*sigh* Once again someone is stealing my work

Block_Fortress's Avatar Block_Fortress10/31/11 4:57 am
11/1/2011 6:43 pm
c danovich's Avatar c danovich
I'm getting tired of this. It's a bit ridiculous now. This is why I do not upload schematics and is why the forum moderators are posting up rant blogs at the moment. I'm not even angry any more. It just happens all the time. I want to share my stuff and I want you to enjoy the creations I make. People like this guy make me want to stop.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/capital-of-myrith/

I see the community has helped me out already. If you do not already know, this is my project of it: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/capital-of-myrith---chyrseum/

He came onto the server and downloaded the work with a client side mod. I ask you, what's the point in having all these schematics? Build yourself. Get better. Practice. Don't be a f*%$ing bitch when someone doesn't upload a schematic. I NEVER have and NEVER will download a schematic. If I want to see it I go onto the persons server to view it, It supports their server and helps them grow more. You should do the same.

Also what's the point in uploading a schematic if I get absolutely NOTHING in return? Amida's Shrine for example, has over 1300 downloads, 5800 views, only 54 upvotes. And I reckon I got maybe 10 subscribers on my youtube channel for it. I mean COME ON! WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO FREAKING GIVE YOU SO YOU WILL DO ME THE TINIEST OF FAVOURS AND CLICK A LITTLE BUTTON ON MY FREAKING YOUTUBE CHANNEL? Because right now all that happens is a one way situation. I give you stuff you give me nothing. PMC Formula: 8 hours of work = negligible support
Block_Fortress
Retired Moderator
Level 78 : Legendary Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/01/2011 6:43 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
c danovich
uhuh, that is actually a pretty good idea.
making YT videos also illustrates how a project is better then seperate screenshots.

thanks Carole, you inspired me to do things differently from now on:D
10/31/2011 9:33 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
PS: Block_Main, I suggest if people demand schematics, do it this way. Link to your youtube account on each of your projects. (NOT on PMC, because that's against the rules, but on youtube) say this: "like it? want the schematic? subscribe and I will PM you the schematic."

and just... don't... post them otherwise. THEN if they show up elsewhere, you have a list of the people you sent them to........ etc etc etc.
11/01/2011 12:01 am
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
P0CKETLINT13
Agree with the subscribing thing.
10/31/2011 11:11 pm
Block_Fortress
That would work. Thanks for the idea.

Also I agree on your statement about permanent ban. Stealing work or stealing someone elses design completely without consent from the creator should not be taken lightly. It is plagiarism at its finest.
10/31/2011 9:31 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
keep reporting please, I know you're getting tired of it, but we can't squash the bugs if we don't know where they're hiding.

I'm going to clear it with the team, but I'm going to suggest a zero tolerance for stolen schematics/projects. Skins (although it's seriously annoying) are almost impossible to stop from getting stolen, because... unless we don't allow ANY downloads.... there's no way to stop the spread to skin mixing sites, etc. But. Projects. Mods. Texturepacks. These things are really obvious when they're stolen. I say first offense? Permanent ban. Period. We don't need thieves on PMC.
10/31/2011 5:48 pm
Level 44 : Master Ninja
Gotheredsox
whenever someone steals your work you can always report them just so you know...
10/31/2011 5:55 pm
Block_Fortress
I do that but most people these days have a proxy on and can use multiple accounts. Once they have the schematkc you cannot stop them spreading it.
10/31/2011 6:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
Keith-Driscoll
Well when you post your schematic on PMC you do get something out of it. You Get recognised by other players and respected based on your building skills. After looking at what you built I think your an amazing builder
Also What really annoyed be about the guy that stole from you, the description on his copied content was : "Ever wanted this capital for yourself? well here it is!! no more problem. it was a steal to get this! ".
There are things you can do to prevent people from using Mods to steal your work from your server. Ever heard of spout? you could make your server a Spout Client only server which requires their Client in order to join the server. Its pretty awesome too and Spout plugins can enhance your server experience alot !

Here : http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/dev-sp ... 337.29259/

It really sucks that people on PMC are stealing other user's work but remember most people on PMC are kids so don't expect their not to be any immature people or selfish little brats because there are !
10/31/2011 8:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Demolitionist
P0CKETLINT13
^ This.
I'm getting tired of reporting stolen work......
10/31/2011 10:56 pm
Block_Fortress
It is the developers job to also promote his work. The fact that we did not know about this and not only that, that the people who knew our work was taken via that client side mod did not know about this plugin, means that it was not properly promoted. It's like releasing Skyrim when no one knows the game was about to be released.

I thank Keitho15 for showing us this mod. It has solved a world of problems.
10/31/2011 3:32 pm
Block_Fortress
Thanks man. Hopefully that link will save us a lot of grief.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome