simply does not work with that. It can't even find the extra data, because the third strip of metal on the plug isn't touching anything. Does your computer have a third port, maybe blue? Perhaps that's the right port.

Edit, I guess that's been answered.
07/26/2014 5:57 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon
Capritorne
try putting it in the back jacks of the computer as well
07/26/2014 6:01 pm
HarrisonSJB
Tried every single one.
Avaliable plugs:

Front:
- Green