Right place to post 3D animations

animationcraftpg5's Avatar animationcraftpg55/1/12 7:26 am
1 emeralds 311 3
5/1/2012 8:22 am
FoxOfDoom's Avatar FoxOfDoom
Hey PMC-team,

I've started posting my 3D animations on this site some time ago - as a project, because there's even a category for them ("3D Art"). Later some of them were moved by moderators to a blog post (category "other").

I have to admit I'm a bit confused - how is a "other" blog more suitable for a 3D animation than a "3D Art" project?^^
I understand that projects are ment to be in progress and updated some times, but when I look at the other big Youtubers here, none of them does publish unfinished projects. Also I've got the feeling that blogs get a lot less attention, so I'd be happy to be able to post as a projects again

Anyways, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this and maybe we can work something out

-animationcraft
animationcraftpg5
Level 55 : Grandmaster Pyro

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2012 8:22 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
So basically, we're talking about what 3D art is and isn't. I do understand your animations are a form of 3D art, but that doesn't mean every piece is always animated. Take this & this project for example. Even though they aren't animated, the submissions can still be considered 3D art. The jist of this is that we're dealing with two different types of art, correct? Or should I say categories..

Regardless, I would think if you included a download/screen shots along with your video and a world download (Optional) when uploading them as a project, then it would be fine in that section.
05/01/2012 8:04 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Pyro
animationcraftpg5
Well most of the maps are build ingame and then exported, animated and rendered - so there is some sort of in-game relation, but I see your point.

As for the 200 subscribers - thats only about half a percent of the subscriber count on Youtube

But my main point is still about the category names - 3D Art will always be animated, therefore not in-game and - according to your logik - not a project. So then why does this category even exist? ^^
05/01/2012 7:36 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
Well, projects are restricted to in-game builds & creations. Seeing as your animations have no actual Minecraft footage, and are entirely animated, they are ineligible to be posted within the projects section. Progress really has nothing to do with this.. That's my view on whether or not your videos should be posted as projects. Hope you understand, and I mean no offence what so ever.

As for blogs getting less attention.. Blogs get less attention, somewhat true. However, they still get plenty. But that's hardly a problem for you, as you have 200+ subscribers ensuring you a spot on the popular reel. You also have 500-3000+ views on all your submissions on this site alone. I understand you want your channels to grow, but is this not enough for you?

Regards,
Wolf~
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome