Site Questions: 'Recommend for Diamonds'

iRapp's Avatar iRapp8/20/11 8:06 pm
9/5/2011 1:36 pm
GrizzlyAmish's Avatar GrizzlyAmish
Recently I have noticed a large amount of server posts floating around with things in the title such as 'Recommend for Diamonds' or other such bribes to join.

What do you guys think about this? Is it right, wrong, should it be stopped, is bribing something you want to allow, particularly in titles... Etc etc.

Just want some opinions and maybe some attention to stop it, as I believe bribes such as that ought to be stopped in order for attention to be diverted to all servers, and not just the ones looking for cheap recommends and views.

So. Opinions?
iRapp
Retired Moderator
Level 50 : Grandmaster Technomancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/05/2011 1:36 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
We can't control what goes on within servers. If they broadcast it within the server, there's nothing that moderators can do.

It's up to the person to make the right choice and just move on from the server if they want to play cheaply as such.
09/05/2011 1:29 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Marshmallow06
Not only recommend for diamonds, but recommend for a certain rank. It's unfair, and you never know if who you're giving the rank to is going to use the permissions to grief. It's ridiculous.
09/05/2011 1:34 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Pownage
Yea but now, like deatherowcraft, they are saying to like and recommend IN the game so it is like a loop hole in not posting recommend for diamonds on the server post on PMC. Grizzly what do you think?
09/05/2011 1:25 pm
Pownage
Well now some servers are saying to like and favorite in game im sure thats not allowed too.
08/26/2011 5:47 am
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
FearGrump
But that really helped my server grow. Even though we only do one per 25.. Bu the members still think that they are going to get diamonds when they recommend. There would be no freedom craft without having to do what had to be done. What about all those servers that make a post and delete them in a couple of minutes and make a new one so that they can be seen on the front page? What's the difference? If people lilke your server, they will naturally like and recommend it like in r case here. Some people thought dint realize that it's not fair to the others. By pushing them off the list because the new servers say recommend for diamond. It's bs! But yet, we still made it to 14th on mcbans server listings.
08/22/2011 10:42 pm
iRapp
Despite the opinions shown, I've actually seen an increase in these posts...
08/21/2011 12:11 am
Level 78 : Legendary Unicorn
Block_Fortress
We work so hard to get our server out there then we see some survival server with no screenshots or anything, but only "recommend for diamonds" displayed on the front page.

Jealousy doesn't come into this. This is just too far. I don't mind crawling through pickles to help the server I play on get popular but people who do this make me want to pick up the pickles, and throw it at them, to see how they cope with crawling through it.

*Epic rage sign off*
08/21/2011 12:17 am
Pownage
Lol I dont't even recomend/fav/suscribe. I just say i uprated and they give me admin and or diamonds. XD What suckers. But either way I think it should be stopped it's pretty annoying.
08/21/2011 12:04 am
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
Yes , It's possibly going to be stopped in the future.
08/21/2011 12:00 am
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
TheAsterite
Of course! Why else would we voice our complains?
08/20/2011 11:55 pm
iRapp
So do you guys think it should be stopped?
08/20/2011 10:41 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Taco
kacboy
People do this because there server is too lame to get proper votes. And when giving away OP the admins uually abuse their power and kick everyone regardless. -_-
08/20/2011 10:52 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Toast
SoulStealer
Exactly .

Also they are trying to bribe new people to join.
08/20/2011 10:27 pm
Level 28 : Expert Unicorn
TheAsterite
This is *ALMOST* like bribery in the real world. *ALMOST* mind you, almost. This is like giving a bribe to get a big fat pay check, 'cept in minecraft terms, which is votes.
I fairly dislike bribery, as it corrupts the truth and innocents of the "like" system. Even though i jut made my own server, i shall do no such thing as bribery. I already recruited some fairly nice people, which i will promptly admin or op, so that they can hopefully, make my server better. Bribery is NOT the way to get honest to god likes. It is to let the people decide, kind of like a democracy, 'cept without the political effects.

Thank you for hearing me out
-TheAsterite
08/20/2011 10:14 pm
iRapp
The point isn't necessarily what you give them, but that it's bribing to make them join. Joining a server should be based on what they see, not bribes and how they can get diamonds just by upvoting.
08/20/2011 10:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
IamNOTch
PS that is entirely true.
08/20/2011 10:05 pm
GrizzlyAmish
The "diamond thing" as in "bribing", then yes.
My view of this: a user shouldn't have to favorite/upvote a server before they even get to experience the server. That ruins the favorite and upvote feature entirely.
A user should only upvote the server if they enjoy it, and favorite it if they absolutely love the darn thing.

The bribing thing is just another way of abusing the system, man!

However, a user can take away their upvote and de-favorite the server. This is true.
How many users know or remember that they can take away their upvote for the server?
08/20/2011 10:11 pm
IamNOTch
I let my players test it out, then ask if they enjoy it, and if they like to be an admin. I'd ask for a recommend if they think they would be committed. Also there aren't benefits except item spawning and having the regular powers, I personally hate it when admins have more power than the owner. Which I don't allow admins to spawn an entire inventory either.
08/20/2011 10:00 pm
IamNOTch
I have it on my RP server that every first person out of a set of 3 recommendations for the first 6 people get admin. My server is new so I thought that it would be a good way to get help. (They also have to apply before recommending, see them on the server for a while, and have to get accepted.)
I totally agree on the diamond thing. People should work on their own.
08/20/2011 9:50 pm
iRapp
Thank you Grizzly (: Glad to see my suggestion is being put to use.
08/20/2011 8:25 pm
GrizzlyAmish
Indeed.Bribing is a poor way in trying to get recommendations.

This shall be mentioned with the other mods. (Unless it was already mentioned.. and if it wasn't then it should have been!)
08/20/2011 8:14 pm
Pownage
iRappRecently I have noticed a large amount of server posts floating around with things in the title such as 'Recommend for Diamonds' or other such bribes to join.

What do you guys think about this? Is it right, wrong, should it be stopped, is bribing something you want to allow, particularly in titles... Etc etc.

Just want some opinions and maybe some attention to stop it, as I believe bribes such as that ought to be stopped in order for attention to be diverted to all servers, and not just the ones looking for cheap recommends and views.

So. Opinions?

Yes i completely agree with you there. This should not be allowed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome