Stolen Texture Pack -- Advice please

esmirff's Avatar esmirff6/18/13 10:29 pm
1 emeralds 563 8
6/18/2013 11:07 pm
sycoinc's Avatar sycoinc
So, my texture pack was completely stolen and only had the named changed before this unnamed person uploaded it. It was obvious. The great staff here at PMC had the stolen pack removed.

However, the stolen pack is all over the internet on different sites. I have asked the sites to take it down but no luck. It,s bad enough, these sites uploaded my texture pack without asking but having the stolen one on them really drives me. Any advice on what to do? or has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
esmirff
Level 82 : Elite Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/18/2013 11:07 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
sycoinc
Most the people who do this sort of thing do not know how to edit packs, if you 'hide' things in your pack or textures that can not be edited without making the textures look odd or mess them up then that is a way to prove it is yours.

Although there are methods to get your stolen content removed from other sites it most likely will be a long process and lead no where.

With other kinds of content there are ways to protect your material with non editable or delectable files but with MC texture packs since they are basically 'open source' and we upload to public sites we can't control whats stolen and whats not sadly...

All the best in getting them taken down, hate people who steal to get ahead
06/18/2013 11:00 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
This happened to me too, on my Arcility texture pack. It sucks.
Most of them that do this, though, post my texture pack on their website, but they link over to either the PMC post about it, or to an old download file.
06/18/2013 10:50 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
op:
http://www.marketingdock.com/copyrights ... gement.php

I list that to everyone who has copyright issues. The best you could do is send an angry email (politely) requesting that it's removed from their site. People will tell you, you have the right for legal action, but keep in mind this is both costly and a court may rule it to be a waste of their time.

Copyright law changes depending on the country, so this will make it harder if you want your pack removed from all sites; other countries aren't necessarily under your countrie's jurisdiction
06/18/2013 10:42 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Haze_the_Wolf
Azie, I will be sure to remember that post.
06/18/2013 10:45 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I actually remembered it from the_soup's rant about minersneedcoolshoes stealing her parts. Go to her profile and favorite that rant so you'll always have the link.
06/18/2013 10:32 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
miner836
theres not much you can do if the sites refuse to take them down.
06/18/2013 10:35 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
06/18/2013 10:43 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
miner836
i did not know that exsisted
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome