home Forumsplay_arrow PMC fiber_manual_record Discussion

Should PMC have an autosave feature for blogs and descriptions?

5 emeralds9 replies184 views
created 12/03/2017 1:47 pm by lovehermadly
last reply 12/05/2017 6:13 pm
Ever since I started writing on PMC almost four years ago, I've always had a pet-peeve with the site. Although it's a great medium for my blogs and other posts, I hated it when the server went down before I posted something, and I lost all of my work, or when I accidentally hit shift+backspace, resulting in the deletion of it all. If it did have an autosave feature like Google Docs, it would make blog-writing a lot less stressful. But despite this, it might be complicated for the site's programmers to install such a feature into the site (I wouldn't know, because I'm not great with coding).

What are your thoughts on the matter? Votes and replies are welcome.
Posted by avatar
lovehermadly
Level 31 : Artisan Scribe

9 replies

12/05/2017 6:13 pm
Level 2 Apprentice Explorer
SodaBishop
It would be nice, especially since I personally come up with map ideas, or just blog out whatever I feel like, and it typically takes some time to write out my thoughts.
12/04/2017 8:47 am
Level 22 Expert Scribe
Azrath
Oh yes please, cant count how many times in past I lost so many HUGE texts just due it not saving when I left it open and went to do something else.
12/03/2017 6:07 pm
Level 44 Master Cowboy
Chron
Yeah, that'd be nice, but just write it in Google Docs to begin with. Or do what all the cool kids (there aren't any more cool kids in blogging let's be real) used to do and make your text into an image. At this point with the collapsing of blogging culture and the eventual migration of blogs into another format (hopefully not the current forums so help me), I don't think it'd be a worthwhile investment.
12/04/2017 12:00 am
Level 11 Journeyman Narwhal
Entriquit_
Never really ran into this problem on PMC specifically, however I know what it feels like to lose a few paragraphs of texts that you've spent a solid hour on.

Definitely would be a nice feature!
12/03/2017 7:09 pm
Level 27 Expert Pixel Painter
Cib
This should be posted in Tickets. Personally I write my blogs in Google Docs or Microsoft Word then copy it to here.
12/03/2017 7:13 pm
Level 31 Artisan Scribe
lovehermadly
My apologies. I stared posting again just three days ago and I'm still kind of unfamiliar with the new setup (I haven't been on since December 2015). I'll remember next time.
12/03/2017 8:12 pm
Level 27 Expert Pixel Painter
Cib
Don't worry about it. It's not a big problem
12/03/2017 3:01 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Tomura
That'd be real helpful for those who type a lot in their descriptions or blogs! I personally don't, but I know the struggle with losing everything you've been working on, though for me it's usually on drawings rather than writings since I'm super meticulous with constantly saving those for some reason, lol.
12/03/2017 2:10 pm
Level 38 Artisan Pixel Puncher
TomConn
Having an autosave would be great! Then I wouldn't have to pre-make all text and pictures in a word document :D

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome