ReCaptcha on PMC?

edge_to_madness's Avatar edge_to_madness3/29/13 9:39 pm
1 emeralds 195 6
4/8/2013 9:06 pm
SailorMoon's Avatar SailorMoon
Many of you are probably familiar with the Minecraft server advertisement website known as Minestatus, and if you've ever voted for a server on there, you'll know that voting on Minestatus is SOO much quicker, easier, and less prone to error than the shape-counting system that PMC uses. My server members seem to prefer voting on Minestatus WAY more than voting on PMC, I believe one of them said "Ugh! I hate counting squares!!". And I agree with them. I think the site would be a lot better if voting used the ReCaptcha tool rather than the anti-bot verification system they use now. You guys agree? Post it in the comments if you wanna see this on PMC!

Happy Snipin!
~Edge
edge_to_madness
Level 41 : Master Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/08/2013 9:06 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Enderdragon
SailorMoon
Well, I have no problem with the current one. Though it may be hard for some, Iv'e hand no issues.
04/08/2013 3:32 pm
Level 41 : Master Hunter
edge_to_madness
Cool! I hope the new system is easier and less prone to error than the current one! I hate counting squares..

Ok I dont know how to count, but still!
03/29/2013 10:02 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
ReCaptcha is easy to bot. There are hundreds of services dedicated online to doing it. That's the problem with using ReCaptcha and why we even bothered to make our own.

We will be using a new system in the future but I can't really give any info on it.

-P
04/08/2013 9:02 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragon
awesomedude1226
Why not? I want to start botting the idea right NAO!!
03/29/2013 10:00 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
The Captcha is just to prevent bots. Seriously, it's more fair to do that then have people botting votes.
03/29/2013 9:49 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
NewerthEmperor
I agree with you. Minestatus is way easier and user friendly compared to this kind. And less annoying, it would be great to have that fixed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome