Players who left MC for a while and then returned, what changes were tough/surprising for you?

Tragicalmysterywar's Avatar Tragicalmysterywar3/29/20 4:21 pm
7 emeralds 229 9
4/6/2020 7:55 pm
MrBleak's Avatar MrBleak
Just a question for the fun of it.

I largely stopped playing Minecraft around the time of the Combat Update (circa 2016) and only recently have begun playing regularly again. I've been impressed by many additions and changes, especially the addition of concrete (which was much needed - combining the best of wool and terracotta) and End Rods, as well as the minor texture changes done to make blocks like glowstone and gravel less ugly.

On the other hand, i'm still struggling with the name change to "terracotta" and find myself typing "stained clay" half the time, and i can't understand why the "/gamemode s" command was removed/changed.
Tragicalmysterywar
Level 44 : Master Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2020 7:55 pm
Level 1 : New Network
MrBleak
I came back to Minecraft to see all these blocks like cartography tables, smithing tables, and all this other stuff. My friends call me a noob because of it. None of my friends believe how OG i am when it comes to playing minecraft, since 2011. However my best friend keeps telling me the unbelievable story that "He played it when i was 1" and my other best friend who is impulsive always says "Noob! Yes you are, noob! Shut up noob!". The most surprising things or me are the amount of blocks and the biome based arch-types for villagers.
03/31/2020 10:58 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I just came back to try the Nether snapshots.

Don't get me wrong, I love MC, but after you've played a ton of it and gotten older, the "progression" takes maybe a day or 2 to finish. This new update seems shallow and the progression they added is just more strip mining to pad out gameplay. It probably shouldn't have been surprising since that's what the devs have been doing for the life of this game, but anyway...

I'm glad there's a strong modding community to give us more stuff to do with deeper gameplay.
03/31/2020 2:36 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
Obscurum
I think I stopped playing around 2016-2017 because most of my irl friends who I had played with had either lost their interest in MC or had moved on to other games. School stuff was also taking up most of my time. When I returned playing in 2019, I was also lost with the whole stained clay name change. xD I really thought they removed the blocks from the game, until I realized they were just renamed. The aquatic update also made me take a step back and realize how much Minecraft had changed over that time I had not been playing.

It's also fun again watching new MC youtubers and old ones.
03/30/2020 6:11 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Crafter
Zeatehk-0
The Elytra was probably the most surprising for me. I really like it but it was so strange seeing it in-game for the first time.
03/30/2020 2:52 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
It wasn't really a break, but I avoided playing survival in about 2-3 years, so when the 1.13 aquatic update came out and I tried survival again: I was freaked out when all of a sudden a water-zombie attacked me by shooting huge blue arrows at me. I went into options to check if I had accidentally installed some sort of mod, but I later found out that it was a Drowned with a trident which attacked me :')
03/29/2020 4:53 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Bees melted my heart, pillagers scared me to death and I got annoyed out of my mind by the traveling wanderer. 😅
Those are the major "new" things I ran into while playing recently.
03/29/2020 4:38 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
elpideus
I am an old player that started playing before 1.7 and then started modding and creating its own mods. I stopped playing after 1.9 was released. I just lost my interest in the game. I like the new waystone system that is very useful. Again no cave update but I can understand it, a cave update, if done bad could break the balance of the entire game. Caves are the place in wich a vanilla MINEcraft player spends most of his time. Anyway, the nether update is amazing. Finally I don't need any mods to make it look better. I returned to Minecraft cause of these updates. I really think Minecraft will never die.
03/29/2020 4:27 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pig
DraconicPiggy
Well im not an old player, but i used to play on the xbox/bedrock edition (what is bedrock edition anyways) and i find the differences staggering, the java edition has way more stuff than the other editions, its crazy.
03/29/2020 4:41 pm
Level 23 : Expert Ninja
elpideus
MineCraft is a game born as a PC game. Anyway, as a PC player I don't think is fair that they do so many updates only for the PC. But remember that developing for console or mobile a game like Minecraft in wich you have so many complex algorithms is very difficult. I don't know, maybe is not true but I think this is the only reason why they don't update on these devices.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome