Star wars build ideas?

partyweevil's Avatar partyweevil10/6/20 8:31 pm history
10/7/2020 9:28 pm
partyweevil's Avatar partyweevil
I'm writing a list of future builds I'm planning to make based on star wars, and although there is already way too much on there, do you have any suggestions? I don't really want to make something like the death star, because it doesn't fit in the build height at all, though I am recreating the planet of Tatooine, which is also pretty big, but really and suggestions are welcome, it doesn't even have to be star wars. I'm not going to show what I already have on the list but just leave some ideas you might like to see in the future. (ships/vehicles, places, scenes, etc, any suggestions welcome) Thanks!
partyweevil
Level 34 : Artisan Caveman

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/07/2020 9:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
CenturianDoctor
if you arent already planning this, an endor battle scene would be cool
10/07/2020 9:27 pm
partyweevil
definitely one to add to the list, I remember trying to build endor on the xbox version a long time ago. once I finish some of the vehicles like at-st, lamda shuttle, speeders and such I will have to build one up, though terrain isn't my strong suit unfortunately
10/07/2020 4:27 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Droid
Yobi_Wan
What size do you plan to build in? I try to build as close as I can to 1:1 so they look right on my Tatooine map. And in my opinion, it doesn't matter if there is a lot of SW stuff here already. If you can build it better, go for it!
10/07/2020 4:50 pm
partyweevil
honestly I'm not really sure because a lot of big ships go past build height, but a lot of smaller builds are so small they should be 3:1
right now I'm going to do all my future builds that I can at 1.5:1 scale, because there is no way 1 block = 1 meter, and I need to make it look sort of decent. I would love to build in 2:1 scale but its a bit too easy, some of my older builds are at 1.4 or 1.6 to 1 scale so idk. might rebuild them later (or never) Kind of a big mess
10/07/2020 5:16 pm
Yobi_Wan
Yeah. I'm probably closer to 1.5:1 as well. That seems to be where you can be both accurate and close enough to 1:1. Honestly I don't measure anything. I just eyeball it. As long as the size looks correct in my map, I'm ok with it. Can't wait to see what you have going on for your Tatooine build. I'll tell you this though, making all of those buildings and structures gets really boring after awhile. I had to start focusing more on ships.
10/07/2020 6:32 pm
partyweevil
and also about the scale thing, doing it bye eye is definitely helpful, i my at at the canon measurements didn't line up with the actual height, so I kind of have to compromise
10/07/2020 6:22 pmhistory
partyweevil
well actually what I mean by tatooine is the entire planet, so first I have to do the terrain (at like a 0.03 scale or something) and then add the stuff like jabbas palace, lars house, obi wans hut, mos eisley, mos espa, and whatever else. Not sure if ill even be able to finish the terrain lol
10/07/2020 8:07 pm
Yobi_Wan
That's tiny! It should be interesting. Tatooine has some crazy terrain in some areas too.
10/07/2020 9:28 pm
partyweevil
sounds tiny, but its 6000 blocks across and I think 4000 blocks tall, small in comparison for sure, but its a lot of world painting to do
10/07/2020 1:06 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Crafter
KomoBlows
george lucas statue
10/07/2020 9:38 am
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
at-st maybe?
10/07/2020 12:44 pm
partyweevil
already on it, along with its big brother