A rule against subscribe abuse

yoavsnake's Avatar yoavsnake3/26/12 9:44 am
4/7/2012 10:23 pm
Lycandar's Avatar Lycandar
There are a few members on PMC who subscribe to every member they see, hoping to get a subscribe back. Sadly, sometimes they get a subscribe back although the one subscribed to them didn't like they're submissions. Some of them, for example are bob99 and iRilo.
yoavsnake
Level 41 : Master Herobrine

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2012 10:23 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
WolfOfDoom
NickmandontI wonder if subbing your friends who do nothing is bad

-snip-

• Making blogs requesting/asking people for a "Sub4Sub" or a
    "Diamond4Diamond". It's spam, and should be considered/reported as that.
  • Making forum topics requesting/asking people for a "Sub4Sub" or a
  • Requesting/asking people in chat for a "Sub4Sub" or a
    "Diamond4Diamond". It's spam, and should be deleted.

I agree with these and please report these as such , though with chat (purely talking about sub for sub) since it's not necessarily outright spam, it'll depend on context and the moderator present at the time.

Also please don't make topics that place certain users in a negative light

Rule 6. "If you can't make a point without degrading someone else...." Your point could stand on it's own without identifying individuals on the site.
04/07/2012 7:55 pm
Level 27 : Expert Cake
Nickmandont
I wonder if subbing your friends who do nothing is bad
04/07/2012 9:27 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
I wouldn't call it bad, to be honest. I would say something along the lines of unnecessary. I only say that because subscribing to someone who doesn't upload content.. Well.. Kind of bypassing the actual reason for a subscription. Then again, some people treat it as a game/friends list. There's nothing wrong with it, to me anyways.

I do want to go over a few things that shouldn't be allowed though. I'll make a quick list. Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

• Making blogs requesting/asking people for a "Sub4Sub" or a
  • Making forum topics requesting/asking people for a "Sub4Sub" or a
  • Requesting/asking people in chat for a "Sub4Sub" or a
    "Diamond4Diamond". It's spam, and should be deleted.
04/07/2012 7:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Zombie
epiczombeh
I dont see whats wrong with it, they are just being nice to everyone
04/07/2012 7:48 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
TheNewHope
iRilo is a nice girl, she subscribes to others to help them out! Make them look good! Dont talk about her when you dont really know her...!
04/07/2012 7:45 pm
Level 49 : Master Pixel Puncher
Beast
It's not just if you like they're work you have to subscribe to them, maybe if they helped you out, or you got to become good friends with them, you can sub them. But then again, there are those people who subscribe to you and message you to subscribe back.
03/27/2012 10:36 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
kvSketch
It's a rather silly argument if you ask me. Does it honestly matter how many people someone is subscribed to? In my opinion no, I know quite a few people who subscribe to anyone with at least an ounce of talent. It's also someone else's choice to subscribe to someone, it is their decision to subscribe to someone who has subscribed to them. Content isn't always a factor in subscribing anymore, most people seem to treat it as a game.
03/27/2012 12:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
Also, Subs are subs. No-point comlpaining about how the people that sub you are hipsters.
03/27/2012 12:49 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Spelunker
Ele_meno
I like the leveling system, if someone has a high level they should have good submissions to looks at and have been around for a while (normally). Obviously lower leveled people still have good submissions that need to be discovered.
And I don't believe iRilo subscribes to everyone, she is subscreibed to me but I've talked to her many times on another server and maybe she (and the other you named, though I've never seen them before) like alot to look at in their 'subscription activity'.
03/27/2012 12:00 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
I agre with Cass about the subs.

I find nothing wrong with the levelling system. Post a creation = Some XP. Creation is viewed/diamonded/subs/fav'd = S'more XP. Subs = XP.

The only fault is someone might posts 20 stolen skins in a day, and boosts up a few levels. But, flag it and then the rest of the stolen shiz will be taken down, they lose the boosted XP and go back to level 1.

I see nothing wrong with it as it is.
03/27/2012 11:32 am
Level 31 : Artisan Spider Rider
King_Of_Nether
I can't see how subbing random people would do anything but make your 'My Subscription Activity' section explode.

Anywayz, sub 4 sub?
03/27/2012 11:29 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
yoavsnakeThere are a few members on PMC who subscribe to every member they see, hoping to get a subscribe back. Sadly, sometimes they get a subscribe back although the one subscribed to them didn't like they're submissions. Some of them, for example are bob99 and iRilo.

The problem with this being implemented as a rule is that you're having to guess at people's intentions. If someone's just altruistic and likes making friends by subbing people, you're punishing them because you've (incorrectly) guessed they're doing it for subs. Besides, what would the cap be? 100 subs? 200 subs? How would you draw the arbitrary line between 'not subbing for subs' and 'subbing for subs'?
From what I've seen, people who sub for subs also generally upload stolen, unoriginal and/or remixed content for the XP and subs, so it's easy enough to flag them for that.
03/26/2012 10:51 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
All I saw when I clicked the thread was someone complaining about another person subbing to everyone, and the start of a blacklist.. Now we're discussing the leveling system in a whole. Obviously, the system is a great feature of this site, but it's not needed to be honest. It would be a pity to see it go though..
03/26/2012 10:40 am
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
Lord Tristem
yoavsnakeThere are a few members on PMC who subscribe to every member they see, hoping to get a subscribe back. Sadly, sometimes they get a subscribe back although the one subscribed to them didn't like they're submissions. Some of them, for example are bob99 and iRilo.

I don't see why this is a problem considering I doubt they're really hurting anything besides just wasting there own time.
03/26/2012 10:33 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
rageman96Take the moderators for example, they must get at least 1 person per day subbing to them to suck up to them, not because of their work (no offense moderators )

True. Brings a rather hollow victory D:
03/26/2012 10:29 am
Level 42 : Master Lad
rageman96
Unfortunately there is no way to stop this. Take the moderators for example, they must get at least 1 person per day subbing to them to suck up to them, not because of their work (no offense moderators )
03/26/2012 10:25 am
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
sparkyman215
subscribers, xp and levels is what makes PMC run. Without it, nobody would have any incentive to push them to upload that skin, post that blog, or create that mod.
03/26/2012 10:28 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
On the contrary, PMC has ran around a year without the experience / leveling system.
The leveling system gives you nothing in return (just some measly titles and a higher number under the name). We still had amazing builds / mods / texture packs / etc. long before the leveling system.

What makes PMC run is the community,the users incentive to show off the creations they made, and even the ability to share such things.
03/26/2012 10:20 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
LutheryWho cares about subscribers anyways?

I do D:

-foreveralone.png-
03/26/2012 10:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Explorer
Luthery
Who cares about subscribers anyways? Most of them who instantly begs for subscribers or just subscribe to 100 persons per day with bad content and hope for alot of subscribers and thinks they are the most famous persons on PMC when they have got like 100+ subscribers.

I think subscribers, xp and levels should be removed, don't hate. It's just my opinion, haters.
03/26/2012 10:38 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Charlizard
I wish it could be, too. But since it is added, everyone will be sad if it was removed. At least it makes us original! (Oh, and don't forgot awesum.)
Props to everyone that doesn't abuse it
03/26/2012 9:58 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Mage
Dunmeritude
I don't subscribe to people because they subscribe to me, I subscribe to people with good content.
03/26/2012 9:50 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
Cassie
You didn't exactly clarify what your "rule" is supposed to do and prevent..?
Is it supposed to make people subscribe back to random subscribers..?

People can subscribe to whoever they want to and people don't have to subscribe back.

I have 64 subscribers and I'm subscribed to 131 people, barely half of those are my actual subscribers.
I subscribe to people I feel who post nice content that I want to see more of, not because they subscribed to me.
03/26/2012 11:08 am
Level 41 : Master Herobrine
yoavsnake
Not to subscribe everybody.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome