Randomizing Contest Submission Orders

janidorr's Avatar janidorr10/28/13 9:24 pm
1 emeralds 127
Note: this applies to contests only

I've seen this problem in the last couple contests. which is that when entering submissions for contests closes and people start diamonding and judging, the order in which they were entered stayed the same. What this meant was that all the latest submissions got the most views because they were always the first page of submissions and I also saw that pretty mediocre builds in the latest Rollercoaster Contest got into the Finalists just because they were on the first page of submissions. There were some pretty good builds that were hiding in pages 10 - 15 after that no one got to see. This is giving out a sort of advantage to the very latest submitters but not as much to the first posters, even if their builds/skins were good.

All I'm proposing is that when someone views the contest submissions after the submitting period is closed, the order should be randomized each time, this would allow more distribution of views around all the submissions for everyone to see. I don't know about coding and such and if this is difficult, but for me and other content creators in contests, it would be nice if people could base a build off it's goodness, not its' submission date.
janidorr
Retired Moderator
Level 48 : Master Artist