PMC Google Chrome App

WvrLight's Avatar WvrLight4/29/12 8:54 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 33
5/22/2012 10:00 am
Windows7HomePremium's Avatar Windows7HomePremium
Hey guys, I was scrolling through the Chrome Webstore to get websites easy to access, but I found no PMC app was there. I was thinking, "PMC should add a Google Chrome app for easy access to Google Chrome users!" And now I am here, to suggest you this feature!

It would a great idea for Google Chrome users, since you don't need to type the address again and again, just 1 click of the mouse.

WvrLight
Level 44 : Master Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/19/2012 5:43 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
Karenthian
Okay, despite saying it's pointless (it still is) I've made a PMC chrome app as a 5 minute project. If you want it I will happily email it to you (I can't see Cyprez having a problem with that) but I can't upload it to the chrome store because I don't own PMC, and you can only upload linking apps for websites you own.
If Cyprez is reading this and wants the code to upload I'm happy to do that as well.
Contact me if you want a copy, this is JUST a PMC app (click; opens PMC) because some people wanted one.
~Karenthian~
05/03/2012 10:55 am
Karenthian
I've already posted a link to a step by step guide to making one. Anybody on here who can read English with at least GCSE skill will be able to make one. They're not difficult, or particularly interesting.
Extensions are the way to go people!
~Karenthian~
05/03/2012 10:42 am
Level 46 : Master Gent
Jetthebuizel
Would be quite easy to make too. I am a Chromie person too! Would just have to make an icon with a direct link to PMC front page.
05/01/2012 11:21 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
Aaron1818
use mozilla fox (fire fox) its the best
05/02/2012 8:32 am
Karenthian
Sadly; irrelevance. This has nothing to do with browsers, it's about chrome apps. Please don't start a war as to which is best, keep to the topic.

If you want to make an app that is nothing but a link to PMC, do this: http://www.vikitech.com/2398/create-chrome-web-apps
It'll give you a good guide, and then you will have your app! And it'll work! You could submit it to the chrome store, but to be honest I don't think it's necessary.

If you want to be a clever showoffy person, look up how to build an extension, hook it into the PMC API (if there is one, if not; CYPRESS CAN WE HAS API?) and have a button you'll click that'll automatically show your inbox and forum topic replies.
~Karenthian~
04/30/2012 12:49 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Scribe
Forum Troll
It literally takes me 2 seconds to type planetminecraft.com
05/01/2012 11:17 pm
WvrLight
It takes me a split second to click the PMC button if there was an app for it. Sadly, the others who use the most visited tab takes a split second too.
04/30/2012 12:52 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
Nox Aeterna
^
This
04/30/2012 12:43 pm
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
halucid
SOLUTION:

-Go to PMC's front page
-Right Click on the tab
-Select "Pin tab"

That way, you can keep your homepage, and you'll easily be able to switch to PMC... every time you open Chrome!

This is, after all, the whole reason Google gave us this feature... use it!
04/30/2012 12:12 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blob
Nox Aeterna
Or.... you could just make it your Homepage, like I did...
04/30/2012 11:54 am
Karenthian
Use this; you could make one yourself.
http://www.appinventor.mit.edu/
I've tried it, and it's pretty fantastic.
04/30/2012 12:44 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
That looks interesting, I'll definitely check it out!
(My request for an official PMC phone app still stands, though!)
04/30/2012 11:45 am
Karenthian
Read my post; bookmarks do NOT take longer if you're using them normally! I don't know what you're doing with them, but loading a new tab and hitting a link takes longer than just hitting a link! They don't make it faster, they don't make it better.
Extensions are an improvement because they take a part of the site with you whatever page you're on, apps that are just a hyperlink are that... a hyperlink. There is no point to them whatsoever.
04/30/2012 11:02 am
WvrLight
Doggleif you type in the link once all you should do is type p into the url bar and it should come up with http://www.planetminecraft.com immeadiately (unless you have anothe 'p' website) so yeah. Also I suggest you use bookmarks or the most recent viewed or that. I am a chrome user so i just type in p and it comes up with pmc, i go 'p' 'enter'. Easy as pi (as the saying goes)!

Apping is the easiest way if using apps commonly. Most recent could be useful, but bookmarks give you a more longer process (longer for about .50 secods)
04/30/2012 5:41 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
MCAnimatedAdventures
If it notified you of events (replies and messages, updates to favorited projects) then I may use it, but otherwise, no
04/30/2012 4:20 am
Karenthian
I cannot stand apps that are just a link to a website. They are pointless. Stick the bookmark in your "Bookmarks Bar" and you have one click to load it up (ctrl+click if you want a new tab) rather than opening a new tab and THEN clicking it.
Apps = no good.
An extension would be an interesting idea. Something like the facebook alert extension but for PMC; links to messages and forum replies in one place on the extension bar.
But no apps. You want an app that acts like a bookmark; make one yourself. They're incredibly dull and easy to do.
04/30/2012 11:01 am
WvrLight
But they make visiting the site easier
04/30/2012 2:43 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
if you type in the link once all you should do is type p into the url bar and it should come up with www.planetminecraft.com immeadiately (unless you have anothe 'p' website) so yeah. Also I suggest you use bookmarks or the most recent viewed or that. I am a chrome user so i just type in p and it comes up with pmc, i go 'p' 'enter'. Easy as pi (as the saying goes)!
04/30/2012 2:00 am
WvrLight
RoxthesoxIs it really that hard to type out the url or click on the most visited tab? I don't see the point really.

It's really easy to do the stuff you did (obviously ), but it's really useful to those who use Chrome apps commonly. Though I got an app called Awesome New Tab Page that changes the tab page and allows you to add pages, adding seems pretty useful.
04/29/2012 6:21 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
RiotShielder
I love chrome bookmarks, though I set it to only show in the new tab bar, a app would be kinda pointless, though I would love a iPhone app
05/22/2012 10:00 am
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
You wouldn't be able to download nor post if it was an iPhone app.
05/02/2012 9:01 am
Level 36 : Artisan Hunter
Ploopyandproud
Same here.
04/29/2012 6:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
lugiya2
Im a chrome user to so that would be great
04/29/2012 10:33 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Pig
Yeeya
LightofDeath
That would be a great idea as I am myself a Chrome user

Awesome idea so Bump!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's so useless...

Then don't go waste your time saying this is useless and ignore it. 'nuff said.

I suppose, but couldn't you just add Planet Minecraft to your favourites? It's also just one click.

Yea... Add it as a bookmark?

Sorry, I've hated bookmarking since I used Google Chrome.

plus if you visit PMC regularly on chrome it comes up in your most visited on a new tab

What shows up is the apps tab. Either way, both are useful (The most visited and the app)

I agree, the bookmarks in Google Chrome are fiddly and very annoying to use, but at least you only have to click them. Or something. I'm not really clear on how you use them.
04/29/2012 9:50 am
Level 90 : Overlord Pixel Painter
halucid
Actually, all I've ever wanted outta life was a PMC Smartphone App. Here's to dreaming.
04/30/2012 11:49 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
That would be amazing. My phone absolutely blows at displaying websites that aren't ridiculously pared down for mobile, so an app would be amazing.
04/29/2012 9:46 am
Level 32 : Artisan Goblin
LukeBaxter77
plus if you visit PMC regularly on chrome it comes up in your most visited on a new tab
04/29/2012 9:11 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
04/29/2012 9:06 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Pig
Yeeya
I suppose, but couldn't you just add Planet Minecraft to your favourites? It's also just one click.
04/29/2012 9:04 am
Level 41 : Master Herobrine
yoavsnake
It's so useless...
04/29/2012 8:59 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
Nngag
Awesome idea so Bump!
04/29/2012 8:57 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
lukek11
That would be a great idea as I am myself a Chrome user
04/29/2012 10:27 am
WvrLight
Awesome idea so Bump!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's so useless...

Then don't go waste your time saying this is useless and ignore it. 'nuff said.

Sorry, I've hated bookmarking since I used Google Chrome.

What shows up is the apps tab. Either way, both are useful (The most visited and the app)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome