PMCSA need a new chief

ProGamingCrew's Avatar ProGamingCrew4/18/13 2:32 pm
1 emeralds 2.7k 145
5/16/2013 8:08 am
Teddy's Avatar Teddy
I saw that Teddy locked the PMCSA Skin battle thingy and teddy said if some1 take over it will continue. PMCSA id dead and we need a new chief. I recommend Bibisaur DinowCookies lil sis. Your opinion:
ProGamingCrew
Level 45 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/16/2013 8:08 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Teddy
I have talked to a few Elite members in the past, and from what I have been told and from what I have seen - it is decided that the PMCSA is now inactive.

Everyone is free to separate and create their own little groups,
(recruitment-and-teamwork-f86.html post them here)

For now, this thread is locked.
If the Elite members now band together to create PMCSA again - I would appreciate if they contacted me so I can move, close and unlock certain threads.
Thanks.
05/16/2013 7:50 am
Level 24 : Expert Network
NOTAVALIABLE
Seivelath
mincraftED
Dohvakiin

i am not saying that im just saying that lvl 1 people are new to this stuff

You do know that one of our SITE moderators is a level 1? I think he has way more experience with stuff than BOTH of us do.
i am sorry level 1 site mod very sorryyy

Edit:yes that post was a while ago sooooo obviously i elect doh

PMCSA is dead, leave this thread alone
1 word never
05/16/2013 7:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
mincraftED
Dohvakiin
mincraftED

You do know that one of our SITE moderators is a level 1? I think he has way more experience with stuff than BOTH of us do.

PMCSA is dead, leave this thread alone
05/16/2013 7:38 am
NOTAVALIABLE
Dohvakiin
mincraftED

05/16/2013 6:55 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Dragon
LithiumSedai
I was inactive for a period of time and I have no idea what happened to PMCSA. i already put a note on my profile, if someone is kind enough to PM me with the details, please do so.

Anyway.
I trust the judgement of the elite members. I was not an elite at the time, but my skinning skill has improved over time; I'd like to be notified about the elite members' decision and get involved with the group if possible.
05/16/2013 4:59 am
Level 71 : Legendary Skinner
Auri
Yes, kick me out.
05/16/2013 4:49 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lad
NubNoobNewb
i came 3rd place in that scrap PMCSA and still havnt gotten my prize rofl
04/22/2013 2:51 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Unicorn
CuteMurphy
I would say.
1. get an elite member that is qualified for the job
2. kick out all the other just normal members
04/20/2013 5:20 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Ninja
LeafNode
Look, as an Elite. I suggest we kick all the non-Elite members out and start from scratch.

We can discuss this in the Skype Group.
04/20/2013 2:18 pm
Level 24 : Expert Zombie
spydeyboy87
i could clean it up
04/20/2013 2:16 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Blurberrie
Yeah,We will have to clean everything up :l
04/20/2013 3:45 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Either one would work, and like it was stated many times in this thread a new name, and of course an entirely new ethos (based entirely around helping people, and not just making people more popular) would benefit everybody. In my honest opinion, the reputation of PMCSA as a whole has been tarnished greatly as a result of this whole situation. I think one only needs to read the first few pages of this thread to realize why.

And again, as I said above.. it only took one. One person, one decision. This wasn't a group decision to close down based on x reason, this was one decision made by one person that essentially caused everybody to believe that PMCSA as a whole is gone for good and that such a thing no longer exists.

-P
04/20/2013 3:44 am
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Dohvakiin
Yuki201 If not, I'm sure one of us elites could take the ideas being thrown around in the Skype group and create a new society/association.

Or, someone else could start a new skinning group
04/20/2013 3:43 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bunny
Yuki
Again, I implore all of the elites to actually think about this whole situation from a different, more objective viewpoint. If it isn't already your main focus, the focus should be the community and how you're going to continue helping people. You've done a fantastic job of bringing in new skinners and getting everybody together, and there is absolutely no reason that because of the actions of one, single person that this entire group needs to disappear.

Well...we are working out if the elites are going to take over. If not, I'm sure one of us elites could take the ideas being thrown around in the Skype group and create a new society/association.
04/20/2013 3:40 am
Paril
Cipher_Punk
Paril I even made the Site Moderator group on Skype with Block_Fortress

Excuse me wut?

Site Mod group, not the regular one.

Yuki201
Example: if you, Yuki201, left the PMCSA, what would happen?

Nothing as I do not run it...

A leader should not be the end-all of a group, that's why I made the analogy to myself & the mod group. If I left there'd probably be a bit of wondering about how things are going to change but nothing immediate and it would quickly "recover" (if it were even to break, which is unlikely) because of the way the moderation team is set up. I feel that if the group breaks because of a component snapping off, there is something very wrong going on.

Again, I implore all of the elites to actually think about this whole situation from a different, more objective viewpoint. If it isn't already your main focus, the focus should be the community and how you're going to continue helping people. You've done a fantastic job of bringing in new skinners and getting everybody together, and there is absolutely no reason that because of the actions of one, single person that this entire group needs to disappear.

@ the other silly conversation, levels are a measure of original content, not necessarily your experience in any particular field.

-P
04/20/2013 3:37 am
Dohvakiin
mincraftED

04/20/2013 3:35 am
NOTAVALIABLE
Improvised Artist
mincraftED
DohvakiinI nominate the_soup as new great-and-powerful-leader of the PMCSA.

i second this nomination

I third it

I 4th it

[/quote]I have already talked to the soup, and she agrees that we must have a temporary leader. I will become temp leader untill we get this all organized. the_soup does not have time to run this.[/quote]

you cant just say you are the leader especially if your lvl 2 and not me either cause im only lvl 12[/quote]

Just because you're a level 2 or 12 doesn't necessarily mean both of you lack the efficiency to run a group like PMCSA. What you just said was very incompetent way of reducing people who can actually do something for a change. Losing good chief is very bad for the group, and you are just suggesting that the higher the level, the better of the leader...[/quote]

04/20/2013 3:21 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
Cipher_Punk
Paril I even made the Site Moderator group on Skype with Block_Fortress

Excuse me wut?
04/20/2013 3:20 am
Yuki
Example: if you, Yuki201, left the PMCSA, what would happen?

Nothing as I do not run it...
04/20/2013 3:19 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Improvised Artist
I think their best bet is to just rule, as an oligarchy. Since the founder retired, then the ones in this case could just be the elites themselves to look after the group. A group of elites who equally own the group wouldn't go in dystopia. because their is more people who can handle the group. It's just an idea, but it might just work...
04/20/2013 3:14 am
Paril
There are a lot of inactive moderators too, but they don't bring the entire group down; the team functions in such a way that removing one of us will not destroy everything. I think that that is the definition of an association/group/team. Example: if you, Yuki201, left the PMCSA, what would happen? Likely nothing. If Devil_in_Person left, what would happen? Probably nothing either. I don't know many other elites off by heart, but consider that they have other things to do in life and decide to leave. What happens? Nothing. That's selflessness. The group functions with one or more of its components missing.

Dinowcookie leaves, and all of a sudden the group is in shambles and nobody knows what to do, and she is deciding the entire fate of a group that is supposed to be about helping people even though she already proclaimed that she is going to let it die. That, in my opinion, is not selflessness.

My main point is that there should not be a thread about needing a new chief, but rather a thread about reformation of its policies.

-P
04/20/2013 3:14 am
Level 72 : Legendary Scribe
OliverFrenchie
I think a problem began to rise when PMCSA started accepting people here and there and that the group became too big to control and thats why you've ended up in this situation now. If you really want a new chief for the group, why not just pick one of the most trustworthy and mature elite members currently to sort things out.
04/20/2013 3:09 am
Yuki
Focused learning - help the newbies gain recognition and hone their skills. That's what it was supposed to be, right? Does her leaving PMC require that everybody who wishes to learn just stop learning?

Yes that is what we were supposed to be. No, people do not just stop learning, they can go to some of their preferred skinners on PMC if they choose to and ask for help (me if they want to). I'm sure people would be willing to help new skinners. Us elites and Dinow are still figuring out whether we want it to continue and if we do, we will create something so we can help people to get better.

PMCSA is a large circle on PMC. Somebody needs to man up and help the entire group figure out what direction it's going to take.

You are absolutely correct. PMCSA is a large circle, but it's too large for itself now, there are a lot of inactive members. Those people we cannot teach, we would if they were active and asked for help. We are currently discussing if the elites step up and take over from now on.
04/20/2013 2:57 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Paril just legitimately renamed our moderation skype chat group to 'Paril's PMC Moderator Group'. So I hope you guys are happy. xD
04/20/2013 2:50 am
Paril
So, the new/reformed group is based entirely around her. That's cool, but PMCSA is based around PMC as an entire community. Focused learning - help the newbies gain recognition and hone their skills. That's what it was supposed to be, right? Does her leaving PMC require that everybody who wishes to learn just stop learning?

Associations and groups are supposed to be selfless. While they need a leader, the entire group does not revolve around that one person. A lot of the moderators seem to think of me as a head figure, mostly due to the rank & what Cyprezz has entrusted me with, and heck I even made the Site Moderator group on Skype with Block_Fortress, but that doesn't mean that I run "Paril's PMC Moderators Group". We are a selfless entity composed of many different forms of management. When new members are inducted, we essentially "lose our ranks" so to speak to help the new moderators learn all of their new positions. Site mods will do chat moderation just to teach this new moderator how it's done. We work one on one with them, as a team, to bring everybody into the circle and leave nobody out. That's what an association should be. Even if I were to leave PMC right now, the moderator group would not suddenly not know what to do for two weeks and be headless. Any one of those people in the groups could essentially take over my position - but my position is irrelevant because we are a team.

Just my two cents as somebody who, unwillingly (but not regrettably), landed into the position I am in today. BTW, I love every minute of working with the PMC Moderators & the PMC Community in general, and there are times in both cases where we all need to "get our crap together". Now is one of those times. PMCSA is a large circle on PMC. Somebody needs to, and eventually will (if it has not already happened), man up and help the entire group figure out what direction it's going to take.

-P
04/20/2013 2:45 am
Yuki
She. Is. Gone.

You think I don't know this? I am elite member, I talk to her on a daily basis. I know she does not want it to continue. If it were to continue, the elites should take over, or the more responsible elites. As for someone else taking over, don't, create a new group.
04/20/2013 2:43 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Dragon
Dralyona
ParilI feel like I have to add to one thing.

but don't just create a PMCSA V2, don't feed off of Dinow's popularity.

Isn't this irrelevant? Isn't PMCSA supposed to be about the members learning, and not a popularity contest? Does it really matter who created it? Like I said when this whole thing went down, the PMCSA will live on, whether in name or in spirit, in another form. The (intended) focus of the group was to be community-based, hence "PMC"SA, not "Dinowcookie's Skin Association". If that is the case, then there should be no problem with somebody taking it over. I don't see how this is even an argument, honestly.

Choosing who takes it over is, however, the job of those who are currently higher up in the ranks of said association. This isn't a free title, at least not until it's stated to have died completely (and even then you'd probably be better off picking another name).

-P

The funny thing is...it is being discussed about changing the name to the DCSA (Dinowcookie Skinning Assiciation) when the dispute occurred and dinow pretty much left PMC. And a reason for that is we live on.
04/20/2013 2:36 am
Paril
I feel like I have to add to one thing.

but don't just create a PMCSA V2, don't feed off of Dinow's popularity.

Isn't this irrelevant? Isn't PMCSA supposed to be about the members learning, and not a popularity contest? Does it really matter who created it? Like I said when this whole thing went down, the PMCSA will live on, whether in name or in spirit, in another form. The (intended) focus of the group was to be community-based, hence "PMC"SA, not "Dinowcookie's Skin Association". If that is the case, then there should be no problem with somebody taking it over. I don't see how this is even an argument, honestly.

Choosing who takes it over is, however, the job of those who are currently higher up in the ranks of said association. This isn't a free title, at least not until it's stated to have died completely (and even then you'd probably be better off picking another name).

-P
04/20/2013 2:29 am
Level 29 : Expert Toast
CleverUserName01
I went to Dinow's profile and it said
"I was #1 most contributions
Reached #101 on the websites overall rankings
I was near 500.000 XP
Reached level 65
Had 2748 subscribers
Was one skin away from 400"
and all skins were removed
04/20/2013 2:22 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Meme
The Masked Bandit
Guys seriously the PMCSA is over. Don't go trying to catch the tailwind of what was a huge society. There is no need for a copy of the PMCSA. I talked to dinow and she doesnt want the PMCSA to continue. So you are free to make a scoiety similar to the PMCSA but don't associate your society with it in any way.
04/20/2013 2:21 am
Yuki
Look, let us elite member sort out what we want to do first. If we want it to continue, we will take action and take control. If we don't feel free to make your own organisation, but don't just create a PMCSA V2, don't feed off of Dinow's popularity. We still discuss things such as the PMCSA's future in the Skype group, so don't think it's over just yet. As Dralyona said, we are currently incognito. If you wanted to take over the PMCSA, you would need to ask DinowCookie for permission, don't just go "Oh look, Dinow's gone, we don't need her permission." because that is not true and even if you did ask, I highly doubt you would get permission to.
04/20/2013 2:26 am
Dohvakiin
Dinow is no longer in the group. This isnt her group on PMC anymore. that's like saying 'oh, the president of the united states got impeached, i guess the united states is over now
04/20/2013 2:30 am
Yuki
No, because it isn't on PMC anymore. It's still her group though, she created it. The fact that it's moved elsewhere does not mean you can just take over without permission. Plus for now, we are incognito. Us elites are trying to work some stuff out.
04/20/2013 2:38 am
Dohvakiin
Fine. Do what you'd like. But as stated above, Dinow does NOT want it to continue and Dinow does NOT own this anymore. She. Is. Gone.
04/20/2013 2:25 am
Level 43 : Master Modder
MrJohnson5
Masked Bandit said:"I talked to dinow and she doesnt want the PMCSA to continue."
04/20/2013 2:09 am
Level 43 : Master Modder
MrJohnson5
I agree with Dralyona on 1 point. That no one, Including the Person who started this Post has any Permission, To elect a new Leader. I dont know why he posted this, but since he cannot sort his sentences out with actual grammar im guessing he has no Authority at all.
I although, have to disagree on the point you made with this Group being not dead. To tell you the truth, Its a mess. This group needs Moderators, Admins, People to keep this Wreck under Control.
As many, many people have already stated before, This group is full of people who have stolen skins, and the group has done nothing about it. But, once again. You cannot just come out an say: Eeeehh im the leader hail the almighty!
04/20/2013 2:09 am
Dohvakiin
Dinow is out if the picture. if she had any desire of having an influence over the group after she left, she would have given you guys instructions. She didn't. It is not her organization anymore. That does not mean that a new and better organized community of skinners can be made. I am not that much of a skinner, but everyone here is either arguing that Dinow should come back or something else. No one has been willing to take action. I see people posting "I can take over" but they don't do anything about it. As I type this, I have started typing a new thread for a new group. I apologize for any misunderstandings.
04/20/2013 2:08 am
Dralyona
PMCSA is the name of a skinning association that Dinowcookie was the first to come up with. If they wanted to they can easily go create a planet minecraft skinning buddies association. But PMCSA is taken.
04/20/2013 2:07 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Improvised Artist
mincraftED
Dohvakiin
springhappygirlI nominate the_soup as new great-and-powerful-leader of the PMCSA.

i second this nomination

I third it [/quote]
I 4th it [/quote]

[/quote]I have already talked to the soup, and she agrees that we must have a temporary leader. I will become temp leader untill we get this all organized. the_soup does not have time to run this.[/quote]

you cant just say you are the leader especially if your lvl 2 and not me either cause im only lvl 12[/quote]

Just because you're a level 2 or 12 doesn't necessarily mean both of you lack the efficiency to run a group like PMCSA. What you just said was very incompetent way of reducing people who can actually do something for a change. Losing good chief is very bad for the group, and you are just suggesting that the higher the level, the better of the leader...
04/20/2013 2:04 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Let them talk, for all we know it is dead or not dead, people have a right to speak up about it, Skinning Associations could have many names such as the PMCSB- Planet minecraft skinning buddies as an example. PMCSA is just the name that people know.
04/20/2013 2:03 am
Dralyona
You cannot announce yourself as chief of our group without Dinow's permission.
04/20/2013 2:00 am
Dralyona
I think that all you guys should just leave the PMCSA alone because it is NOT dead and is only incognito. Make your own association. You can't really just say "Oh let's take over PMCSA without any permission at all! What a great idea!".

You do realize that Dinow's association is dinow's association. If it were disbanded then the elite member chat would not be discussing skins and PMC and being active.

04/20/2013 2:08 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
Thank you Dral. The fact of the mater remains that while anyone can "take over" the PMCSA, all those that have volunteered however are lower class skinners, I hate to be harsh, but have a look at Dralyona's profile and compare it to yours just for an idea of what elite members are capable of. Wait until the remnants of the elite members have made up their minds before launching your "neo-PMCSA", or alternatively, make your own association, one that is not 800 members big and impossible to manage effectively
04/20/2013 1:54 am
Dohvakiin
springhappygirlI nominate the_soup as new great-and-powerful-leader of the PMCSA.

i second this nomination [/quote]

I third it [/quote]
I 4th it [/quote]

I have already talked to the soup, and she agrees that we must have a temporary leader. I will become temp leader untill we get this all organized. the_soup does not have time to run this.
04/20/2013 1:50 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
Key To My Soul
I nominate the_soup as new great-and-powerful-leader of the PMCSA.[/quote]
i second this nomination [/quote]

I third it [/quote]
I 4th it
04/20/2013 1:48 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
Key To My Soul
Well I nominate myself I make the most original skins
Or the_soup
Or dinowcookies little sis
04/20/2013 1:42 am
Level 42 : Master Giraffe
GoldeNugget
PMCSA needs a restart. And before applying user back the leader should check is the skin stolen or not. That's my opinion
04/20/2013 1:38 am
LadySpiderwick
New management is needed, the best of our skinners e.g. DinowCookie, Aquatta etc are leaving because of problems which seems to stem partially from the PMCSA or whatever the name of the group.

I have no idea what ideas to suggest but if someone steals a skin or someone else's idea, REPORT IT, if a mod does not respond, tell another mod because this is one of the best sites for minecraft skins and if our good skinners are leaving what is that saying?

There's no perfect party but you guys who are involved need to seriously step up your act, we members can do our part and assist the moderators of this site. Everyone plays a part and this association, this site, cannot work if there is conflict or there is problems. There's very few people who are great skinners, I love great skins
but I'll be perfectly honest 90% of skins I see are absolutely crap and don't even deserve to be on.

FIX your problems guys cause this site is only gonna go downhill as I've seen server/s go downhill, mods, you are doing great and if you're not doing as good, step it up so those of us who enjoy surfing and looking for skins, maps etc can enjoy our time and not be deterred or leave.
04/20/2013 1:43 am
Dohvakiin
That is why I have decided to step up! This organization is in complete disarray. I am very good at organization, so hopefully this could be fixed soon

@GoldeNugget I was planning on doing that ;D
04/20/2013 1:56 am
LadySpiderwick
Even if you don't step up the chance to lead, I hope that there will be someone. I believe that there needs to be a standard of skin uploading. I think we all get that it takes time and experience to make skins, sometimes skins are crap cause the user couldn't be bothered to make it look good.
There NEEDS to be some sort of standard because a lot of different young skinners look up to the more experienced skinners (if they're serious enough to develop their skills with skinning).

I think that the rules need to be toughened up and that there should be some warning system, that if you're reported once for copying a skin, a warning, anymore and a ban for a period of time and ultimately cancelling the account if the person continuously copies stuff. DinowCookie for example was one of those great skinners who left due to their own reasons, others too are struggling because others are copying them and not getting in trouble.
A great skinner enjoys his/her work but it people keep copying their stuff to the point where they DON'T want to uploading things like skins it shows a lack of punishment or playing ignorant (NOT implying that the moderators aren't doing their best, I'm just saying)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome