Opinions on Prismarine Blocks. What would you change?

Nick-TM's Avatar Nick-TM6/25/19 1:10 pm history
4 emeralds 533 6
6/29/2019 5:49 am
Girouette's Avatar Girouette
I make random texture packs for blocks and I like to ask for the communities opinion on Prismarine blocks.

Personally the Prismarine blocks, apart from Dark Prismarine, are pretty ugly. I feel like the other Prismarines are just too teal and the Prismarine bricks were textured poorly (the pattern in terrible). I think a darker blue would make it fit with the new water shading from 1.13+

What are your opinions? Anything you want to see changed?
Nick-TM
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/29/2019 5:49 am
Level 24 : Expert uwu
Girouette
I dunno what they are, but sure
06/25/2019 6:38 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
The base prismarine has laways struck me as looking like a marine version of cobble. (I also wonder what effect the animation has on performance, but haven't encountered noticable lag even with build having considerably more rtahn the OM.)

Dark prismarine has been my favorite as well.

The pismarine brick pattern seems off to me, it would look better if the pattern of joints tesselated (and interlocked). [I would, however, prefer a pattern markedly different the rectilinear patterns of the other brick style blocks…]

Looking at the fxvrhiistj631.png pivc I think shifting the hue from the original towards the green (rather than the blue) would give a better match to the guardians. (Aside from aesthetics, this would also give the OM defenders better camoflage and make clearing a wee tad more challenging…)
06/25/2019 6:20 pmhistory
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
I like the shade of turquoise the prismarine bricks have. I used them in several vehicles and it always turned out great.
Dark prismarine also has a nice shade of green. Although it has a kind of unsettling texture I really like building with it.
06/25/2019 2:58 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer
Nick-TM
06/25/2019 2:38 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pixel Painter
OmegaVortex
I agree that the textures are pretty terrible. I would've made Prismarine a bit more "smooth" looking and the brick variant to be carved in a similar manner to stone bricks in the normal textures. Dark Prismarine looks good as is, though. But that's just my opinion.
06/26/2019 9:50 am
Level 49 : Master Technomancer
unnamedDE
I think the structure of the texture is good, but a slightly darker blue would look very good
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome