Skin Transparency

Alpengoats's Avatar Alpengoats11/17/11 4:06 am
11/17/2011 2:53 pm
Kytoko's Avatar Kytoko
Why won't the site let me post my skin?

It says my skin has transparencies in it, but I have checked it several times. It is completely solid.

I'm confused and want this new rule revoked.
Alpengoats
Level 47 : Master Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/17/2011 2:53 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
Alpen it's not the site, it's your skin that is the problem here.

Give me the .png and I will fix it for you and prove this

Also, transparent skins haven't worked in game since Alpha I believe so uploading a transparent one would be pointless Necro
11/17/2011 2:22 pm
Alpengoats
It's not that I want to put on a transparent skin, I am trying to upload a completely solid skin and the site seems to think that it is transparent.
11/17/2011 1:08 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Goblin
necrontyr
if ya wana put on a transparent skin, heres a blog i made ages ago 2 explain http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-2-make-see-through-parts-of-skins-see-through/
11/17/2011 12:59 pm
Alpengoats
I think the site should warn you that the skin has transparencies and that they will show up black in game, but then you should be able to say that you understand but wish to post it anyways.
11/17/2011 9:36 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
If anyone can't get their skin to work, try emorak's method, and if it still doesn't work or you can't be bothered, just send them to me in a pm and i'll have it working in no time

I'll also get round to putting up how i do it later. Its different to emorak's method
11/17/2011 9:05 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Kytoko
I actually had a fix for this but Mods wouldn't make it sticky and no one was finding the topic so I removed the video, I can re upload it to my other account (non partnered one)
11/17/2011 6:58 am
Level 28 : Expert Skinner
Unknowninja
Well how about you can only use transparency if it's skin art? Like the skin is just for show and not for wearing. (for example: portal turrets)
11/17/2011 8:08 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
see, I like skin art too, but if we have a section for it, it needs its own place in the skins section. "Artistic skins, not playable" or something like that. It's a fun challenge to see what you can make out of the template with its limitations.
11/17/2011 8:15 am
Unknowninja
Exactly. Hopefully this can be made possible!
11/17/2011 5:52 am
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
Why do you want it revoked? Then people who like your skin can't use it because now minecraft doesn't recognize the skin. See what I'm saying? Cyprezz knows what he's doing there, don't worry about it. Just next time use gimp or paint.net.
11/17/2011 5:00 am
Unknowninja
Yea that happened when i tried to put one of my skins up. In the end i redid the skin and it worked. What i think might have happened (not 100% sure) was that i had saved it before with the whole screen colored, then re-saved it as something else after i finished the skin. I had erased the colors in the "hat" section and put something else in it. So (idk) maybe it somehow mistook the "hat" section for empty space.
(btw what is your skin? the new rule has it so every space has to be filled, excluding the "hat" space and non-skin space)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome