Shallow dome?

averlus's Avatar averlus5/31/11 4:17 pm
1 emeralds 395 2
6/11/2011 6:42 pm
averlus's Avatar averlus
Hello!

For what it's worth the project I've been working on is Balamb Garden from Final Fantasy VIII. I've really tried to stay true to the game and so far it's come out great, but I've hit a wall.

The outer wall of the main structure of what I'm trying to build is a "circle" 101 blocks wide and 10 blocks high. To move on to the second floor i need to construct a partial dome that goes more inward than up for at least 15 more blocks. The only problem is the domes I get from MCEdit and the dome chart that floats around the forums isn't creating the correct type dome. Those domes head upward a great distance before heading inward. How do I tackle making this with no charts or mods? Please advise as I'm not good with seeing things visually ahead of time (to come out as good as it has so far it's been very difficult lol).

edit: here's a photo of the outer wall
averlus
Level 33 : Artisan Architect