Is pmc getting bad?

croshvee's Avatar croshvee2/20/14 11:07 pm
2/21/2014 4:27 am
Azie's Avatar Azie
I think pmc isnt getting to good. here are some reasons the website kinda sucks.

1. I get nicer comments on youtube (where there are 1,000 people watching) than on pmc

2. What's up with these mods? You need other people to help with a website? If you or a couple of your friends are making a website, at least be able to work on it without users helping

3. 80% of these people on pmc are jerks.

4. The website is kinda losing its quality

5. blogs are just getting stupider by the second

6. The chat. OMG!!! mods are letting people spam and tons of other crap and it takes them an hour to ban them.

7. people are just copying other things.

i didnt mean to hate or anything like that, but I just wanted to say that.
croshvee
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/21/2014 4:27 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
1. You asked for criticism and you got it. Some people were not as considerate as they should have been, but you also could have taken the criticism others were trying to give you a lot better.

2. There are over a million users on this site, so yes, we need a staff team. We recruit people who use the site and report because that's more reliable than just promoting your friends.

3. You have not met 800,000+ people and gotten to know them personally.

4. You've been here for 3 months.

5. Report spam blogs.

6. Report spammers.

7. Report theft.

Also...

ParilA community needs good users to maintain itself. Posting complaints with no proof or standing is not helping the community at all. How can you argue against other peoples' contributions if your contribution here is "omg dis plaec sux!!"?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
02/21/2014 3:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
basketballboy2003
AnimeFanFTW
croshveeI think pmc isnt getting to good. here are some reasons the website kinda sucks.

1. I get nicer comments on youtube (where there are 1,000 people watching) than on pmc

2. What's up with these mods? You need other people to help with a website? If you or a couple of your friends are making a website, at least be able to work on it without users helping

6. The chat. OMG!!! mods are letting people spam and tons of other crap and it takes them an hour to ban them.

1. Really? I see alot of nice comments on PMC. The comments I see on Youtube sometimes is just horrible.

2. Without the mods, PMC would be in disarray

3. You must know alot of jerks then. I know alot of nice people on this site.

4. Meh, I kinda agree, but also disagree.

5. I do have to agree about that. But there is always people who will post quality blogs.

6. Mods do not let people spam. And it doesn't matter how long it takes them to ban them, as long as the spam doesn't continue, it's fine. And because of the mods, there isn't a ton of spam on chat.

7. That isn't PMC's fault. It's other people's fault.

I agree. number 8 should be people always use the right "to" and "too" properly. Lets disagree on that also and you can see at the start of the blog
02/21/2014 3:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
basketballboy2003
number 5 is quite true. this blog is a good example.

you are an idiot dude. if anything PMC is getting better.
02/21/2014 2:41 am
Level 27 : Expert Blockhead
Shady_Moma
Not really
02/21/2014 2:12 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
croshveeI think pmc isnt getting to good. here are some reasons the website kinda sucks.

1. Really? I see alot of nice comments on PMC. The comments I see on Youtube sometimes is just horrible.

2. Without the mods, PMC would be in disarray

3. You must know alot of jerks then. I know alot of nice people on this site.

4. Meh, I kinda agree, but also disagree.

5. I do have to agree about that. But there is always people who will post quality blogs.

6. Mods do not let people spam. And it doesn't matter how long it takes them to ban them, as long as the spam doesn't continue, it's fine. And because of the mods, there isn't a ton of spam on chat.

7. That isn't PMC's fault. It's other people's fault.
02/20/2014 11:40 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Architect
PizzaPenguin_
I personally feel that the community has plummeted... maybe that's just me.
02/20/2014 11:43 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
Not really PMC but minecraft has x3
02/20/2014 11:35 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
Mememe41
1. Nicer comments? You are not getting hate, its criticism. :l

2. This site won't even be up without mods.

3. 80%? Jerks? Less then 5% of people here are jerks.

4. You have been here for 3 months. PMC only goes forward.

5. Blogs have always been stupid. Like I said, only 3 months.

6. Mods have lives, you know.

7. Many websites have stolen things, like Deviant Art, Youtube, etc.
02/20/2014 11:43 pm
McJackson3180
Idk if I would call myself a jerk or not, I'm not exactly mean but I get angry and fired up easily.
02/20/2014 11:28 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Dragonborn
XLostLokiX
PMC is ok to me. I just get on post my world and learn from others then do it my own way.
02/20/2014 11:22 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
As Paril said, just use the report button if you see someone breaking rules.

And also, even though PMC can be a good site if you are using it right, nobody forced you to stay here. It was your decision to make an account and it was your decision to stay. So I guess if you don't like the way things are going, either just find new people to hang out with, or that's that.
02/20/2014 11:21 pm
McJackson3180
Don't expect to go on a site like this and hate on the staff, honestly I feel bad for all the BS the staff get on here :/, they do their job and get no pay since it is volunteer. Dealing with people like you and taking down unoriginal teen skins all day.
02/20/2014 11:19 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
deadacct
If you ask for criticism, you get criticism. That isn't people being rude, keep that in mind.
And I'm going to assume you mean the site mods, so... what? How does this make any sense? This site has over a million members; one person can't look after all this site's members.
I haven't been on PMC for the longest time, only since November, but overall the community is friendly. The mods work hard to keep this site at its best, as well.
02/20/2014 11:19 pm
McJackson3180
If you mean the PMC mods than a website with 1 million registered users and 6k-11k people on at a time you'll need a staff to keep things straight...
02/20/2014 11:16 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Narwhal
croshvee
ParilUse the report button.

If you feel a ban was unjust, talk to a moderator of a higher level. It's hard for them to learn if you don't do anything about it.

You haven't met even 5% of the users on PMC, and you've only been here for about 3 months. I've been here for many years, and this site only goes in one direction: forward.

and to many boy band refrences
02/20/2014 11:15 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Use the report button.

If you feel a ban was unjust, talk to a moderator of a higher level. It's hard for them to learn if you don't do anything about it.

You haven't met even 5% of the users on PMC, and you've only been here for about 3 months. I've been here for many years, and this site only goes in one direction: forward.

A community needs good users to maintain itself. Posting complaints with no proof or standing is not helping the community at all. How can you argue against other peoples' contributions if your contribution here is "omg dis plaec sux!!"?
02/21/2014 3:25 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
FuzionPVPServer
That doesent work if you get inalid banned by miss_shadows
02/21/2014 3:33 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
If you contacted a higher up and they agree, chances are it's not an invalid ban. Without context it's impossible to tell.
02/21/2014 2:26 am
Level 42 : Master Mage
Pixel
I haven't even been here for three months but I agree with this. It's very well said.
02/20/2014 11:14 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
1. Have there been any hateful comments? You can easily just delete them, or block them from commenting. And you can also report so we can take care of it.

2. Yea, I know right? I mean, why do we need so many mods and other users helping to manage 1.5 million users? Let just one person go insane trying to moderate everything.

3. Not really, more like 5%... there are nice people everywhere here.

5. It has been that way for a while - but there are so many blogs posted, it is hard to moderate them all.

6. I don't really see that - mods are usually very fast in banning spammers.

7. Again, 50 or so mods can only do so much to moderate every single thing.

In other words, you are mostly wrong. Also, wrong section - move to Site Discussion and Support.
02/20/2014 11:20 pm
McJackson3180
Thanks
02/20/2014 11:12 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
Agree, I think that this website is full of haters in the forums.

BTW I get banned a LOT for invalid reasons (Sometimes valid )
02/20/2014 11:11 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
1. You're just hanging with the wrong crowd.

2. Minecraft Mods or like PMC Mods?

3. See 1.

4. It's pretty good, wouldn't say bad but not amazing.

5. True though, seems like everything is the same.

6. Never been through chat.

7. That's life.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome