So, why aren't these allowed?

2 emeralds 27 replies 266 views | started 05/15/2018 6:59 pm by ThatTonyboo
I've had one or two of my own mods I made with a program called MCreator removed, saying they aren't allowed due to they being unreal mods, and that they trash the work of real modders.

I'd like to make an objection to this. MCreator is now, with the release of 1.7.9, has a far more advanced procedure (upgrade of the events) system, which makes it really awesome and closer to real modding. Plus, people make some truly amazing things like Sensor Craft (here), that they can't share because the community is too stubborn to let them share because they used a program. A quick gif showing off the new procedure system, the far more advanced replacement to the old events system: here.

Not everyone can learn Java people. This is my point of view only, but be fair.

Even I can't get the grip of Java, and probably won't ever, but MCreator mods, while are made with a GUI only, are still able to be wonderful in ways. My opinion is to allow them if they seem to be detailed enough, because hey, some of them are really cool.

So, yeah, for you people that are too lazy to read, a quick sum up: Allow MCreator mods to be shared on PlanetMinecraft, IF they are detailed enough.

Thanks for listening everyone, comments and feedback (or emeralds, if you want) are greatly appreciated.
Posted by avatar
ThatTonyboo
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
This thread is locked. You are unable to post new replies.

27 replies

05/18/2018 6:49 am
Level 52 Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrthus
im gonna close this because the question has been answered and people just keep posting the same answer, if you have read through this thread and all the comments and still dont know please create a ticket and we'll tell you the same thing

www.planetminecraft.com/tickets/
05/18/2018 4:28 am
Level 5 Apprentice Engineer
MmanGamer14
If it's low effort, don't post it.
If it's a really good mod (and not stolen), then go for it. Who gives a damn about how it was made if it's a REALLY good mod.
05/16/2018 6:08 pm
Level 38 Artisan Pixel Puncher
Mercy_
Looking through the PMC Rules I honestly couldn't find anything about MCreator mods Not being allowed here on PMC. I know there was an old ban back in 2014, but that's nearly 4 years ago now, and the ban seems to not exist anymore, so I guess all you really need to do is just describe your mod and make the disclaimer that you used MCreator to make it.

And then just do like Azie said further down: "State that the mod was made with MCreator" and "Link back to the MCreator site" and then you should be good to go :)
05/16/2018 7:10 pm
Karrthus
they used to have thier own rule but then they were assimilated by the program generated content rule for years, but now mc creator can be used to create mods aslong as they follow our guidelines for mods
05/17/2018 12:39 am
Level 4 Apprentice Ranger
ThatTonyboo
Yup 👌
05/16/2018 11:36 am
Level 73 Legendary Senpai
Soulas
Well actually it's kinda stupid idea even though i sometimes check some of these mods out, but compared to java even now Mcreator is basically nothing. As while purely coding something you would be able make anything from scratch, code every part of it and much more. It's not that hard to learn a coding and when you do you just might make something really huge that might surpass all other mods someday.
05/17/2018 12:38 am
ThatTonyboo
I get that Java is greater than MCreator, yeah. Java is a literal language and can do whatever to be honest, where MCreator is, well.. limited.
05/15/2018 7:24 pm
Level 66 High Grandmaster Pokemon
Luis
MCreator mods are allowed, as long as they follow other rules
05/16/2018 7:32 am
Level 53 Grandmaster Terraformer
Myyoyo
If I remember right, the creator of the software has said that he don't want people to post the mods here.
05/16/2018 6:02 pm
Level 38 Artisan Pixel Puncher
Mercy_
I did a check up on this and I couldn't find anything about Pylo (The developers and creators of MCreator) saying that they don't want it.
However I went to their site and found very few post's about this ban and for the most part it looks as if it's the MCreator community that doesn't want to upload it here. But that was older post's.

Newer post's involving PMC and MCreator have seemed to be about how to upload it to PMC without getting the mod removed, and Azie basicly just told us all what to do if we want to upload our MCreator mods here, so I guess it's an old conflict that has passed, and should just be forgotten.
05/16/2018 1:23 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Their Terms of Use states MCreator mods may be distributed/published on sites that allow them, but the poster needs to:

a.) state that the mod was made with MCreator

b.) link back to the MCreator site
05/16/2018 5:02 am
ThatTonyboo
Last time I tried, I got my mods denied 4 times because "MCreator mods aren't allowed", so it must of changed?
05/16/2018 6:58 am
Karrthus
we completely re-did the site rules from the ground up back in january, you are now allowed to post MCreator mods aslong as they fit in with our given guidelines for mods. It doesnt straightly say "you can post mc creator mods" but the section for program generated content was removed from the mods section

https://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#mods
05/15/2018 7:44 pm
Level 6 Apprentice Artist
thunderbolt73
"I can't get the grip of Java, and probably won't ever"

Not with that attitude!
05/16/2018 5:03 am
ThatTonyboo
Read my other comment.
05/15/2018 7:15 pm
Level 23 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Speaking on the matter of Java exclusively - it is self deprecating and inaccurate to claim that you can't get the grip, let alone never will. Yes, it can be tricky. Start small, even with a smaller language, and work your way up. Anyone can learn Java. It's only your own unwillingness to put in the necessary effort that holds you back.
05/16/2018 5:02 am
ThatTonyboo
I'm gonna put this here - I'm not looking for other peoples opinions on what they think. I have my own reasons for why I can't.
05/16/2018 11:14 am
Level 6 Apprentice Artist
thunderbolt73
Sorry if this comes of as rude- but why even make the post then? Isn't the entire point of a forum post to receive other's opinions?
05/15/2018 7:11 pm
Level 53 Grandmaster Terraformer
Myyoyo
It's not allowed because of copyrights. You didn't write the code.
05/16/2018 5:01 am
ThatTonyboo
I guess that makes sense, but we still made the idea behind it. Seems only fair.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome