Signature Limitations

Zaralith's Avatar Zaralith6/19/11 9:09 pm
1 emeralds 598 9
6/21/2011 2:11 pm
Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz
I think that there should be some limitations placed on signatures, more specifically about the size of images that are placed in them. I only say this because there are a few people whose signatures are annoying because they are 2 and 3 and 4 banners for different things that they support stacked on top of each other, adding clutter. This limit would be a total signature size in terms of vertical height as I think the horizontal already behaves like the rest of the site and chops things off.
Zaralith
Retired Moderator
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/21/2011 2:11 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
Forum sig height is now 110. If taller, a wild scroll bar appears.

Smink, use a program like Gimp or the online program, Pixlr, to resize your 300 pixel image to fit within 100x100 for avatar use.
06/21/2011 2:08 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
Could you increase the avatar size cause id rather have a different picture besides "Bread" i tried to put a diff pic on but it was 300 pixels or is that to big

Have you tried uploading the new picture? I would assume it shrinks it. Mine is 100x100 originally.
06/21/2011 2:01 pm
Zaralith
300 pixels is huge. I think that mine is about 50 to 100 pixels. That is usually a reasonable avatar image, though I have also seen 50x50 work well too. When it is smaller than that, it is usually pixel art instead of images (Think 32px). Anyway, moving to finished since the CSS is in place.
06/20/2011 1:51 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Smink
Cyprezz:) I agree. I've been meaning to use a line of CSS to solve the issue. I'll implement shortly. It will simply keep our signatures under 100 pixels high, maybe a little less. If taller, the sig(s) will be cut off & a wild scroll bar appears.

Could you increase the avatar size cause id rather have a different picture besides "Bread" i tried to put a diff pic on but it was 300 pixels or is that to big
06/20/2011 1:13 am
Zaralith
Cyprezz... 100 pixels high, maybe a little less. If taller, the sig(s) will be cut off & a wild scroll bar appears.

Lol, Pokemans reference. It is hilarious how the status messages and features have little pop-culture references throughout them. It is very obvious that Cyprezz is a geek from these. All hail.
06/20/2011 12:44 am
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
I agree. I've been meaning to use a line of CSS to solve the issue. I'll implement shortly. It will simply keep our signatures under 100 pixels high, maybe a little less. If taller, the sig(s) will be cut off & a wild scroll bar appears.
06/19/2011 10:32 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
Second what kacboy said. xD
If banners could be side by side then it'd slim down a good number of threads.
And based off the width they seem to fit side by side perfectly.
06/19/2011 10:30 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
_Beta I would say your is too long.

I only say this because there are a few people whose signatures are annoying because they are 2 and 3 and 4 banners for different things that they support stacked on top of each other

ikr and for some reason 2 banners can't be beside each other.
06/19/2011 10:16 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
_Beta
I agree. It'd be nice not to have to scroll the mousewheel 3 times just to see the next post. Maybe implement something like the Minecraft Forums sig limits?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome