Page feeds for forum posts.

Taledus's Avatar Taledus5/12/13 11:08 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 8
5/21/2013 8:55 am
mischajay's Avatar mischajay
There is a list of My Subscription Activity & My Favorites when I log in. It would be great to have a list of forum topics that I have taken part in, or watch, because there is no notification when someone has replied otherwise.
Taledus
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/21/2013 8:55 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner
mischajay
I remember Paril saying something that they plan to change the whole way the forums are working, but at a later point of time, since there are many other more important things to fix about PMC.

If I recall correctly, he mentioned a system that lets you notify your subscribers about certain forum-posts and many other features that would make the PMC forum a little more like a social network like facebook or twitter. So the thing you suggested might be reality somewhen.

All information is subject to change
05/19/2013 7:30 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
I agree with CreeperCarole, this would be a great addition to a site. I'm always trying to find threads I've been in. The "View my posts", area isn't that reliable, as it usually leaves out multiple threads
05/19/2013 7:26 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
that's actually a nice idea. I'd rather see a feed like that then say "last 20 posts in the server section" which I really don't care about. I wonder if we could get Cyprezz and Paril to allow us to customize how our page layout shows up, and let us select things like that?
05/19/2013 6:38 pm
Taledus
Yes.

At the bottom there is a subscribe to topic, and a bookmark topic, yet neither option will have this post show up on the main page.
05/19/2013 6:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Like a "recently posted in" area?
05/19/2013 6:02 pm
Taledus
Sorry ladies and gents, but that is not what I am trying to explain.

I do know about the view your posts that is under the forums link.

What I am trying to explain is a section, on the main page, that a user can see of topics they have participated in.

Yes, this is similar to the view your posts, but it would be on the main page.

Sort of like how you have a mods link, yet have a list of the most recent mods.

Also like how you have a projects link, yet have a list of the most recent projects.

Similar to how you have a blogs link, yet have a list of the most recent blogs.

Likewise how you have a skins link, yet have a list of the most recent skins.

Alternatively like how you have a texture packs link, yet have a list of the most recent texture packs.

Subsequently to how you have a servers link, yet have a list of the most recent servers.
05/12/2013 9:48 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
GraveRunner
What Silver said is basically the way you view those posts and it's better than the alternative to bookmark those webpages and return to them later.
05/12/2013 8:33 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Ehmm.. "View your posts?"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome