[Help] Skin is taking quite a while to upload

PKMNlegendJAMES's Avatar PKMNlegendJAMES8/25/14 4:05 pm
1 emeralds 315 6
8/26/2014 10:19 am
cakeface's Avatar cakeface
Mods: If this is in the wrong part and needs to go into a Help section, please /move it. Thanks :3

As I write this thread, my skin is still uploading. Yes.

I recently created a skin for the Emotion Skin Contest, and upon completing went to submit it to the contest. However, when choosing the skin file, the 'Uploading File...' is staying. It's not uploading the skin.

I double, triple, quadruple and turkey-checked the file and it is a Portable Network Graphic file (PNG), it is 64 x 32 pixels in length and height respectively like a skin should be (prior the snapshot that allowed another layer of all skin parts) and the file size is 1.62KB. And we all know that the maximum file size is 512KB.

(It's STILL uploading :I)

Are the uploading servers overloaded or what? I know I've got about 9 1/4 days left till submitting to the contest is finished, but I would like to get it in around now so I don't forget

I've already tried cancelling and re-uploading. Nothing. I've tried refreshing the page. Nothing. I've tried closing my browser for like a minute and trying again. Nothing :I
PKMNlegendJAMES
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/26/2014 10:19 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
I think probably someone else has said this, but if it's something like 0101001010012847210.png or 01294tghf353.png or something long rename it to something short like 123.png or pmc.png or use jpeg
08/26/2014 8:25 am
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
EmeraldModule
If the skin file has anything but numbers and letters, than will happen. Rename the .png file to something short like: PMCContest.
08/26/2014 10:09 am
PKMNlegendJAMES
Lol renamed it to PMCContest and it uploaded within an instant the original file name wasn't that much longer from PMCContest. It was named EmotionsRage before changing it.

Ah, whatever. It's uploaded. And it's gooood :3
08/26/2014 8:14 am
PKMNlegendJAMES
OK, so I tried again, and it still hasn't worked. I tried with the default char.png so see if it was how detailed the skin was, and the char.png was saved ready for upload in 2 seconds.

Looks like I'll be waiting for a LONG time for the skin to upload then on the bright side, at least I know it will be able to upload

Thanks Network for your help regardless ;3
08/25/2014 4:22 pm
PKMNlegendJAMES
Yeah. Probs gonna have to wait till tomorrow. My Internet connection speed is 54Mbps, so that's fine. Tried clearing Firefox's cache: didn't work. Tried going to Chrome: didn't work. Tried clearing Chrome's cache: didn't work.

Gonna wait till tomorrow
08/25/2014 4:09 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Are you sure it's not your internet connection?

Also try clearing your browser cache, or try another browser. If that doesn't work i guess you need to try later.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome